Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got wifi, massive increase in download speed

FIXED
crypto_sloth
Rising Star

Just got wifi, massive increase in download speed

Hi ppls,

i finally got my wifi working after a simple solution from @Anoush , who knew a piece of metal in the hole in the back would work. Previously I'd had 3wifi connected bars but no wifi connection, expect oddly to games I've got on here, all of which u need to n b online to play. Also as soon as I set my VPN to On demand (i.e. 24/7/365) the 3bars disappeared.

After the restart I tried google and it was working, I went in app on my VPN and turned it on from there , the bars held. I had wifi!! I then did a speed test and got an average of 4350 kBp/s download speed and averaged 215 kBp/s upload speed.Thats 37.17Mbs-34.50Mbs dl speed and 1.86-1.76Mbs upload speed.

il be sharing w someone that's got a mobile fone and a laptop and if he significantly knocks my speed down il reduce the amount of bandwidth available to him. Day 1 , Month 1 of 18months , very happy w all of PlusNets help and the great hike in download speed which is pretty close to that advertised , or rather the ad said "could reach 38Mbs" 

A happy crypto_sloth off to YouTube, gnite all , catch u guys tmrw I guess 😊👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Just got wifi, massive increase in download speed

Nice to have a happy bunny !

( english translation of the above post, available on request... please send a self addressed postcard ! ! ). Smiley

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

^^

Without any idea what this on about, I'm concerned re metal and holes in backs. Which backs? Is this a Richard III scenario?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

hard router reset at a guess

Gythral8PNC
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Sounds like a 'hard reset', the router version of <CTRL><ALT><DEL> - a straightened out paper clip (or a CD/DVD recovery tool) to the factory rest button

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix
Pretty much. A factory reset would have essentially kick started the automatic setup system.

Happy to hear you're back up and running and with faster speeds @crypto_sloth

If you have any other issues (hopefully not) or queries you know where we are.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
crypto_sloth
Rising Star

@Oldjim Hard reset indeed sir

crypto_sloth
Rising Star

@Luzern ,

😂no it wasn't a Richard III scenario it was a hard reset. You stick a paper clip straightened out or a similar size piece of metal into the little whole in the back of the router (I have the Home Hub One, dual band 2.4 & 5GHz pickup), and that effectively reboots ur router like you might if you have an apple device and hold the home and lock screen button together until the Apple sign shows, let go, wait and then you're rebooted and with that most problems previous to reboot r gone. Tho I'm sure u know this already......🤔