Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a suggestion....

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Just a suggestion....

The email updates about forthcoming BT Network maintenance are useful to know but how about sticking the data in a table first and doing a quick sort date first then a-z. It would make it so much easier to check.
Before I retired I used to report on various data sets for colleagues and I hate to think what they would have said if I'd presented the info like that  Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Just a suggestion....

Hi longedge,
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you buy we do already post these in date order for the week ahead.
We don't sort the locations alphabetically as we gather all the information for these manually from emails.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We don't sort the locations alphabetically as we gather all the information for these manually from emails.

Adam,
That sounds like a real chore - it also suggests that your supplier needs to do much better!  Why in this day and age are ISPs receiving this information by email - surely BTOR / BTw should have a website which (at least) ISPs can inspect. even if not available to end users.
End of term report: Must learn to be smarter!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We don't sort the locations alphabetically

To be honest the date is of secondary importance to me.
If the data is brought together manually then, to my mind, it would be very easy to do it in say Excel and once completed sort the list. IIRC the last one I got showed 3 dates and at a guess 40 or thereabouts exchanges. Reading through the list it struck me that it would be so much easier if the exchanges were shown in alphabetical order. Just an observation fwiw.