cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a very big Thank you

Edzashed
Grafter

Just a very big Thank you

To all whom this post may and do's concern i owe you all a very big debt of gratitude and thanks  :D. For all my whining moaning and frustrations after 7 weeks we finally got it together this is now the connection after being put on a new pair signalling that the line was in fact pardon this knackerd...

And this is what i used to get
http://speedtest.net/result/2555412017.png
6 REPLIES 6
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Just a very big Thank you

I was looking for the "like" button on your post.
Fingers crossed you'll be as happy with your connection as I have been with mine Smiley
Edzashed
Grafter

Well after 7 weeks and a lot of friendly help and some really good listening staff, this has been resolved i knew i was right all along with the bad line scenario but with great staff like they have here it goes to show if you got patience then it will pay...

That speed at this time of night is BRILLIANT  Grin
Just to add to those stats here is a BTW test
1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
65.54 Mbps

0 Mbps 68.9 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 65.54 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-68.9 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 68.9 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
15.94 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 15.94Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
picbits
Rising Star

I think that being patient and not throwing your toys out of the pram helps (as well as the odd nudge and followup).
There is a time and place to come onto a forum and shout and scream and from what I've seen recently a lot of peoples first  posts can be quite abusive towards Plusnet and their staff.
Today I've had a 69Mb download speed and 18Mb upload despite being quoted a 50Mb max when I first signed up. My connection has not been perfect - I've had a few dropouts, some random pauses, two or three disconnects but it's all very temporary and I've probably got a 99.9% uptime.
I watch the abuse and slagging off that the staff get and a lot of it isn't justified so when I see a thank you post like yours, I probably appreciate it almost as much as the staff.
I'll hijack this post slightly and also make it a big thank you from me as well for the staff tolerance and extra effort some of them put in from their own time.  I've not really had to use their services much but I feel pretty confident that I will be listened to on here if I have any issues.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'll echo your sentiments there picbits.
Well Edzashed, your patience has been well rewarded, and long may the reward continue
I don't suppose you know if it's a pair in the same cable or a new cable?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Edzashed,
Thanks a lot for the update and really glad to hear that's been sorted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Edzashed
Grafter

@ Picbits your very welcome to hijack my post  Wink and yes your right sometimes it is upsetting but there is no need for upsetting staff they are only trying to do there job and do it very well may i add. @ Anotherone thank you for your time and appreciation of trying to understand this with me as it aspires, i do beleive it was a spare pair on a new line as the old one was stretched i do believe, so to a point i was right about the line and i did get the same engineer out thistime and he said it was odd that the old line was doing what it was so we have put you on a new one i mean OMG how difficult. @ Adam you guys deserve a bloody medal for putting up with problems and frustrations of customers you win my appraisal carry on being  Cool .