cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line activation date changes on the proposed date of activation!

Graculus

Line activation date changes on the proposed date of activation!

I signed up to plusnet fibre unlimited on 30th Dec 2012 and gave 3 preferred dates for installation, one of which was the 10th Jan. Gave my MAC on or around the 3rd of Jan and received a text saying my broadband would become active on the 11th Jan. I then get another text saying the FTTC engineer would call on the 10th Jan, which was fine, only a day or so without internet. Or so I thought! OK so now the BTOR engineer has been and gone, I phoned plusnet to confirm my line will be activated on the 11th and was assured this would be the case.
Today (11th, the date of "activation")) I get a text saying my line will be activated on the 25th! So that leaves me 2 weeks without broadband. I'm currently waiting for someone from plusnet to get back to me as to why this has happened and what they propose to do about it. Needless to say I am very annoyed and I was expecting better service from plusnet. I know this is in all probability BTOR's fault, but my contract is with plusnet and I expect them to sort it out.. If the activation date was not going to be the 11th they should have told me and delayed the FTTC engineer. I now have the prospect of an irate wife and daughter to contend with!
15 REPLIES 15
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Line activation date changes on the proposed date of activation!

I get a text saying my line will be activated on the 25th!

Are you moving your phone to PlusNet as well ? that could refer to the date of the phone transfer. IIRC the preference is to move the BB and then initiate the phone transfer.
OK so now the BTOR engineer has been and gone,

If the OR engineer has installed the modem and connected you to Fibee at the cabinet then it sounds like it ought to be a matter of PlusNet just activating your account. I'm sure one of the Digital Care team will be along shortly to sort it out...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Graculus

Yes I'm moving my phone too, but this isn't supposed to go live until the 24th Jan. I've had separate texts informing me of the progress of my phone order. It maybe naive of me to assume that my broadband could be switched so far in advance of the phone order, but if not then somebody should have told me and I wouldn't have proceeded with the FTTC install.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It maybe naive of me to assume that my broadband could be switched so far in advance of the phone order,

AFAIK that's the normal procedure. It seems it can take a couple of weeks to transfer the phone, goodness knows why !!
Did BTOR install and connect the Fibre modem when they came ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Two weeks for a phone transfer is a regulatory requirement.
It's to give the losing ISP a chance to reject the transfer if the customer did not request it in the first place.
Graculus

That's good to know. I've just had someone from Plusnet leave me a message to tell me the BT engineer apparently couldn't get access to the green cabinet on the 10th, so will now come out to it again on the 16th. Very strange since he made a couple of trips out to the cabinet while he was with me and made no mention of some vehicle being parked in the way.....He seemed confused that the DSL light wasn't lit and said it was probably plusnet who hadn't activated the line - which I believed since it wan't supposed to be active till today. I'm still not happy.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Sounds like the OR engineer didn't know what he was doing. Activating the line ( al least as far as DSL synch is concerned ) is nothing to do with PlusNet. It's all down to OR.

Graculus

Odd that the plusnet support guy I rang last night didn't say that though and confirmed all was OK to start today despite the DSL light being out on my modem. I suppose it shows my ignorance too if that was the case.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

He wouldn't have had the information about the DSL light, unless you told him? He would have been unaware of any problem with the installation since the BT OR engineers notes probably hadn't been received at that time.

Graculus

I rang to check it was OK, so yes I told him.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In that case he really ought to have twigged that there was a problem.
As an aside was it a 'real' BT OR man or a contractor ? There's been at least one post on here before where the engineer apparently didn't have a key for the green cabinet Roll_eyes

Graculus

He was from Kellys, so a contractor. Not exactly a good start to my relationship with Plusnet, but I guess they can't really be held responsible for BT's actions. It was an elaborate "hoax" if he really couldn't get in the cabinet since he made a few trips out to it! Probably went for a brew and a cig! Angry
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That's the basic problem, it seems no-one can be held responsible for BT's actions, not even BT Sad
No-one has the ability to put pressure on them to sort out their mistakes quickly. There is no SLA and whilst BT have the monopoly on the last mile
there never will be since no-one has ability to go to another supplier.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Really sorry about the delay, hope everything goes smoothly on the 16th - please do let us know.
Graculus

Update 16th jan. still no broadband, line activation or in fact any sort of visit from a btor engineer. He rang to say he couldnt make it, but that really isnt good enough. However, he eventually rang again to say someone would be round in the morning. This was after i'd rung plusnet to try to get it sorted, hopefully they will turn up tomorrow. In the meantime i have received an email (over 3g) saying i've cancelled my phone order, which i most definitely have not! What is going on plusnet? I'm rapidly losing faith in you!