Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

Sorry Matty, made a bit of a mess inserting the quote.
Thanks again.
nclark777
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

HI I transferred the other day from Madasafish to PlusNet to use the same services (mail, phone and Broadband).
You sent me a new router but I would prefer just to keep using my current one. Is this a problem?
Neil
robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi Neil, I used my old MAAF router when I moved to PlusNet until it died of old age. All you have to do is change the login details.  Smiley
dick:quote
KevinG
Rising Star

Still nothing on the Madasafish home page about this, still apparently selling.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No they aren't and haven't been for some time - just try clicking on Sign Up Now
icklesal
Dabbler

Quote from: Steve76
I have a question about the username and password that I'll need to give to confirm who I am. Is this the broadband username and password, the login and password to madasafish.com or something else as these are quite different values and I'm not sure about the broadband password. I'd need to go and dig that out of the router as I haven't needed to find it in a LONG while.

Steve

I wondered the same Steve76 - hence why I had to check mine. Madasafish / Broadband and router are quite different on mine to - Still not contacted PN just yet so I'll be watching the reply with interest
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: Oldjim
No they aren't and haven't been for some time - just try clicking on Sign Up Now

Fair enough, if you actually get that far, but that is after they have tried to sell it to you on the web page!
Steve76
Dabbler

I haven't had the time to call yet @icklesal which is why I asked before I make the call. Like to be prepared for this as it seems the support lines are really undermanned. Judging by the call response times you really need to set at least an hour aside, probably more, to get in contact. Looking at the current stats on the phone lines: Average answer time today - 28 minutes and 58 seconds.
I don't think I've ever been on the phone that long to get support, and I've been on the phone to virgin media in the past  Wink
Surely someone must know what username/password they will expect?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It should be the first part of your email. E.g. USERNAME@madasafish.com.
Apologies for not responding to this thread earlier.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: Steve76
Average answer time today - 28 minutes and 58 seconds.

Does this apply to the specific 0800 number that they have given to Madasafish customers affected by the closure? If so, is there actually any point in using this number rather than the general support or Customer Options numbers?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It would probably quicker contacting our Customer Options team in honesty. Two minute queue at the moment (subject to change of course).
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Jane56

I was phoned by plusnet just now, absolutely disgusted they are charging us to keep maaf email address , money grabbing, we have not asked to be moved, they should make it as painless as possible!  But obviously this is not  the case.  Haven't decided what to do yet.  Also if plusnet phone you make sure they know you are not signing up for anything unless you do want to sign up!
They phoned me!!!  Did try previously to call but got queue message so hung up!  Let them call you!
cwaite
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Morning all!
@cwaite There is a charge to retain the email address but we will be able to consider this in relation to the subscription charges.

What does the customer need to do to arrange to keep her email and find out how much you are going to charge her
jontysoper
Grafter

Hi fellow/former MAAFiens,
I made the call today and just wanted to share my experience.  This is purely for the purpose of information sharing and I have to appreciate that the switch is work in progress and I may have to expect the unexpected until my entire service is ported over and tested.
I spoke with 'Anthony' today and told him I was a MAAF customer who'd been asked to call in to get my service transferred over.  With my 'cards on the table' mentality I expressed my concern about having all of my existing services ported over, where I was advised that the appropriate teams would each be engaged to make sure my existing services were all ported over.  I'm not able to quote Anthony but I was told that although PN owned MAAF they were in fact separate providers and this was a service switching exercise to pull my existing offering into PN itself.
The ADSL and telephony services were no-brainers so I placed emphasis on my existing domain, infinite email addresses and web-space.  Having began with FNN (Freenetname) years ago I stressed that I did not want to lose these aspects.  Whilst I was honest enough to offer that the loss of the web-space wasn't a deal-breaker, Anthony informed me (again) that my existing components would be ported over and the necessary teams engaged to do this.  During the final stages and the reading of the T's and C's, again I touched on the domain and email address parts and was told this would all move over.
I'm not pessimistic, rather realistic.  I was very grateful for Anthony's time today and was happy to take time to chew over the offerings and work at the porting together.  But taking nothing away from his work, I have no control over what I'll end up with until it's all transferred.  I raised the point of my domain and infinite email addresses multiple times because that MUST be ported.  At this time I've been told it all will.
As things progress I will be happy to share here.  Perhaps worrying times for some (inc. me) but we can only see - and share!
Jonty.
kbturner
Grafter

Like you  jontysoper  I'm an ex-Freenetname user with a domain name and web space which I wish to retain.  I moved from MAAF to PlusNet about a year ago, and was told the only option to retain the domain name and web space was to downgrade my MAAF account to JustMail, at a cost of £1.69 per month, so that's where I am now.
I have asked PN whether it is possible to integrate these functions into my PN account, and so far haven't received an answer - but I'm not optimistic.  So I'll be very interested to hear how you get on .