Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left PN for AAISP

WebDude
Grafter

Re: Left PN for AAISP

Quote from: jelv
Did you factor in the special night owl rate?
Also: AAISP count download only, PN count upload as well

Knew they only count downloaded data, but did not know about the night owl rate - thanks for the info.
(Unmetered upload ideal for a radio station wanting to feed audio stream and webcam output to the internet...)

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
the idea for carrying over bandwidth is a great one, I shall start flying the flag at this side about that.

Thanks Adam - I just hope you don't find that colleagues shoot the idea down in flames.  Not sure if others (when there was the initial discussion about 5 quid for 5 GB being discussed) secretly wanted to acknowledge the 'fairness' aspect of carry over but weren't allowed to, or just that the company line had to be strongly reinforced that it was the way forward and nothing would take SS Plusnet off course from it, but the reaction previously was one of 'sorry, not an option' (from memory, I've not gone wading through old threads about it).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks Adam - I just hope you don't find that colleagues shoot the idea down in flames.  Not sure if others (when there was the initial discussion about 5 quid for 5 GB being discussed) secretly wanted to acknowledge the 'fairness' aspect of carry over but weren't allowed to, or just that the company line had to be strongly reinforced that it was the way forward and nothing would take SS Plusnet off course from it, but the reaction previously was one of 'sorry, not an option' (from memory, I've not gone wading through old threads about it).

If I believe in something strongly I can be very tenacious so I won't give up easily Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lurker
Grafter

I believe the issue preventing this was a system one, rather than a desire to be unfair. At the time I think PN had bigger projects to sort, which were more deserving of development time (from a business POV)
The question is whether there is sufficient headroom to complete such works now?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I can't go into specifics but bigger projects will generally prove to be an obstacle. I'm not expecting anything to happen over night here as the next job would be for me to prove to the business that there is a demand for this and also what positive impact implementing something like this would have.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team