Did you mean: 

Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

@Mayfly
it sounds like you already have a Justmail account, if that's the case you don't need to do anything.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you Adam Smiley
colbrad
Grafter

Hi Adam,
I believe my situation appears similar to Mayfly.
Started out with Freenetname in the olden days where I set up a website hosted on my personal domain and used the email address.
When Freenetname was swallowed up by Madasafish I took broadband / phone service and eventually moved those services over to Plusnet a few years ago but left my personal domain / email at Madasafish on a Justmail account for which I now pay £1.69 per month.
Can you clarify if I need to do anything, ta.
Colin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
If you have a just mail account you don't need to do anything.
Only customers who have Madasafish accounts for broadband and/or phone who would like to retain their email address need to contact us.
Hope that clarifies things for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
colbrad
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Only customers who have Madasafish accounts for broadband and/or phone who would like to retain their email address need to contact us.
Hope that clarifies things for you.

Perfect, thanks for the clear info Smiley
robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Now I know that I can keep my Globalnet email account, how will I access my webmail after MAAF closes down?
At the moment I access it via the MAAF Home Page.
Will PlusNet provide a new link on the PlusNet  Members Page?    Huh
icklesal
Dabbler

Eek! My first PN Forum post!  Roll_eyes
I'm currently a MAAF customer and have been for quite a few years. Presently I have the Max Premier 50GB account Broadband Only acc.

I'm not personally concerned about the email/ or web domain side of the account, so have a few what do I need to do Q's

1: Do I still need to contact Plusnet? If yes, what details will I need to give you?
2: If no - does this mean my account will get automatically tranferred over to PN? Or will my broadband just get cut off?
3: If I do become decide to remain a PN customer, do I require a new router? Or can I continue using what I currently have? (Thomson Gateway Router)

The only one thing I would really like to take advantage of is PN's - Unlimited Broadband which appears to be drastically cheaper than I currently pay with MAAF - Therefore I assume this would need to be under a new 12 month contract?
Could this be arranged at the transfer stage, or will I need to start as a new account holder?

Hope that makes sense.
Icklesal  Smiley

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi icklesal
Welcome to the forum  Smiley Cheesy
1 Yes , you will need to give them your username  and two characters from your password , in order to access/discuss your account
2 If you do not contact them , yes your broadband will be cut off.
3 You should be able to use your existing router , although you may prefer a new one , which would be free on a 12 month contract .
You would be best ringing the number in the email to discuss what options/deals are available .
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi icklesal, welcome to the forums Smiley
I'll get straight to your questions.
Quote from: icklesal
1: Do I still need to contact Plusnet? If yes, what details will I need to give you?

We will be aiming to contact customers, though in truth it'd be better to contact our Customer Options team on 08000132632 or 03301239197 0800 731 7508 to see what they can offer you. Just your username is needed, though we will also ask you for a couple of characters from your password.
2: If no - does this mean my account will get automatically tranferred over to PN? Or will my broadband just get cut off?

We will send out as much communication as possible. Though it's likely that we'll be releasing any broadband services by December 15th.
3: If I do become decide to remain a PN customer, do I require a new router? Or can I continue using what I currently have? (Thomson Gateway Router)

In truth, the existing router should still be completely fine, as long as you're happy with it.
You wouldn't have to be put on a contract to take out Unlimited, however the 12 month contract would certainly offer you the best value for money (with Plusnet anyway).
Could this be arranged at the transfer stage, or will I need to start as a new account holder?

By this, are you asking about when we can look at packages for you? If so, this'd be best addressed when we end up in contact over the account change.
Let me know if anything needs further clarification.
Matty
EDIT: Gave you the wrong number there, sorry!
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: robski1
Now I know that I can keep my Globalnet email account, how will I access my webmail after MAAF closes down?
At the moment I access it via the MAAF Home Page.
Will PlusNet provide a new link on the PlusNet  Members Page?    Huh

That's actually a really good question. I presume we'll keep the domain open. I've asked the owner of the project, though it may have to wait until Monday.
Matty

Update on the above:
This URL will still work - https://webmail.madasafish.com/
You can also log in using the Plusnet website using the whole email address for the username.
AndyHamp
Grafter

Can a PN rep assist me ..
At home I have a PN account for Fibre+Phone on one line (business number) and a second "Home" landline with MAAF with AnyTime call package.
I spoke to a rep but an totally amazed my ONLY option is to convert the MAAF line to a PN Phone and BB package even though i already have PN Fibre BB .... can you really not do two phone lines + Fibre on one account ?
It's looking like my cheapest option is to go with a different provider who can do 2 lines + Fibre + Call package for significantly less than the > £70 pm you want to charge.
Can you confirm what i was told on the phone ?
Ta ... Andy
icklesal
Dabbler

We will be aiming to contact customers, though in truth it'd be better to contact our Customer Options team on 08000132632 or 03301239197 0800 731 7508 to see what they can offer you. Just your username is needed, though we will also ask you for a couple of characters from your password.

Thanks for the replies Matty C - straight to the point is always helpful. I'm also glad you mentioned about that password. Because, as noted when I checked, it's not what I thought it was! Huh

By this, are you asking about when we can look at packages for you? If so, this'd be best addressed when we end up in contact over the account change.

Yes that's exactly what I meant.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Andy,
I saw your comment in a different thread, sorry I never responded to it.
In honesty, I think with the way the residential packages were designed, they weren't really meant to suit multi-line properties.
MAAF phone only accounts were a workaround for customers that only wanted a phone line in the later days. As a member of staff, whilst I shouldn't direct you to a different provider, I have to be honest and say that I'm not sure we'll be able to provide you with the service you previously had. Really sorry for this.
Matty
Steve76
Dabbler

I have a question about the username and password that I'll need to give to confirm who I am. Is this the broadband username and password, the login and password to madasafish.com or something else as these are quite different values and I'm not sure about the broadband password. I'd need to go and dig that out of the router as I haven't needed to find it in a LONG while.

Steve
robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: MattyC
That's actually a really good question. I presume we'll keep the domain open. I've asked the owner of the project, though it may have to wait until Monday.
Matty

Update on the above:
This URL will still work - https://webmail.madasafish.com/
You can also log in using the Plusnet website using the whole email address for the username.

Thanks Matty
dick:green quote fixed.