cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed capped and rubbish telephone helpline service

markpeyton

Line speed capped and rubbish telephone helpline service

After a frustrating wait for my broadband to be connected I was hoping that my experience of plusnet would improve, after a few days of deteriorating connection speeds I was e mailed yesterday informing me my connection speed was 0.25 Mb not the 1.5-2.5Mb estimated. I live in a rural area so can handle the slow estimated speeds but not 0.25 Mb its not 1995.
After a call yesterday morning I was informed nothing was wrong with the line and it should work at 2Mb, after explaining for a third time the slow connection speed I was put on hold and a supervisor spoken to. Turns out my connection was being capped for some reason and I was informed it would be back to normal by the time I got home from work.
It is still broken and I have tried ringing you 'helpful' call centre 4 times each time waiting on hold for 15 mins before being automatically disconnected.
This is a disgraceful way for a company that 'prides itself on customer service' to treat its customers. So come on plusnet 'do me proud' answer the phone and fix my broadband.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line speed capped and rubbish telephone helpline service

if you would like help from the posters here can you please post the information requested http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
markpeyton

Thanks for the link but thats all like a foreign language to me, I can do a speed test which says 0.25 download speed and I have the basic plusnet router. I feel a bit annoyed though that plusnet want me to diagnose the problem for me while Im kept on hold, thats what I pay them to do.
Will someone explain why I automatically disconnected from hold after 15 minutes when there is an announcement at the start saying call waiting times are at least 15 minutes, how does that make any sense.
Im so angry with plusnet, you get the 'we have local call centre and give great customer service' bull**** when you sign up, every experience I have had so far has been awful.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Have you done the BT Diagnostic speed test at http://speedtester.bt.com/
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
I'm really sorry to hear that you've had problem both getting in touch and getting the issue resolved.
Can you please let us know what you see when you access this page?
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
I'm just looking for this kind of information:

Telephone number:
0114*******
Phone exchange:
SHEFFIELD
Estimated line speed:
6Mb (This may vary between 5Mb and 8Mb) - Checked on 2012-11-12 20:13:52
Current line speed: