Did you mean: 

Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

@Dangermouse
We’re emailing and writing to all Madasafish and Metronet customers regarding this.  We finished sending these on the 14th so you should have had that now.  Letters are still on their way out now so you should get that over the next few days.
Let me know if you still haven’t received anything or have any questions and either way please contact our customer options team on 0800 731 7508 if you would like to transfer your services over to Plusnet and as you may have seen in the FAQ I posted you can continue with the same email address if you wish to.

@pint
Sorry for any confusion over the comms looked a little confusing on the tickets. I’ve checked and there are no issues with either of the accounts.
If you ask me the whole thing is confusing, the most confusing message received is the home phone order cancelled message,

I’ve passed on feedback, this shouldn’t happen to everyone affected, it’s due to how an agent did this.
@Jontysoper
So, for now this would explain why my domain isn't listed in my PN account

It never will be  any existing domains hosted on a MAAF will need to remain on a separate Justmail account if it needs to be retained.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dangermouse

Madasafish phoned me this morning with a revision to their plans.
The date of closure has been put back 'till 11th January '16.
I've got up to my billing date of 4th Feb '16 to migrate or choose another provider.
I shall wait to see if a better deal comes along in the meantime.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I shall wait to see if a better deal comes along in the meantime.

Keep a note of the details of any deals you're offered and do let our customer options guys know as there's a very good chance we can better them Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ChrisEM

January 2016? If anyone feels they still have plenty of time to convert to Plusnet, my advice would be to get started NOW, if my experience is anything to go by.
As a Plusnet customer of many, many years I was foolish enough to offer to help an ailing friend, living some distance away, to arrange a substitute to Madasafish and even more foolish to recommend Plusnet. All agreed on 5th November and payment taken. The terms were essentially those offered to ANY new Plusnet customer rather than a Madasafish customer of very long standing but were accepted. Thereafter, shambles. The promised date including BT engineer visit didn't happen. 40 minute wait on the helpline, then transferred and found myself at the back of the queue again. 90 minutes in all. New date. Then another. Yesterday morning I had three different dates in as many hours. A grand total of five so far. A second, newer hub promised. "You don't need an engineer for this one" New hub despatched. "You'll still need an engineer, of course". Other questions unanswered. Some information via text, some via email, some via My Questions, often conflicting. Long delays in the My Questions system. So, I don't have a firm date, I don't know if this involves a BT engineer, I don't know what will happen to the service between the moment of switching and the day I can get there to plug in the router. But then, it's early days, only three weeks since the deal was agreed.
The systems are, I am sure, excellent for 95% of things which go through smoothly.  But if they go wrong, oh, dear! No one individual takes ownership of the problem. No one responds to a request to look into it all and call me. My friend becomes more ill, his family more reliant on an internet connection, and I can't guarantee continuity of his broadband service.
The COO was promising an easy, without hassle transfer.....
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I suggest you post a ticket number from your friends account so that when someone from Plusnet reads this they can investigate.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ChrisEM

Thanks very much for the suggestion, spoon whittler. You never know!
Of one or two this is probably the best: #114707673.
Chris
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Sorry if I've missed this but does anyone know where you will be able to access the Just Mail server?
Will the same page still be available or will it via PN website?
KevinG
Rising Star

I have seen no suggestion that it will be anywhere other than webmail.madasafish.com. If it changes I'm sure we'll be told. This certainly still works for an account whose broadband has been migrated to Plusnet - the Madasfish Justmail and Plusnet accounts are completely separate.
gjp112n
Dabbler

Well I migrated from Freenetname through Madasafish to Plusnet, knowing what high customer satisfaction stats Plusnet had, and given they were all part of the same business, I looked forward to a seamless transition
Well, more fool me. When I spoke on the phone to someone about the transition I specifically raised the issue of my freenetname web domain and my need to retain the website and associated email addresses it was a case of ‘yep, we can do that easily, you don’t need do anything’
Then last week I realised they had billed me for both accounts for the last two months, so I raised a call and they said they would sort it. Which they did by closing the freenetname account and trashing the domain, leaving me without emails through the domain name, which is use as my primary address, at a time when I’ve just been made redundant and am using that email address for all my job applications
So I raised another call on Saturday with somebody who pretended to understand what I was telling them and told me it would all be sorted in an hour, and I believed him
Three hours later, emails working to the freenetname address (that I don’t use) but emails to the domain address still being bounced back and still no sign of the website
Raise another call later on Saturday, only to be told the original issue had been misunderstood and the domain related issues can’t be sorted until Monday
So I’ve been overcharged by at least £80, my website has been unavailable and I’ve been without my primary email address for three days, potential employers and recruitment agencies are getting bounceback messages and I’ve wasted time queuing for support
In the past, as a freenetname/madasafish customer, I've recommended Plusnet to potential users on the grounds that, as the parent company, you could expect even better service. How to turn a long standing, satisfied, customer into a loud, vocal, detractor of your business is not something Plusnet should be doing, but they are achieving it.
I did consider the possibility of this being exceptional, but looking at these forums I have real trouble in reconciling the number of unhappy customers here with the published stats – I certainly wont be recommending them to anybody in the foreseeable future
Angry
AndyHKB

I have a totalise email address which I have paid for to Madasafish for a justmail account for several years.    I don't have any other services with them.    I would like to retain the totalise.co.uk address.  My questions are...
1 Am I correct that I can transfer this service to PN and pay for a just mail account?
2 If yes, does this simply mean mail will continue to flow if I set up the right pop/smtp services on an email client on PC or mobile?
3 Will there be any webmail portal to log into as with Madasafish where I see a folder structure, or will that disappear?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@chrisEM
I've just checked and can see there's been a reply to 114707673 so that should be resolved.
@gjp112n
Really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had with us there. I'm happy to take ownership of any remaining issues that need to be dealt with so please feel free to PM me with the usernames for the accounts concerned.
@AndyHKB
If you already have youe email address based on a Justmail account you need do nothing. Only Madasafish customers who need to retain their broadband and/or phone service need to contact us to migrate services over to Plusnet.
Will there be any webmail portal to log into as with Madasafish where I see a folder structure, or will that disappear?

That will remain unchanged.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fender

Hi ,I just wondered if someone can tell me why I have been asked to pay £25 connection fee to move to PlusNet when MAAF closes down . Having been a loyal customer since Freenetname days it seems to be a very poor service to close MAAF , charge customers a fee to stay with PlusNet and pay more than I am currently paying . Cant accounts simply be migrated over ?
KevinG
Rising Star

You should not have to pay a connection fee - query it by phone, probably on the number originally specified on the email.
fender

It was the phone number I got asked for the connection fee as told it would be treated as a new customer
KevinG
Rising Star

I don't think anyone else has been charged a connection fee, query it again.