Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July order still unfulfilled & broadband disabled

Davexxx
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

July order still unfulfilled & broadband disabled

"We've made switching to Plusnet a doddle. Find out how easy it is to start getting good honest broadband."

29 July 2015 - placed order for Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband/Phone as direct replacement for BT Infinity 2/Phone, paid £171
12 August Migration date - failed (without notice from Plusnet; BT phoned to say that the order had been cancelled)
13 August - Plusnet notification of engineer's visit (am 2 Sep)
2 September - No show by engineer (without notice)
4 September - Broadband access disabled (without notice)
5 September - Plusnet advise 'suppliers [Openreach] say there is external activity open on your order that needs to be closed'
9 September - Landline phone disabled (without notice); Plusnet issue instruction to restart phone service. Submitted a claim to Plusnet for compensation regarding loss of broadband.
10 September - Landline phone reconnected; Plusnet advise they have placed a "self-install order for your fibre broadband and, once it has reached a committed state, we will expedite for the first available appointment"
Having made a sizeable payment at the time of placing the order, I have been rewarded by a loss of broadband access and no scheduled date for recommencement of service.   Using dialup, as an alternative, third-party online subscription services cannot be accessed or are effectively unusable ('connection was interrupted while the page was loading') - SpiderOak 100GB remote backup is currently useless.
All of the Plusnet personnel with whom I have spoken have been fine, and having read other messages posted here, some of the responsibility for the various delays appears to rest with other businesses operating under the BT corporate umbrella.
Dave.
PS I am accessing this forum via Freeola 56kb dialup and cannot reply to e-mail messages. To help trace internal records, it's Fibre order reference: 3-122331937000.
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: July order still unfulfilled & broadband disabled

Thanks for the update Dave,
I'm glad to see we're arranging an expedite for you.
You should hear back from our provisioning team about that today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Davexxx
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
... You should hear back from our provisioning team about that today.

Adam - many thanks.
Dave.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, I'll make sure we get you another update today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Davexxx
Rising Star

Adam - I've received this feedback today:
"... our suppliers have actually rejected our request to fast track your order as they say there is no delay on their part. As a result, we must now wait until 28th September for your services to be activated."
However, I was informed on Friday:
"... you are currently without a service as your current provider then stopped your phone line before we were able to issue another order to transfer your services so Plusnet cannot take full responsibility for a loss of service."
Dave.
Davexxx
Rising Star

There is a suspicion that there is an inconsistency/error in the *BT* phone & broadband records for our account - can anyone shed any light on it ?
After the first migration failure (12 Aug), Plusnet support said:
"i am sorry to advise that the phone order rejected due to not matching with the broadband order. This was via our automated system ... We will place the order manually to ensure that this is placed correctly next time"
After the second migration failure (2 Sep), I was informed:
"your orders appear to have been rejected by our suppliers ... you will need to speak to our provisioning team directly on 0800 432 0200 to get your engineer appointment rearranged"
Dave.
Davexxx
Rising Star

An engineer's visit has been scheduled for tomorrow a.m. - can anyone tell me the purpose of the visit ?
We've ordered self-install (BT HH3/5) Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband, up to 75Mb/19.5Mb, presumably needing no hardware changes ...
We previously had BT Infinity 2 broadband (75Mb/15Mb in practice with HH3). The phone wall socket/external wiring/modem/white wall box were replaced by BT in 2012 and I'm not of aware of any problems associated with the installation.
TIA.
Dave.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry your thread wasn't picked up last week.
It looks like your order was built in as a self-install. As a result, internal access won't be needed. Hopefully we'll have you up and active by the afternoon.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Davexxx
Rising Star

Matty - many thanks.
Dave.
Davexxx
Rising Star

Matty - HH3 Broadband light on since mid-morning.
But still needs Plusnet to enable ?
Dave.
Davexxx
Rising Star

Matty - Broadband now enabled and running with BT HH3.
Many thanks for your assistance.
Dave.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for updating us. Hoping it's plain-sailing from this point on!
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet