cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of customer service

Rustyme
Dabbler

Lack of customer service

I reported my phone was dead on Friday Aug 8th and despite updating my complaint several times explaining I have not had so much as a response explaining it was being dealt with.
My phone has been out for 3 days now and I've heard nothing.
I tried an old phone that needs batteries but that didn't work either. Naturally I don't want to shell out on a new phone as well just to find it is a problem with my line.
Why have I heard absolutely nothing on this, ref  89758005
I find this lack of customer service completely unacceptable.
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Disgusting lack of customer service

Every time you update it - it goes to the back of the queue
Rustyme
Dabbler

Re: Disgusting lack of customer service

Thank you for the info.
So it can take more than 24 hours before issues are even read because I have left it more than 24 hours before naturally updating again today wondering why it hasn't been looked at.
Why does the initial complaint/issue/report  go to the back of queue when updated? That doesn't seem like sensible policy and seems easily corrected.
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Lack of customer service

I believe that system is very simple - the queue is sorted by the last update by the customer so that those customers who have waited longest have priority.
This works fine when the sequence is customer raises ticket, Plusnet answer, customer responds but falls apart when the customer keeps adding updates
Rustyme
Dabbler

Indeed, simple certainly describes it.
I appreciate your response and that this is not your fault but;
If an original complaint has not been responded to then how does it make sense to have a system that puts it to the back of queue when additional information is provided?
If it held its place then both the complaint and update could be read together and taken in the correct context.
If a complaint has been responded to then one might reasonably expect an update (response) to start at the back of the queue once more.
All that is required is for the system to flag tickets once they have been responded to, unflagged complaints should maintain their place in the queue.
Because of  this asinine system a customer is left livid because they have been waiting 3 days for a issue to be responded to - even for confirmation it has been received and this still does not account for it taking 24h+??h for a response to a ticket raised. I cannot be the only customer to fall foul of this system and be irritated by it.
I have been extremely happy with Plusnet other than some original teething troubles with my account but this is ridiculous.
jim:quote
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi,
The touch-a-ticket move to the back of the queue syndrome is most frustrating, has been around for a long time and is a function of the highly customised implementation (bolted into the CRM system) ticket management system.  I suspect that it is the close integration which makes replacement or alteration of the existing system difficult.  There are also arguments that if the average ticket queue lengths can be addressed, the queues would be very much shorter and this move to the back of the queue syndrome would not have the impact it has at present.
I would recommend not touching your ticket whilst it has the status "with support" and reply ASAP when it is "with the customer".
This has been an issue under review for a long time - one hopes that the new Customer Relations Team manager (Jess) will be able to get some traction on the issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add some expectation of current ticket response times -
I've had a support ticket open for a while now,  and the typical delay from me sending further information until the time that the ticket is picked up and read,  is pretty much three days (give or take an couple of hours) each time.
Crazy
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

With things as they are at the moment you should avoid using the ticketing system for any problem that is urgent.
Rustyme
Dabbler

Thank you all, now 4 days without a phone and no response to my ticket, an absolute disgrace.
I have worked in web development and with database driven systems myself and I really do not see the solution to the "back of the queue" problem as difficult to implement but one has to ask why such a poor system would be implemented in the first instance.
Regardless of the poor system it is still unacceptable to have response times stretching into days and not hours.
The broadband support team have always been reasonably responsive yet the phone support is non existent.
This is more than just an annoying inconvenience now.
muymalestado
Grafter

Thanks for the alert to NOT add messages to a ticket; even if further information has become relevant.
As Rusty says database driven systems should be easily able to calculate elapsed time since last PN response.  Simply pushing a customer backward would never work in reality - in a shop, with real live paying customers.
If as RR suggests we should avoid using the ticket system how should we interact with this supplier when a problem arises?  Wait 60 minutes on the phone?
As others, I have been quite satisfied with PN and rate the service highly on Thinkbroadband.  But now ......?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Rustyme,
Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting to your fault, I have now picked this up for you as a matter of urgency and escalated it through the fault testing stages and logged it for repair. I have updated the support ticket on your account with full details so you can follow the progress on the ticket.
Rustyme
Dabbler

Thank you Adam, I have updated in the phone section of forum as appropriate.
It will be enough for me to just have my phone back up in good time but could you please alert management to the CS issues people are experiencing, particullary with the ticket system as outlined here.
dick:quote