cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It makes no sense!!!!

Moominfish
Grafter

It makes no sense!!!!

This is just a random post to get this off my chest!
Why is it when I reply to a Plusnet member of staff asking constructive questions when they've replied to my thread, this one actually http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84818.16.html I don't get a response even if the person who replied is still online and posting in other threads and who stays active on the forum till 17:30 in the afternoon, a full 4 hours and 22 minutes since I replied to their reply on my thread!
Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to post something then when I ask questions ignore them  Angry
I really hope this changes in the future because what's the point in me replying to said member of staff then not get anything back to any questions I ask, it's as if all the questions I ask are in a foreign language and your unable to answer them!!!!!
Majority of the time everythings fine it's just sometimes simple things seem unable to be answered when it's not really that difficult!
This isn't really a rant and rave it's more constructive criticism and maybe just maybe it will get taken onboard  Cheesy
4 REPLIES 4
Mark
Grafter

Re: It makes no sense!!!!

Hi moominfish
The Comms team or Digital Care Team, to give them the correct title, cover the forums when they can and in addition to the many other tasks they have to perform during their working day. It's impossible for them to cover and respond to every post, although they make a sterling effort.
The forums, whilst they are a fantastic resource, are not an official support mechanism and there is no guarantee that we'll pick up everything posted. If you have an issue which needs immediate attention then I'd suggest you give us a ring or raise a ticket. That way you're guaranteed a response.
I'm sure the team will get back to the thread at some point tomorrow but in the meantime give us a ring if you need an answer this evening Smiley
Mark
Moominfish
Grafter

Okay Mark,
Thanks for your reply, I do understand the Digital Care Team cover the forums when they can, my only criticism is if they do spend the time replying to a thread in the 1st place and I reply to their post asking a question or 2 I'd have thought they'd stick around for a bit longer as I replied to Chris's post only 14 minutes after he'd replied to my thread, and he has posted on other threads after he and I had posted on mine, I'm thinking maybe get a system that prioritises a bit better as once one thread is dealt with it could be closed and their wouldn't be a massive backlog, maybe the forums could even become an official support channel instead of unofficial because (and I mean no offence by this) but company forums only ever specify their unofficial so they can use that as an excuse lol, come on smile you know i'm right lol Cheesy
Oh and I'm not kissing any bums here but I do think the support team (unofficial or not) do a good job, I just think the forums could be as prioritised as much as the internet traffic is Wink Tongue would make things a bit easier no?
And I understand it is impossible to pick up everything posted which is why I sent Chris a personal message as a gentle reminder I'd replied and asking him if he would reply further, nothing more obtrusive than that, I even provided a link to my thread so he didn't have to don his cape and wellies (it's okay someone told me he wears them :P) trawling the forum looking for it.
I mean it's not super important that I received a reply to my thread in realtime and I do have internet access, it's just frustrating when I ask a more complex question I don't seem to get as many or any responses to them with definite answers, I just thought I would have done as I responded in a timely fashion myself and only wanted my questions answering that's all, and all I really want to know is why is my IP profile listed as 7150 kbps in my Plusnet account, it's clearly locked at BT's end and has been for the last 7 days at 4000 kbps yet my router states i'm connected at 5728 yet Chris checked earlier and apparently you (Plusnet) are still getting reports that I'm syncing at 4544 kbps which can't possibly be right which is why I asked where these reports come from.
Thank you
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there might be a valid explanation as far as the forums go.
When I look at the index of unread, generally I dont go to the most recent, but to the oldest on the list, and I suppose that is what the Digital Care Team do.  Then you cant get a comment like "My post has been on there since last Friday and not looked at"  however, by you answereing your own post it has gone to the end of the Index as the most recent, and then takes its turn getting looked at.
Does that make sense?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Moominfish,
Sorry that we didn't get back to your post yesterday, we'll take a look at it today. If I'm honest yesterday was an odd day, first day back for the team after the bank holiday weekend and Bob & Mand both out of the office so we were a little busier than normal. I'm going to ask the guys to concentrate more on the forums today and try to pick up the threads that need a response asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.