cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's worth paying to leave Plusnet

Chasgunter

It's worth paying to leave Plusnet

I have been with Plusnet only a few weeks. For several weeks the service was nothing short of appalling; not installing on the day specified loss of phone, then loss of broadband and then a screw-up with my direct-debit which they say is not their fault (sorry guys, it was) and tried to blame my bank.
I asked to leave Plusnet without penalty but they refused as the 'couldn't do that' despite my deep dissatisfaction. I would have expected a company with an ounce of integrity to apologise and let me go but it's not to be. I have therefore take the decision to pay £196 and leave and all I can say is, 'Good riddance'.
I now feel like throwing things at the television when their advertisement comes on.
3 REPLIES 3
happysnapper
Grafter

Re: It's worth paying to leave Plusnet

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Chasgunter
I have been with Plusnet only a few weeks. For several weeks the service was nothing short of appalling; not installing on the day specified loss of phone, then loss of broadband and then a screw-up with my direct-debit which they say is not their fault (sorry guys, it was) and tried to blame my bank.
I asked to leave Plusnet without penalty but they refused as the 'couldn't do that' despite my deep dissatisfaction. I would have expected a company with an ounce of integrity to apologise and let me go but it's not to be. I have therefore take the decision to pay £196 and leave and all I can say is, 'Good riddance'.
I now feel like throwing things at the television when their advertisement comes on.
And your next £xxx cancellation fee will go to.......?  Firstly any reseller of the BT product has to rely on BT Openreach,  On that point alone, what did you do? Without more detail, your OP seems a useless rant.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: lucerne
Firstly any reseller of the BT product has to rely on BT Openreach

Every ISP apart from Virgin Media Cable, has to rely on Openreach for line maintenance and installation, not just those that use BTw products Wink
@Chasgunter, I'd suggest you actually check on your legal rights etc. If you follow procedures and things are not resolved then you might find you can escape the sort of sums of money you have mentioned. You may even be entitled to some compensation, but as mentioned by lucerne, you haven't explained what's happened and what action Plusnet have taken to resolve the issue.