cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my fibre connected - boy, am I pleased!

Robbo1876

Just got my fibre connected - boy, am I pleased!

Well, having signed up for fibre at the end of October / beginning of Nov. and then having needed to rearrange my appointment for the connection to take place to the 23rd Nov., I was very surprised to receive a phone call from an OR engineer today saying he'll arrive in the next five to ten minutes.  I tried calling home to tell the OH and the phone line was already dead!  Anyway, he came along and an hour later he was gone again - the whole process painless and uneventful apparently - I was at work!
Got home this evening to discover the delights that fibre brings and do a couple of speed tests.  When I signed up I was told that I could expect speeds of 48mb.  The speed tests reveal a low speed of mid 60s and a high touching over 70!!!  Cheesy
As you can imagine, I feeling very pleased with the whole outcome.  Fibre running much more quickly than I expected and a connection eight days earlier than anticipated.  Grin  To be honest, I thought that the OR appointment wouldn't even happen on the 23rd.
So, a big thank you to Adam for the excellent service I have received in sorting a couple of minor issues for me.
4 REPLIES 4
NedLudd
Grafter

Re: Just got my fibre connected - boy, am I pleased!

That's bin my experience too. Great service from BTOR and PN!  Grin Grin Grin
Geoff,
York.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot guys,
Glad to hear the install went well @Robbo1876
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bjn
Grafter

Glad to hear your installation went as well as mine did today, just need to watch your 250gb usage as at these speeds with it been new we could get carried away in our initial enthusiasm just trying things out that we would normally never think of doing just because we can at a very fast speed.
Grff
Grafter

Gutted by my 35mb now. Ha.
Glad you're enjoying yours though. :-;