Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish lack of support on billing problems

johnrobinson
Grafter

Madasafish lack of support on billing problems

Hi there .
I am a 70 year old pensioner and have been with Freenet name and then Madasafish for many years. I finally signed up for the Broadband 5Gig package last September.
I only get 1.8mps  connection speed but I can live with that. However my billing started to go wrong  a couple of months ago and I was unable to understand the monthly  usage amounts, and  some months were missed out altogether. There were even account records from dates before I ever went on BB.
I then started to get  emails saying I was 17 Gig over for the month which is ridiculous. I must have filled in dozens of tickets and made several long phone calls  which both parties seemed  unable to understand most of the time. . I just keep going around in circles with no one seeming to grasp the problem Finally I get emails appologising and saying the over use assessments were a mistake and to ignore them. That's fine I thought !
But now today my invoice has been sent and I am charged £25 extra for over use!.
I don't download any big media files- never dowloaded any music- don't watch TV- send a few emails and post a fewpics on a forum. I keep a daily check on my usage and make sure it is within my 5Gig so what's the point if the accounting system is all wrong.! I build and repair PC's so I have a pretty good idea of down and upload statistics.
It is worrying me sick and I wish I had never heard of Broadband. Trouble is there is no oneI  can complain to because after all the tickets and calls no one at the firm seems to understand the problem and yet it as plain as day when I look at my invoices and usage log.
Any ideas as to a proper phone number I can ring or anyone I can get to further up or any official body I can  complain to ?
John Robinson
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Madasafish lack of support on billing problems

welcome to the PN forums
Unfortunately you phone numbers seem to be different to our  yours is 0844 395 0830 (8am-8pm, 7 days a week, except Christmas Day and New Years Day)
we also have an 0114 295 5183 number in Sheffield, dont know if they have your details
johnrobinson
Grafter

Unfortunately you phone numbers seem to be different to our  yours is 0844 395 0830 (8am-8pm, 7 days a week, except Christmas Day and New Years Day

hello
Sorry ,I don't understand what you mean.
I have made many phone calls to the madasafish number but as I say It does no good.
I could try the other number you give.
John Robinson
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Plus Net help line numbers are  
 *  Customer Support: 0845 140 0200
   * Broadband Faults Helpline: 0845 140 0080
Now do you see?
johnrobinson
Grafter

Sorry
I know what the numbers are, but when I ring they never sove the problem.
That is the  very reason for this post !
Any how I have written to Sheffield by hand and will be contacting CAB and OFT.
Thanks for your help.
JohnRobinson
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I'm taking a look over your account, billing and usage now. I'll post back to the ticket shortly with my findings and what I'm going to do to resolve it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
johnrobinson
Grafter

Thanks Chris
Your phone call  a great relief !! All sorted
Faith restored - thanks again.
John Robinson
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You're welcome, thanks for the time on the phone and I'm glad I could restore your faith in us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.