cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got Up And Running After 4 Weeks

Glenn
Grafter

Re: Just Got Up And Running After 4 Weeks

Checked my speed on Monday and under current speed in my Plusnet account it's went from 7.7Mbps to 8.3Mbps which is what it is now.  Undecided
I then did the BTw speed test and got the results you can see in the attachments....the last time I did it it said max achievable speed was 7.15Mbps...but as you can see it now says it's 21Mbps.  Undecided
I've included the router stats in the attachments as well from today.  Smiley
I'm confused by the speed the BTw speed test said my line was capable of....since it went from 7.15Mbps to 21Mbps.  Undecided
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Glenn, unfortunately that BT speedtest 21Mbps is just a graphical display thing. It will jump to predetermined values depending on the range in which your speed falls. It doesn't unfortunately mean that your line is capable of 21Mbps  Cry
Sync speed has improved, but still a bit below par. Let me take a re-read of the thread and get a caffeine boost and I'll post back.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the Plusnet profile shows 21Mbps when the line is in 'training' , and then drops to the correct lower value when the BT exchange equipment sends a profile update.
I'm wondering if the 21Mbps shown on the latest BT speed test is indicating that the line has returned to being trained ?.
Or it might just be a coincidence.  Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion

Bizarre coincidence, look at the previous BT speedtest and scale  Crazy
The line is in training, and has been since the 20th when it was connected, but that's not really related.
Disappointing, although the sync speed is up a bit,  the Noise margin has reduced slightly. Judging by the uptime and assuming you took the stats just before you posted, the last resync would have been sometime just before 4.00pm 3 days ago when daytime noise levels wouldn't have been as great (ie Noise margin would have been higher).
Was this a brand new line installed, new overhead cable, or is it an underground feed?
Have you got a phone yet?
Glenn
Grafter

Yeah my line has been in training since the 20th...well the 21st since that was the official Plusnet date of my broadband going live....although I got up and running a day early.  Smiley
Yeah that line stats pic was taken just around an hour or so ago....I've noticed that there's been a few disconnects/reconnects since the uptimes have reset a few times....but assume that's normal during line training.I did notice the SN has reduced and the sync speed is up a tad....also that interleaving was switched on as well.  Smiley
It was a new line install yeah....I don't think it's an overhead feed....the distribution point is just on the back wall of the building next door out the back....and the street cabinet is just 20/25 metres up the street from me. 🙂
I haven't got a phone just yet....think I'll be getting one at the weekend tho....wondering if the line is quiet now myself. 🙂
Anotherone
Champion

The resyncs could well be DLM when the line is training, and it obviously is seeing some interference and errors to turn on Interleaving. Whether it's audible noise or not remains to be seen. Hang on in there!
Glenn
Grafter

I phoned Plusnet on Monday afternoon (12/3/13) to ask for my upload to be uncapped and was told it was put through and it could take upto 24 hrs.I've just checked my router stats and it still hasn't gone through yet.
Could someone push it through for me please ?  Smiley

DSL Connection
Link Information

Uptime: 16 days, 8:42:07
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 444 / 9.465
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/MB]: 1,99 / 793,59
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 13,0 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 17,8 / 36,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 23,3 / 4,2
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 9 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 107.324 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 1.663.655.259
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 115.708
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 600.526

Glenn
Grafter

I just phoned up again since no one replied to this yet and they checked the BTw system and it's given Plusnet a date of the 18/3/13 for the uncap to take affect....apparently it usually doesn't take this long.  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

That's obviously garbage.
Glenn
Grafter

I've been told porkies then ?...why's it garbage exactly ?  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

It should be 24hrs, someone from the DCT will take a look I'm sure.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It should be a 24 hour order, however from the look of it the order was placed and we requested the 18th. I'm assuming this was an error when placing it.
Let me know if you'd like us to cancel this order then place a new one (which may actually take until tomorrow to cancel and then a further day for the new order).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Glenn
Grafter

Thanks guys...yes Chris cancel that order for the 18th and re-order a new one please...that would be great...thanks.  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI I'm just picking that up for Chris, I've cancelled the old order and will go back to raise a new one later, just need to let the systems clear down between doing the two things.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Glenn
Grafter

Ok thanks Adam...just saw a question labelled **internal** raised in relation to it in my Gmail.  Smiley