cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Renewal - I am not a happy Bunny

rabbit02

Line Rental Renewal - I am not a happy Bunny

In July I received an Email from PLUSNET which read
"On 23rd September 2014 we are making some changes to our home phone pricing and call charges. The cost of our monthly line rental is increasing to £15.95 a month. Our monthly line rental packages with inclusive calls still deliver great value, they're better value than TalkTalk1 , and we continue to lead the market on customer satisfaction. 2
If you currently pay for 12 months line rental in advance, we'll send you a reminder before your Line Rental Saver expires, with details on how to renew. The renewal charge after 23rd September 2014 will be £155.88, equivalent to £12.99 a month, this equates to a saving of £35.52 a year".
My Compaint
Plusnet never did send me any details on how to renew my annual line rental and I have automatically gone on to paying monthly.
I am therefore financially out of pocket because PLUSNET has not done what it said it would do
I have today renewed by phone my annual line rental but they will not refund the months payment and align my one year rental with the previous one.
Even though PLUSNET has failed on their promise to inform me as to when and how to renew my anuual line rental they are not prepaired to put it right.
As a matter of principle, I am therefore loosing a couple of quid due to a PLUSNET failure and I think this is morally wrong.
13 REPLIES 13
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Line Rental Renewal - I am not a happy Bunny

Hi rabbit02,
I'm sorry you didn't receive the email reminder that your LRS was due to expire. I've processed the refund for the difference and fed back on this as the advisor should've been able to do this for you. I'm sorry this wasn't resolved for you during your call to our support team. Please allow 3-5 working days for the refund to be processed by your bank.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I didn't receive an email either (does anyone?) but I've done it online anyway.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You should receive an email 3 months prior to your LRS expiring, Strat. I'll take a look over your account and add it to the Problem if you've not received one either Sad
EDIT: the email should be sent 2 months prior to expiry. Thanks Jim!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I didn't either
The previous rule was a reminder at 2 months and 1 month I believe
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmmmm....leave that with me, it may be at 2 months that the email is sent but you can renew LRS 3 months from expiration...
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've raised a Problem on this with reference 83082 as all 3 of you should've received the reminder emails. I've added your accounts to the Problem as examples.
Thanks for flagging it to us.
chrcoluk
Grafter

I also received no email and in addition plusnet were rude on the phone when I asked about renewing at least year's price.
Apparently its my fault that plusnet have a max time of 3 months before expiry of renewing and I missed my massive one day window to renew at the old price (remember I didnt get he email).
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As others have commented, it would be nice if the renewal date of early payers gave a true expiry date but I realise the development time is not available. Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@chrcoluk - I'm really sorry to hear this. I'll make sure that it gets fed back as accordingly.
@Strat and others - This would definitely be the most sensible option to resolve the issue, and a good idea. As you know it is subject to dev time, but I'll feed back anyway
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I do hope Plusnet will remain me of my LRS one month before expired (knowing it won't be until July 2015 when my LRS is finished) But I already set alarm watcher on my mobile to remind me one month before LRS expired.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@ Linn or Matty C
Guys I haven't received an email 3 month prior to current LRS expiry.  Sad  I hope I do get the promised email 1 month before current LRS expiry.  Wink
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi Chandu
I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your email reminder in regards to the LRS renewal
Linn raised this as a problem this week, and this will hopefully be resolved soon.
In regards to your LRS however, I can confirm that this expires on the 24-12-2014
Regards
Matt
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Cruise85
Hi Chandu
Linn raised this as a problem this week, and this will hopefully be resolved soon.

Lets hope it is resolved quickly.
Quote from: Cruise85

In regards to your LRS however, I can confirm that this expires on the 24-12-2014

Thanks for the reminder, I already knew the expiry date.
Many regards,
Chandu.