cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasfish Known billing issues regarding end of month error

adamtemp64
Grafter

Madasfish Known billing issues regarding end of month error

Please can a senior person investigate this long standing issue and inform all madasafish customers what is being done to resolve the issue.
I have yet again commented in TB about this http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/freenetname/f/3895077-pn-staff-a-question-for-you.html?fpart=2
I am sorry to say after  16 years isp loyality I may look else where next year but as restricted to market 1 exchange I do not have many choices.
Adam
30 REPLIES 30
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Madasfish Known billing issues regarding end of month error

Let me get someone to do some more digging into this, the fix rolled live and is currently in monitoring however from what you've said it doesn't seem to have actually fixed the issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamtemp64
Grafter

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm unable to see you attachment unfortunately.
However, I've spoken to Bob and looked at your usage, and although 1st October may be showing in both months the usage will only show in one of the other.
This is due to the time the reset happens, so the first few hours of October will show in September and the rest will show as October usage.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamtemp64
Grafter

Ok Chris
Perhaps an email explaining this is required to all affected madasafish customers. Or a note explaining this in the usage section of my account,
I can see that this month there is a small value in oct 1 in sep usage and higher usage showing in october usage.
Adam
P.S. strange you cannot see the pdf linked to It opens on my iphone fine and on pc.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Adam,
We will be communitacting with any affected customers as soon as we know that the issues which are affecting usage have been fixed (which they should be soon).
Adam
PS no joy on my machine with that pdf either do you want to try attaching the file to a ticket on your account maybe?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

pdf converted to jpg
adamtemp64
Grafter

thanks oldjim
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No problem
Adam (the other one) should use a decent pdf viewer  Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you might have made it a bit bigger Jim
Win 7 screen Grab  Firefox  - Foxit reader 2.3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hi Adam,
I think the fix may have worked to a certain degree. It's just the display is confusing (although I'll have to have this confirmed by a developer):
Your usage gets reset during the early hours of the 1st of each month. Usage prior to this will be attributed to the September period. Usage after this will be attributed to the October period.
Raised: Today 01/10/10 04:47
Bandwidth usage has been reset

So this should be data that was transferred before 4:47am and therefore added to September's total:

And this should be usage that was transferred after 4:47am and therefore added to October's total:

Before the fix, my understanding is that these two values were the same? I've checked our RADIUS tables for the usage between midnight and 5:00am'ish and it comes to around 8MB. The usage after this comes to around 740MB so things seems to tally up.
The only problem I can see with this is that the monthly period is now displayed as 1st-31st, when it would make more sense for it to be 1st-1st (assuming the logic the system is using now is how we want things to work?)

As mentioned, I'll have a work with our developers and see what more I can find out. At the very least, I think we need to fix the date range on the summary view.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

adamtemp64
Grafter

bob as I remember it is always shows correct month end until the 1st happens
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Ah, thanks for that Adam Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Apprentice
Grafter

Hi Bob,
Quote from: adamtemp64
bob as I remember it is always shows correct month end until the 1st happens

Yes that's right and in My Account last month's usage history for me still includes some KBs for the 1st October.
adamtemp64
Grafter

very strange results
Madasafish Max Plus Broadband Oct 01 2010 Oct 31 2010 1.01GB  from the summary page
from the detail page
Oct 01 2010  245.29MB  31.88MB  277.17MB 
Oct 02 2010  57.12MB  13.64MB  70.76MB 

I would expect the figures to match and I know on my pc i have used over 300mb and on the new laptop downloaded a 500mb printer driver / software package plus other so the 1gb of usage in the summary looks correct