cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost webspace due to product upgrade.

rissbrook

Lost webspace due to product upgrade.

I was told that Plusnet, were upgrading my Homesurf package to Unlimited Package, because they were doing away with Homesurf.
Pleased to hear that it would be cheaper too.
Just realised that this does not come with any webspace, when on trying to access my website today (which is forwarded to this webspace),
I got a connection error!
Homesurf came with free webspace... apparently Unlimited doesn't.
Not happy - don't think I've got a copy of my files that I had on there either! (Only a personal site, and know I should have kept a backup, but
thought files were safe on Plusnet server)!
Will have to find free webspace site, but would have been nice to have been told of this in advance!!
Anyone else who had Homesurf and webspace be warned.  Angry
10 REPLIES 10
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Lost webspace due to product upgrade.

Changing packages from a legacy to a current has always kept the existing benefits like the web space etc, best to ticket it.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
rissbrook

Have sent in a ticket, but don't hold out much hope of getting Webspace for free,as in original package!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I've moved packages after PN did away with webspace but have never lost mine - you shouldn't lose yours either, as Gus said legacy benefits tend to stay with you.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mav
Fixes: 514

When I moved from legacy Premier 2 to the old Unlimited then on to the new Unlimited I kept my webspace each time even though both unlimiteds don't come with it as standard.
Quote your ticket number here and, hopefully, one of the DC Team will pick it up tomorrow for you.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rissbrook

My reference number is: 85213541
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hi there,
Really sorry that this happened. We've re-allocated 250Mb of webspace to your account however I'm sorry to say, your content can't be recovered. I've provided some more detail in reply to your support ticket.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I must admit I always specify that I will keep all my current freebies when I change package, like website/cgi/voip etc. That way they know you want to keep it and it is in the ticket system if they do loose it.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

You might be able to recover your content via one of the web look-back services.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rissbrook

Seems files are lost.
Thanks for giving me back my webspace plus extra allocation.
My own fault for not saving a backup of files!!
Ticket now closed.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: rissbrook
My own fault for not saving a backup of files!!

How did you create the site?  Do you not still have the contents in your development environment?
Try putting your web address in here - http://archive.org/web/ - the way back machine.  If it is there, it might not render perfectly, but there might be enough to help you resurrect your side.  I just looked up material I published back in 2008.  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.