cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just moved to Plusnet and I'm sorry that I did so - Beware!

IanLogan

Just moved to Plusnet and I'm sorry that I did so - Beware!

We'll do you proud is a laugh. I've just moved from Sky and Plusnet dropped the ball (in their own admission too). Whilst the broadband went over OK, despite my emailing and phoning to point out that we wanted to keep our existing number, they gave us another number. The consequence being that we were out of touch will everyone: friends, family, banks, business, etc, for almost three weeks. Despite my urgent requests to do something about this major problem they did nothing about it apart from saying that "the number was in quarantine". Now I don't believe for a moment that there wasn't any way for someone to talk to BT about this (we've had the number for 36 years and hadn't moved address, etc) and to get a quicker resolution. You're in the Telecoms business after all!

Two days after the the case was due to be reopened we still did not have the number back. So I updated the question online  - no reply... So I call them and after waiting for a an hour on the phone I got through to an agent who arranged for the line to go active the following day (which it did). Being somewhat annoyed at their lack of customer service, and having been promised verbally earlier that I'd receive some compensation, I had to push to get compensation. And what did they give me for all the hassle (due to their mistake) - a mere £9.99! 

Come off it Plusnet, browsing your forums gives a clear indication of poor customer service. And it's not just the time it takes to get through, but it's the obvious signs that you don't seem to care about your customers.

I am very disappointed and will not be renewing my contract when it expires. Nor will I advise anyone to do so (and being in IT myself I am asked about providers).

Ian Logan

6 REPLIES 6
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Re: Just moved to Plusnet and I'm sorry that I did so - Beware!

We moved to Plusnet around 5 yearsago after a disastrous 3 months with Sky. Things have been good until recently. Customer service now is non-existent. Chat is never available. Telephone is hopeless. I sat on hold for an hour and six minutes before being cut off. Then was lied to in a support ticket. Absolutely awful experience! Plusnet! We'll do you over.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that Ian. Unfortunately when a number that was provided by a supplier not on the BT network is ceased, it goes into a 14 day period where we can't touch it until it's elapsed. This is a process that we have to follow I'm afraid.

If we could've renumbered your line sooner we would have.

I'm looking back on your order, wondering why we changed your telephone number in the first instance.

It looks like your number wasn't entered in the signup journey at the start and your request to keep your number wasn't looked at until it was too late and the order completed.

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and I'd like to offer you 1 month free line rental (£18.99) as a gesture of goodwill. Let me know if you're happy with this and I'll apply it to your account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf,

Is there room for improvement in the sign up journey to make retaining the existing number the default position?  If the customer wants a new number, then they be required to explicitly indicate that?

In years gone by before deregulation that’s they way things worked - a property retained its number unless explicitly requested not to.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

IanLogan

This sounds like a very sensible idea. Customers should keep their existing number by default.

IanLogan

@Gandalf

Whilst I'm still not happy with your lack of customer service I suppose I have no option but to accept your offer. Your TV adverts rather go against the grain of my experience, and of others by the looks of things. How can we be assured that you will sharpen your procedures and actually "Do us proud"?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I've added the offer to your account now.

We'll pass feedback on with regards to your experience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet