cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined up 3 weeks ago and not happy !!!

mondyman
Dabbler

Re: Just joined up 3 weeks ago and not happy !!!

The 1st picture is exactly how it looks with the face plate removed, orange to one screw and white to the other.    This comes direct from the main cable through the wall 3 foot ftom the master socket.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi mondyman,
I'm sorry to hear about the problems your having. I'd like to run some checks on this side for you with your equipment connected into the BT test socket. Is there any possibility you could do that then drop me a PM or a reply to this thread please?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So you have wires attached to the removable faceplate - is that correct
mondyman
Dabbler

Hi Adam , i've left it plugged in to the BT test socket since yesterday , connection has been extremely stable since we bought a new digital cordless phone last week.
Apparently when i was on the 10 day training period from BT the old phobe kept disconnecting the internet every time someone rang and as i use it for work that w as a lot of disconnects per day.  Now it is fine tho....I've been told by customer support to leave my router on continuously which i have done and the speed will increase....nothing has happened yet tho.
Anyway everything is plugged into the BT master socket ready for some testing on your side regards Gavin

Jim reply for you m8 , i have the orange and white...they are into screws in the master socket , The removable frontplate does not have connectors it is like a faceplate with a phone connection which slides into the test cocket then it is screwed in so im assuming its just wired internally inside the plastic faceplate....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I would agree that the connection seems to be much more stable now. You might want to check your speeds now as it looks like your profile may have just updated.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team