cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Broadband Service and Lack of Support

royanden

Loss of Broadband Service and Lack of Support

I have been with Plusnet since 2008. Over this time I have had a truly excellent service and the rare times there has been a fault or loss of service, Plusnet has resolved it effectively and efficiently.
However, my experience on this latest occasion to need support is completely different.
I lost me Broadband Connection on the 16th March. I have made numerous calls to try and get it re-established and all has been to no avail.
Initial confusion over how the fault occurred, ie, was it my own equipment causing intermittent connections was reviewed and found not to be the cause. A BT Engineer contacted me and stated the fault lies at the Exchange?
Having always updated Plusnet promptly, informed them of feed back from Engineers, there has still been no real resolution and my loss of service now stands at 13 days. This is way above the stated time on the Plusnet site of resolving such loss of service in 7 days ?
There seems to be no one taking responsiblity and control of the issue and ensuring that something positive is done.
It is worrying when you read people stating that Plusnet are a part of BT and have become 'influenced' by BT's lack of customer support?
Plusnet has the awards for customer care and should ensure it is not tarnished through BT's influence
Do BT look after thier customers..... Well, probably not as an elderly near neighbour, who also lost her broadband service at the same time and same date has also been without her service for the same period.
She is with BT Broadband. There must be some issue that can link these and lead to the service being restored?
Surely though Plusnet CANNOT allow BT to tarnish their own reputation and customer service. Surely there is something Plusnet can do. At the very least they could update customers without leaving the customer themselves in limbo, which is how I feel.
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Loss of Broadband Service and Lack of Support

royanden,
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been encountering here. I've read through the notes relating with this and can state with confidence that your case is in the right hands now. It's going to be dealt with by the most experienced and capable members of our faults team.
I won't rest on my laurels though, I will continue to keep an eye on this and prod the relevant people at this end where needed.
It's clear that the next step is to review the notes from the last engineer visit in detail and if there is a fault at the exchange to get that dealt with quickly.
I'm sorry if things have been slow so  far I've put a firecracker under this one so I'll keep you posted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
royanden

Adam,
Thanks for the support here, after 14 days it is very frustrating. Just for your information and to let you know what is happening from my knowledge, my near neighbour with the same issue,she is a customer of BT Broadband, is having a BT Engineer attend her address this morning 29/3/11. ( Last time they were attending my address as well as we have the same problem but not on this occasion.) I do not know what the purpose is but hope that if they are carrying out remedial work they do not forget about my connection!! I don't know if it's neccessary for you to remind them but I'll see if any progress is made today.
Thanks
Roy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Roy,
No problem, I've just checked the notes relating to this and BT have identified the issue as a common fault, or in other words one that is affecting you and your neighbours.
BT suspect a faulty line card is the cause of the issue and engineers are working on this at the moment, so I'll make sure we keep you posted today and I hope this gets resolved soon.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
royanden

Hi Adam,
I have just spoken to the BT Engineer who attended my neighbour, who is the BT Customer. She has now had her Broadband Service restored. I informed him I still have the Red Internet light connection showing and that my own Broadband is still not live.
He stated that as I am with Plusnet, he cannot come round to assist. He stated that the fault at the exchange has now been repaired, hence my neighbour having service.
He said that Plusnet may have to reset some systems to allow me to have access through Broadband back into the system. He went onto to say that as all my lights are showing green with the exception of the internet, my line to the exchange is working but I will not be allowed back onto the Internet until Plusnet resets my access ?Huh
Can you help please
Thanks
Roy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Roy,
I suspect you were connected to a different line card than your neighbour, hence why your access hasn't been restored - unfortunately we'll need to book a different visit for yourself to get this sorted. I'll give your ticket a nudge in the right direction.
royanden

Hi,
I replied last night to the text where BT wished to send another Engineer. Do we know yet whether BT have responded with a time that they will visit. I know they have been getting their own customers on line as the Engineer who visited my neighbour told me that they got most of their other customers back on line three days ago now. If you can chase them up it would be great.
Thanks
Roy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Roy,
I've just made the booking for you for tomorrow morning, please check the ticket for any fine details.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
royanden

Hi Adam,
Well thanks for organising the Engineer who attended first thing this morning and I AM BACK WITH PLUSNET BROADBAND Cheesy
Just so you know, it would appear about 400 or so house's went offline with a Rack Fault at the Exchange ?
Anyway, the Exchange fault has been fully cleared and I had to recheck and redo my router settings which actually had to be different from the early advise from one of your colleagues who I spoke to at the very beginning of this loss. Shocked
The Engineer did state that the revised settings would not have worked with the original fault so you would not have known either way until that was cleared.
What I can say however is this tale of two halves, the first time I reiterate I have struggled with support.  Cry
The second half where you personally and your team became involved, which speaks volumes really on what you do.  Grin
Loss of service on the 16/3. No real progress unitl you become involved on the 28/3 and then back on line with Broadband intact 31/3
It is outstanding customer support from you and having looked at other posts, it is clear that you do preserve the Plusnet Brand.
As for the first half, well I'm off to a small dark room to lie down to recover.....  Crazy
Thanks again
Roy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Roy,
That is good to hear Smiley and no problem.
What I can say however is this tale of two halves, the first time I reiterate I have struggled with support

I certainly won't be resting on my laurels as I'll pick over your account and do a bit of a post-mortem to see where we could have done better.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team