Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

Quote from: I
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
All the letters are going out over the next couple of days Mike.

I have just spoke to a MAAF customer they have received no letter , not impressed  Angry , as any other MAAF customer had their letter  ?
If i send a PM can some one please check the customers account ?.
Regards
Mike

10:30 in the morning and not even a member of staff logged in , maybe they should get Joe of the TV adverts to help
It seems almost impossible to get a timely response on here from PN these days ! , obviously very busy  ( and very very thinly spread , almost see through) "fire fighting" on other sites ,  where customer have posted shocking reviews
Regards
Mike
10:30 in the morning and not even a staff member logged in, maybe Joe of the TV adverts can come and help here

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

icklesal
Dabbler

Literally due to migrate over tomorrow morning - slightly nervous what time frame I'm going to have to play around with the new settings and router. Thinking atm I might do it very early tomorrow morning. (I usually stay up silly O clock to work)
For me personally though, I will say in PN's favour they have been incredibly helpful to date on both phone and webchat. Let's just hope it continues tomorrow and over the next 18 months!
I know switching probably isn't going to suit some folks because they require far more of what MAAF offered than I do. But, as it stands, I'm saving a heap of cash on a monthly basis and can't wait to get something so trivial as unlimited broadband.  Cheesy
In that sense, I will be quite happy to leave MAAF's high charges and won't miss watching the GB counter near 50GB every month!
rnewfie
Grafter

Why was I not informed about this? I only happened to come onto this thread whilst searching for something else. I am not surprised really, because I was an active user of 'formmail' until plusnet pulled the plug on it without informing me. I lost several hundred customer enquiries before I realised and when I contacted plusnet support, all they did was apologise and suggest that I use someone else's 'formmail' facility!
There is clearly a lack of communication within Plusnet. They seem to think that they can change or remove facilities or functionality and not inform their customers.
This major change is less than 2 months away now and several people will probably end up with no service.
I have been with Plusnet (or companies which have been swallowed up by it) for over 16 years.
I was originally with Brightview, which was taken over by Globalnet.
Globalnet was taken over by Madasafish.
Madasafish was taken over by Plusnet.
My current situation :-
1) I have a main email address of 'user'@globalnet.co.uk. This can additionally be accessed by 'anything'@'user'.globalnet.co.uk. Because I am not using a plusnet email address, I have to use the madasafish web site to access webmail, which is also where I have to go to configure my spam filter. What happens to this arrangement after December? Will my globalnet email addresses still be functional? How do I configure my spam filter in future?
2) I have a web site hosted on www.users.globalnet.co.uk. What happens to this web site and how do I access it after December?
3) Emails sent to my web site are directed to my globalnet.co.uk email address via nominet. Do I need to change anything here?
May I suggest that instead of fire-fighting all of the queries you are getting from your customers, that you put together a comprehensive document detailing how the demise of madasafish is going to affect everyone. Doing it this way in a piecemeal fashion just comes across as un-professional.
If my business is impacted again by your un-announced changes to my terms and conditions, then I for one will be suing for breach of contract and loss of earnings.
ml45

like the previous post i only found out about this yesterday while trying to find out if superfast BB is available.  (My neighbour has it, why not me?)
I have received no email about it.
I have been with Madasafish since it tool over Brightview and have a totalise.co uk email, which I want to keep.
I rang the number and got through quickly but a new package is going to cost more so I am waiting a bit in case the superfast BB reaches me (it is being rolled out in our town as I write).
But why didn't I get the email or even the letter?
Mark
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
All the letters are going out over the next couple of days Mike.

PN why are you not responding to this thread , i posted for some assistance on the 13 and 14 , as it obvious customer are not receiving letters  , have any been sent ?.
I did speak with support , but all very vague.
To be frank,  on something this important ( users services  could be cut off with out them knowing ), to not even get a PN reply here , i feel is pretty rude!!
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rnewfie
Grafter

Plusnet obviously don't care about this issue.
The last update from a Plusnet member was on 24/09/2015 at 18:32.
I have opened a ticket on this and there is no response to that either.
I am seriously looking at Virgin Media now as I am running out of time on this.
I may have to port everything off Globalnet in less than 2 months with no advice from Plusnet support.
I don't even know whether I have to or how to do it.
Shoddy support after being with them for 16 years.
Do I have to report this to OfCom to prompt action?
I am certainly going to report it on the ThinkBroadband forum. Perhaps they will know more than Plusnet support!
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Bob Pullen has posted over here.
icklesal
Dabbler

Well...I can say that I'm only back here because I am a little confused atm.
Despite everything with the MAAF > PN all going smoothly in terms of order, I've STILL yet to be sent an email to actually activate the bloody thing!
So, Friday I contacted webchat and asked what was going on with my order. I explained it had been placed October 1st and was due to migrate 14/15th.
Whilst support were helpful, this time the lady the other end could offer me no real solution, or when I would hear.
Then I got:
Well, it can take two weeks.
It's been two weeks.
Oh then it will more than likely be the weekend.
Come on PN - you can do better than that!
The only reason I'm not completely fretting ATM, is that I do still have an active line running with MAAF. But it would help PN if you could be a bit more specific now as to WHY I can't have my order updated and activated. Surely you've only got to hit a SEND button on the email! Unless of course the issue is with MAAF refusing to close the line? In which case I'm still paying for it no doubt on a pro rata basis!
You've already taken my money (and tbf refunded me the difference). So surely there is no reason now why I can't have my new BB contract activated.

UPDATE:
OK just spoken to helpful PN advisor on Webchat - Definitely gave me far more support and better answers than the comment I received Friday. He's clarified a few things and it would appear it should now be within the week. Guess it's back to being patient for a few days >_<
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

PN I still haven't received an email about the closing of MAAF, when can I expect it please?
it's 5 weeks since the start of this thread there can't be that many customers it affects.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Mayfly , unfortunately their is no point in asking for any assistance in this thread,  as PN obviously choose not to respond,  almost seems like they "cherry pick"  who and what to reply to these days.
Everyone affected was meant to be getting letters, users i have spoken to have not .
Kind Regards who/
Mike  

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

This thread is on the cards for me to pick up today. I'm compiling all the questions, contacting one of the project managers, and then providing a response to them all. Hopefully this thread should be back on track this afternoon.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks for a response Matty , its appreciated ,  but a week ( from my first post asking for assistance , more post before mine)  to have any sort of reply from PN , is just very very poor.
Kind Regards
Mike

icklesal
Dabbler

OK well, as of today I'm officially a PN customer - but would just like to make it known, in case someone else has a similar issue, that if you're connecting to the PN270N to an iMac running 10.6.8 - it might not work and could well lock up your mac!
I actually tried the solution posted here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137695.0.html but unfortunately it didn't work for me. Had to resort to logging back onto the net with my old MAAF provided router, using the new PN password. However, ATM all seems to be working OK
I have however been offered this Justmail account from MAAF? What is it and do I pay for it - I actually told PN on webchat last week that I didn't want any email from MAAF once I changed over?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok firstly, it seems that some letters are still to be sent out. A batch are going out following 02/11/2015. Fully acknowledge that this is contradicting advice to the previous, so massive apologies on that front.
All customers should have received email notification provided that we have their up to date email addresses.
In terms of whether you are able to retain the webspace or not, the answer is no. If you wish to have webspace, you could set up a Business account; otherwise, it may be worth looking into getting webspace from a third party. I am really sorry if aybody has been advised otherwise at any point.
@Mayfly - I'll look into why you haven't received your email.
@icklesal - Does anything need further clarification? Or was it sorted on Friday? <--- You've posted since I wrote that. Do not worry about the Just Mail account if you don't want any mail service.
@rnewfie - Your case is slightly different, so I'll pop you a PM.
@Jonty - Was your issue resolved in the end?
Matty
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Mayfly and rnewfie should both be in receipt of PM's.