cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat IS CLOSED - advance notice for general chat.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Live Chat IS CLOSED - advance notice for general chat.

Live Chat, is CLOSED...

a notice to the effect will appear sometime next week, on the Live Chat access page.

There is a thread on Plusnet Feedback... 

However... I feel that more people will read this posting on General Chat, and know in advance, not to sit in front of their screens waiting and waiting and waiting... due to the "untruth" statements now showing on there saying "we are a little busy"  etc.... No they ain`t .... the system is closed.

I have been informed officially on the thread on Plusnet Feedback,  that it WILL be CLOSED next week .

11 REPLIES 11
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Live Chat IS CLOSED - advance notice for general chat.

Are the staff being replaced by talking robots? 😨

Like Kryten when he tried to be helpful by fixing the toaster only to discover that it's the most annoying machine in the universe!

"Your call is important to us" instead of "Does anyone want any toast"

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
shutter
Community Veteran

No..... appparently, there were no "live chat" staff....  Live chat was dealt with by the relevant department to which you were connected...

However... those talking robots may well come in handy, because the already overloaded phone system.... that still does not have a queueing system I mentioned in a previous thread.. Started over 10 years ago..

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Suggestion-employ-more-staff-to-answer-tickets-and-ph...

will  be even more overloaded and more and more customers will be complaining of the long waiting time....

"We`ll do you proud ....... "     GrinFunny Grin

no chance ...AngryAngryAngry

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

So no live chat AND no ticket system....

In another section of the forum one member was complaining that his monthly DD for Broadband was being taken from his LRS paid in advance.

The same happened to me over 14 months ago and whilst accepting I did not lose any money the question has to be asked what the (*******) is going on at PN ?

Is anyone in charge ? The service seems to get less, costs more and problems ie: billing issues not addressed long term.

Is this any way to run a business ?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Well if it does go all auto robotic in Sheffield then we can truly say 'the lights,are on, but nobody is at home'.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@gleneagles 

Re the question of the ticketing system, there is another thread on here calling for its reinstatement as a means of communication as Live Chat is to be abolished. 

Re the LRS issue, it also happened to me in November 2018 and took 3 months to resolve but appanetly not permanently as it happened again in November 2019 and is still ongoing (so taking longer to sort this time), despite ongoing monitoring of the relevant ticket by a Customer Services staff member who has taken ownership.

Yes, the service is not improving, to say the least. Never mind who is running the business, is anyone at home apart from the Customer Service staff we see on here?

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

I bet some staff at PN could write a book......but I doubt it's one we will ever see in print !

We are born into history and history is born into us.
merlin
Dabbler

What the heck is going on at PN?  I see Advance Line Rental issues mentioned in earlier posts.  I have had this problem which I thought was resolved via a fix after a 50 minute online chat last October.  Just had my latest bill only to see my BB charge has not been decreased as agreed in the afore mentioned online chat wih [CSA Removed].  Ok, so I try to start another online chat only to find no one online. Now I see that the system has been scrapped along with the ticket system.

Looks like I have to phone and be kept waiting for however many hours.  This is just not good enough.  PN used to have a good reputation for customer service now it seems to be headed to the rock bottom!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.
shutter
Community Veteran

@gleneagles  There is an alternative to Live Chat.... it is a BT app... that you have to download... it is called NGT...

Unfortunately, it does not work... ( although it is supposed to) .. wih Linux (MINT 19.1) 

probably due to it not being updated to the current Linux standards...

so... Plusnet staff will say... there is this (NGT) that you can use instead of Live Chat... BUT>.. 

No I can`t... as it don`t work on my computer... 

A bit like saying to someone who is disabled... has an electric scooter.... they take out the "proper" batteries.. and say.. you can use Duracell AA instead... 

Live chat was connected direct from customer to customer help person.... the NGT system is different, in that it has an "intemediary" who reads your text message to the customer help person.... he/she listens to the customer help person...and then types back a reply....

check out the "simple" way to download.... set up the app, ... and use it...  ( not easy for old guys  ( and gals) who are not computer savvy...)

Not only .... have Plusnet given "Live Chat" an abortion... yes... abortion... as they have killed it off....

the alternative is NOT FREE to use... as LIVE CHAT was..

You WILL BE CHARGED the same as a PHONE CALL... which means... a 15 minute chat session on Live Chat was FREE...but will be charged as a 15 minute phone call...

On the Help page.. it states.....

We know that text relay calls can take longer than a normal voice call, so we make adjustments to your call charges to make sure that you aren't out of pocket.

But I bet any "adjustment" to the call charges for  calls made are not completely FREE ....as LIVE CHAT was.... so the customers WILL BE OUT OF POCKET.....

This is another shabby underhand way of assisting disabled customers...   and PLUSNET SHOULD BE ASHAMED of the MANAGEMENT that has brought about this state of affairs...

JonoH said....

Hopefully this should make it easier for customers to make a choice about how they'd like to contact us from our available channels.

Not really.... how is it "easier to make a choice", about how t to contact you,  when the choices are taken away..  or so difficult to get set up... and then they don`t work....

Choice 1..... use a phone   _   erm   I am deaf/hard of hearing/speech impaired.

Choice 2... try a text service....  erm... I am old and don`t understand how to get these things set up.. or working..

Choice 3....   cancel Plusnet service and find another one..... with PROPER customer service...

YAY>.. even Talk Talk is looking good now....

THIS is moving on?    this is an "improvement" ?  this is a replacement for Liive Chat  ? ? ?  

erm..... don`t think so....   ( anyone else agree )

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@merlin 

One of the ways of contacting Pusnet according to one of the Plusnet Customer services staff said somewhere on these forums recently (amid the various threads re the abolition of the Live Chat service and the requests to reinstate the ticketing system, if I recall correctly) is for you to try opening a new thread on the forum regarding your LRS issue and this should be picked up by a staffer.

Presumably this gives greater visibility than your post here does!?Huh

Alternatively you could PM a staff member currently on line. That appears to be @Gandalf at prersent.

merlin
Dabbler

Thanks for that, I've PMd him

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from General Chat then locked in favour of existing thread.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still