cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live date 27th, still no internet

protonbyte1
Dabbler

Live date 27th, still no internet

Our internet was meant to go live on the 27th, we waited all evening until 12 midnight on the 28th, but all we got was a flashing orange light.

We contacted you guys the next morning of the 28th and was told it hadn’t been activated for some reason but assured us it would be live within 15 mins.

An hour later we still had no internet so we called up again and after some testing we were told that we would need an engineer to come out which would be within 72 hours which to be honest is absolutely ridiculous, isn’t a time slot supposed to be set for an engineer? What if we are at work?Huh

Anyway we were told 72 hours and to keep track of this via support ticket.... I’ve just looked at the ticket and no where is it mentioned of an engineer, only that our issue has be escalated?? Seriously we have waited 3 weeks for internet and now having to wait even longer, we are not impressed can anyone tell us exactly what’s going on, when exactly an engineer is coming out, or when our internet will be sorted?
17 REPLIES 17
protonbyte1
Dabbler

Re: Live date 27th, still no internet

Wow it gets better... I just spoke to technical support on the phone to be told that BEFORE an engineer can even be sent out, we have to wait for the fault team to review everything we went through yesterday, and that it will take 3-5 working days!! so basically I’ve not even had internet yet and already have another week+ to wait before I get it... I’m sorry but that is abysmal customer service, I’m actually gobsmacked 😶
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @protonbyte1 and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues upon the order completing and the start of your service isn't going as smoothly as both you and we would have wished. By all means we are happy to progress the fault via this support channel in any and every way we can until we get your issue resolved. Looking into the connection from this side we can see the connection is reaching the router fine however the authentication of the router doesn't look to be happening automatically as we'd expect.

I'd advise then if you follow the steps below in manually logging into the router and entering your details to authenticate the connection we may be able to get you online soon after.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254
(Using Internet explorer or Microsoft Edge usually works best in bringing up the router pages.)

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: username@plusdsl.net
Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

Let us know how it goes and if the router still isn't authenticating or you've already tried these steps then we'll happily pass this along to our suppliers to further investigate who may likely advise a engineer is needed to come out and investigate further. We look forwards to your response.

protonbyte1
Dabbler

Hi thanks for the reply. That’s exactly what the tech guy told me to do, but I’ve gone ahead and retried but it just says can’t connect to the internet. I’ve reset after doing this and checked the user/pass were saved and they were, however it has not fixed the issue, the orange light stil flashes and no internet connection 😕
protonbyte1
Dabbler

Just as another note, we have a second plusnet router, exactly the same model, I’ve just tried the same procedure on that one, but the same problem persists.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @protonbyte1, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We're still not detecting an issue with the line and so we've raised the issue to BT Wholesale, who we work with to provide broadband services, for their investigation.

At the moment we suspect that we may well need to arrange for an engineer to attend and so to pre-empt that I've sent you a ticket accessible here.

Please let us know if you respond to the ticket so that we can pick it up for you ASAP.

protonbyte1
Dabbler

Hi I have replied to the ticket if you could have a look please. Thanks
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @protonbyte1,

Thank you for replying on the ticket and for letting us know on here. I've replied to you via the ticket now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
protonbyte1
Dabbler

Thanks, I’ve replied to your question
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks.

I've picked this up and booked the appointment in for 04/12/2018 between 1pm and 6pm.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
protonbyte1
Dabbler

Thank you.
protonbyte1
Dabbler

Ok now something strange has happened... me and my partner were watching tv, the router is just below the tv, it has been orange all weekend however it went blue all of a sudden... I’ve log into the router and it seemed to be connected without any intervention from us, but still no internet access but something else has changed, while connected if we attempt to reach any web page we are redirected to 62.6.38.125 which is a BTWholesale page as shown here. So we are a little confused as we’ve not touched the router since our last post. Any ideas?

Check image below
protonbyte1
Dabbler

Just spoke to a technician who said it’s an authentication fault so an engineer will still have to check it out so disregard my last post.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries.

Fingers crossed the engineer tomorrow can fix it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
protonbyte1
Dabbler

Right the technician has fixed the issue, the issue was plusnet's fault. The broadband was connected on the previous line at this address, hence the authentication error... he corrected the issue. We would like some kind of compensation, we waited a month to go live because our old account was cancelled by accident (another fault on your part), then we had to wait an extra week because of this latest issue, and I had to take a day off work so that's cost me a day's wage through absolutely no fault of ours.