cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined and thinking of leaving already! Bad service!!

ashleyh1112

Just joined and thinking of leaving already! Bad service!!

We got our router in the post yesterday which was meant to be our activation date for phone and fibre. Waiting in all day between 1pm and 6pm for the engineer to call, it came 5:30 and I thought I would phone to see when the Openreach engineer would be here. The appointment was cancelled and we didn't get a reason.
Today I phoned up after getting a text saying the activation date is now moved to the 9th September and they can't put it on any sooner! My previous supplier has turned the internet off now I've got to wait to weeks for internet!!! My husband works from home and need the internet to make money, this a joke!!!
5 REPLIES 5
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Just joined and thinking of leaving already! Bad service!!

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that your installation didn't go ahead as planned yesterday. I've checked as to why and it seems there was an issue with your number transferring over to us which has caused your order to be cancelled.
Unfortunately due to the being a simultaneous provide(phone & broadband) we can not bring this date forward no matter what we do. I can make sure your order does go ahead as scheduled for the 9th and also make sure you're not charged for the services up until that the time you get your services installed.
Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Chris, why did BTw/Openreach only tell you that the installation was cancelled after the event? Surely you should be complaining very loudly to them that this isn't good enough and that they should notify you immediately a problem is discovered so that (a) the user has a chance to make contingency arrangements and (b) you can get on the case ASAP to minimise the delay.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm chasing that up as we had been on the account and seemed to have confirmed the order prior to the scheduled install, my first intention was to get this brought forward but as it's a sim provide this is not possible.
ashleyh1112

Thanks Chris, I understand. The 9th it is!
I agree with jevl on this. BT openreach don't see to get any grief for all these appointments missed and not letting people know what's happening until you chase them.
I'll have to take a day off college on the 9th and I only get 5 days per semester so I really hope you make sure of the appointment like you said.
Ashley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ashley,
I can see that there had been a further issue with your order progres, I've spoken with Aled and can see this is now a in hand and he'll keep you up-to-date.