Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasfish Known billing issues regarding end of month error

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Madasfish Known billing issues regarding end of month error

Thanks Adam, I've asked one of our developers to take another look (ref: 62170).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

adamtemp64
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Thanks Adam, I've asked one of our developers to take another look (ref: 62170).

Any News?
adamtemp64
Grafter

Yet another week goes by and still no information regarding the issue
Since the plusnet takeover of madasafish and the madasafish take over of globalnet things have slowly gone wrong.
I was one of the first Globalnet customers and have remained loyal, my globalnet user id was 1230 asuming they started at zero I wasa fairly early user over 15 years now.
Please plusnet treat your user base that you aquired with the level of service we were used to.( only reently going further downhill)
I see to many complaints cropping up about the level of service declining on several forums. If I was on a market 3 exchange I guess I would be off to o2 (mobile customer) but stuck on a rural mkt 1 exchange no point jumping ship (yes my choice to live where i do).
The original issue is now over 5 months old and unless the end user checks thier usage may not even know of the issue is has cost them money.
Sorry for the rant
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The original issue is now over 5 months old and unless the end user checks thier usage may not even know of the issue is has cost them money.

From our understanding the actual issue of the usage being applied to both months has been fixed, the problem is back in development to fix a display issue where the daily summary doesn't match the monthly total.
If you're still seeing anything other than this please let us know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamtemp64
Grafter

Chris you fix one error and create another that is why I say the fault is over 5 months old. Please note we were previously told this issue was in testing so why did it not show the new issue and pevented yet more confusion .
Again poor implementation of a fix when over 6 months ago there were no issues until some system was updated then 5 months to fix only to create yet another issue? Are we expected to wait another 5 months to see a fix (we must e a dwindling number of customers so not a priority?)
dick:quote
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: adamtemp64
Chris you fix one error and create another that is why I say the fault is over 5 months old. Please note we were previously told this issue was in testing so why did it not show the new issue and pevented yet more confusion .

The original problem resulted in the potential for overcharging. This newer issue doesn't. I'd therefore disagree that the issue is five months old. The newer display issues were not highlighted in testing. As I alluded to here, testing of this particular problem isn't simple and some aspects of it can only be checked once the code has been rolled live.
Again poor implementation of a fix when over 6 months ago there were no issues until some system was updated then 5 months to fix only to create yet another issue? Are we expected to wait another 5 months to see a fix (we must e a dwindling number of customers so not a priority?)

The problem *is* being worked on by one of our developers. They have written a fix and it's waiting to be code reviewed. It will then need to be tested and change control approved before it will be committed to the live platform. I can't give an ETA for this at present.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

adamtemp64
Grafter

Bob
Thanks for the reply.
Ok the new issue will not cause a charging issue but would mean plusnet may not be able to charge a small over use as I would contest the daily and summary do not match (not that will happen this month as I will be within my 20gb)
As I have said before I hope all those affected by the overcharging that may have happend will be identified and refunded (again not directly affected) as they may not have seen the issues.
adamtemp64
Grafter

1st november now showing 0mb daily usage november summary 74mb
Just a heads up and 1st nov is still showing in october monthly but only a static 23mb which I guess is the router usage until reset time of my samknows monitoring box.
I would like to know why reset time is not 00.00 but some time on the 1st.
Adam
pierre_pierre
Grafter

officially the clocks change at 0100 so might be that
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I would like to know why reset time is not 00.00 but some time on the 1st.

Simply for the reason that there are too many accounts to process within that small time period so it takes a few hours to run through the script.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: adamtemp64
1st november now showing 0mb daily usage november summary 74mb

This issue should be getting fixed later on today.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

adamtemp64
Grafter

thanks Bob
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I hate to say it, but due to unforeseen circumstances the fix isn't going live today Sad
There's been an issue with the mock gateways we have on our staging platform. This stopped us from being able to generate usage data in a test environment. All being well the fix should get rolled a week from now instead...
Edit: I've been informed that the fix for this problem is now scheduled to roll live on 9th November.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Bob
Edit: I've been informed that the fix for this problem is now scheduled to roll live on 9th November.

This fix should have rolled live this morning.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

adamtemp64
Grafter

looks like monthly summary and daily are back inline.
But I note that dec 1st is now showing for november.
I guess this will always be the case as the changeover is not midnight.