Did you mean: 

Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

Quote from: MattyC
Ok firstly, it seems that some letters are still to be sent out. A batch are going out following 02/11/2015. Fully acknowledge that this is contradicting advice to the previous, so massive apologies on that front.

Why would there be a 6 week delay in sending letters of some thing this important? ,customer may have even shorter time-scale to react to the closer .
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jontysoper
Grafter

Hi,
If PN staff may focus more on this thread and the MAAF project in general then I'm very happy to offer some more feedback, in hope that those still to begin their change or who are mid-transfer can have an improved journey.  Due to other matters it was necessary to step back from this for a time but I was hoping certain aspects of my migration would have progressed... but nothing has.
When I first called PN I specifically discussed the migration of my ADSL, phone, domain, mailboxes and web-space, and was assured everything would be ported over.  To date, all I've had is a new set of ADSL account details.  I heard nothing about my phone service but I can see some calls on my account today so assume it's gone over (this is after I was put on the wrong call plan).
My domain still isn't listed on my account.  My email and dedicated mailboxes still operate as normal using my MAAF (or rather Freenetname) email settings.  And my web-space still being hosted 'somewhere'.  Has it or did it need to move..?  I have no idea.  In a letter I received 2 days after making the call it states, "We'll keep you updated by email and text".  A couple of emails about my 'new' ADSL service is not what I expected, plus my next bill... which doesn't honour the pay day I asked for.
I was asked what day/date I'd like my bill payment to hit my account.  The invoice period and payment date just seem to be a continuation.  In a service ticket I saw that my changeover date would be 7th October.  I received an email on 1st October telling me my new ADSL service was live.  I waited, and on 7th updated my router settings.  No emails or texts around that time to advise me or check if all was good.  But I have received an ADSL speed email showing me a stable speed of what is less than I actually have.  And to add, when I last checked the speed I now have is slightly less than what I had before even though I'm using the same PN infrastructure.
It may be pure coincidence but I'm also receiving more junk emails than before.  Normally getting one or two every few days, this volume has increased - and every day or two now.  That's just the reality and may not be related to the move/migration.
This move or migration has become soured and it seems that I have to be the driving force to ensure everything is going to remain as before.  As I've mentioned in a previous post, the 'migration' should have been seamless and with no end-user impact or worry.  But what has transpired is PN's use of 'migration' where it's suited them and 'new business/custom' for all other areas.
Was it necessary for me to sign up for an 18th month contract when I'm essentially already a PN customer just via MAAF..?  Yes, because I've just been treated as a new customer even though I was asked by PN to call a number to get my service ported/migrated over before PN closed it down.  I also do not recall the original email making it perfectly clear that I didn't have to continue with PN.  With hindsight I could have moved to any provider.
I'm grateful for the reduction in cost that the PN service brings me, but given my 'migration' is incomplete it doesn't stand for a lot at the moment.  Plus I'm still waiting for details on my MAAF refund and/or PN adjustment, if it exists (or ever did!)  But cost aside, this really is a shoddy project and I don't like how it's been handled at all.  Once I have more clarity on the outcome of my own service components I will be taking this up with Ofcom and the communications ombudsman.
Jonty.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately, as Matty has mentioned in a previous post, domains, webspace and mailboxes will not be transferred to Plusnet. We don't offer hosting for Plusnet residential accounts now.
Your domain, webspace and mailboxes can continue on a JustMail account with Madasafish., however this is at a cost of £1.69 per month.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Chris
Your domain, webspace and mailboxes can continue on a JustMail account with Madasafish.

But Madasafish is closing. That's why we are having to go through this exercise. Isn't it time it was described as a Plusnet product?
All the information that I have seen on the website refers to accessing JustMail via a browser.  Is it also meant to serve the likes of Outlook with POP3?
N.B. .org.uk domains can only be associated with Business Broadband accounts (or so I was belatedly informed by Plusnet support staff).
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: alanf
All the information that I have seen on the website refers to accessing JustMail via a browser.  Is it also meant to serve the likes of Outlook with POP3?

It had better, I don't see why not. It's working at the moment for my f-i-l's old account.
Quote from: alanf
N.B. .org.uk domains can only be associated with Business Broadband accounts (or so I was belatedly informed by Plusnet support staff).

What???? What's it got to do with them? I suggest you don't use Plusnet as a registrar.
jontysoper
Grafter

Hi MattyC and Chris,
Thanks for your work on this.  Although it seems to be challenging times for some (myself included), I personally appreciate the input and guidance you have to offer.
I'm not shooting the messengers but the elements of web-space, domain and mailboxes are prime examples of where PN has given customers mixed messages.  When I called up I was told that I would be able to have everything ported over, and that included my domain, web-space and mailboxes.  It was discussed that for the domain element it would be subject to a very small fee (negotiated).  For the web-space part, I had openly offered this would not be the end of the world if lost, but again assured it would ALL move over so no issue (and the deal 'sold').
There appears to be a huge disconnect here - with regard to what PN staff do or don't know and what some folk are told versus others.  This is very serious indeed.
I'm currently waiting for all my MAAF components to be ported over - because this is what I was told and sold.  The catalyst of this was being contacted by PN to be told the PN-owned MAAF was being closed down and I had to port over else lose everything I had.  And now, the latest I read is that I can keep my domain, web-space and mailboxes if I continue a service with MAAF..?!  Isn't MAAF being shut-down..?!
You surely see... this whole thing is a mess.  Different stories, different advice and different agreements being offered and sold.
Jonty.
dullrider

I just raised a ticket about my MAAF webspace, and then discovered this thread.
Like other correspondents, I too was told by the rep that I could keep my web space as part of my deal, and MAAF have confirmed that it can be transferred to another provider.
I will be very disappointed if PN decide to break their contract.
Also surprised to be told by MAAF that I now have a Justmail account, which I neither requested or agreed to. I consider my broadband direct debit mandate to have died with the broadband service, but I'm guessing MAAF don't see it that way.
icklesal
Dabbler

Warning about the Justmail account - if you really don't request it or want it - DON'T IGNORE IT - I got onto webchat with PN and was told it will cost me. The only way you can cancel it is via PN on the phone!
if you call 0800 013 2632 you can get a PN advisor to transfer you to MAAF and they will cancel it no problems.
I've saved myself £20!
So far my new BB has been fine. It's even slightly quicker and my other half is just glad for the unlimited service and can now watch his TV as and when he likes! So....I'm a happy bunny. Let's hope it will last
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: icklesal
if you call 0800 013 2632 you can get a PN advisor to transfer you to MAAF and they will cancel it no problems.
I've saved myself £20!

The agent should have been able to send an internal ticket to the right team to action this. Have fed this back as this was the incorrect process. Apologies for this.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
pint
Aspiring Pro

I know someone who is with totalise/mad as a fish.
He currently pays £14.99 for broadband, and £50 something for a landline with BT, including 'free' calls at the weekend and sometihng like £1.85 for 1571 with daytime local calls (it works out that  hes paying roughly £48 per month
From what i understand:
1: The @totalise.co.uk email account can be retained free of charge ( as its not madasafish)
2: Phone line rental is £16.99/month, ADSL ( not fibre) broadband would be free for 12 moths ( as current promotion ) then £9.99 there after ( in out of contract period)
3: anytime calls would be £6 per month.
4: 12 months minimum term
5: £22.99 per month for the first 12 months,  32.98 thereafter.
6: line rental saver would only save a mediocre £1.50 a month
Correct?Huh
alanf
Aspiring Pro

In my experience of a MAAF to PN migration customers are being treated as new or as existing customers according to what suits Plusnet.
The Migration line required a new contract but did not offer 12 months free so £9.99 from the start. (I suppose that they think that people to be paying less than with MAAF will think that a good price.)
As it turned out Business Broadband was required and the service offered above was not appropriate in any case. Business Broadband department on the other hand offered 6 months at half its usual price.
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: pint
1: The @totalise.co.uk email account can be retained free of charge ( as its not madasafish)

I thought that counted as a Madasafish Justmail account as well. Is webmail accessed through madasafish.com?
pint
Aspiring Pro

If a payment is required to keep the email address, and there's no special sign up offer, it will probably be better to pay for justmail, and go elsewhere. Despite the recent media/hacking he's seriously considering talk talk.
Thanks fur the info, will pass it on
KevinG
Rising Star

When I did my father-in-law's migration, they offered to deduct the £1.69 a month Justmail charge for 12 months.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

As above Migration line offered to waive the £1.69 Justmail charge. When required to go with Business Broadband this was not the case (but 6 months Business Broadband at half price amounted to a larger discount).