cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

John Lewis broadband - offering personal injury claims ?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

John Lewis broadband - offering personal injury claims ?

On the JL BB, contact us page, they are offering personal injury claims , with a link to a 3rd party website , very bizarre,  i assume this should not be there ?
https://www.johnlewisbroadband.com/contact-us/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: John Lewis broadband - offering personal injury claims ?

We don't have any control over the John Lewis Website.
I'm not seeing what you are seeing though?
picbits
Rising Star

I can see it on both their broadband and normal consumer website (under the "contact us" bit).
I think it's just a standard part of their business to give anyone who has been injured by JL a portal to contact them or take it further.
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I am definitely seeing the same as I.T.Works - the third party link goes  to : http://www.claimsportal.org.uk/en/
Brian
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
James
Grafter

Ah sorry - Completely missed it.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: James
We don't have any control over the John Lewis Website.

i thought PN manged the JL broadband website , hence my post here Lips_are_sealed
Quote from: picbits
I can see it on both their broadband and normal consumer website (under the "contact us" bit).
I think it's just a standard part of their business to give anyone who has been injured by JL a portal to contact them or take it further.

Very odd idea to put it on their contact us page for broadband , does not make sense to me  Crazy
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

picbits
Rising Star

Maybe it is a company wide policy. If the engineer is at a customers house and leaves a screw on the floor which the customer steps on then their initial claim would be with JL who they have contracted to supply their broadband. JL would then chase up BTOR for negligence etc.
At least by having it on their website the customer knows where to go.
Also the company they suggest to use for claims may just be one they trust to do a fair job rather than a "we'll sue for millions for your broken fingernail" company.
Just speculation though.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Your correct picbits , it's also on the main site contact us page Smiley
Regards
Mike