cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is happening today

SilentWight
Dabbler

It is happening today

Well, finally after much trials and tribulations I will be moving from my current local cable provider to Plusnet today, delayed due to local provider not cooperating in porting/releasing my number, is has taken 4 weeks.

Openreach is coming round today to reactivate my telephone line 

I wish to thank Plusnet Customer Service Adviser [CSA Removed] for his effort to sorting this saga out and phoning me back as promised, keeping me posted on all developments after earlier miscommunication with Plusnet, credit where credit is due!

I will keep you posted Wink

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

14 REPLIES 14
SilentWight
Dabbler

Re: It is happening today

Sorry about mentioning CSA name, won't happen again, was a bit enthusiastic this morning and forgot that it was against forum rules
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Feedback as it seemed more suited. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SilentWight
Dabbler

Update, phoneline activated by Openreach however another porting problem as port date had expired for some reason. Back on the phone to Plusnet in the morning.
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi SilentWight@

I have updated your complaint ticket here

Kind Regards

- Ollie

SilentWight
Dabbler

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I presume Friday 1st January 2019, should read Friday 1st of March 2019?

I will be lighting up a candle of hope tomorrow night to see if that helps for Friday Wink

candle.jpg

:

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @SilentWight, that's the date which was meant yes sorry. I can see the ticket on your account is on hold until Saturday for us to check into the status of this however if you haven't seen the number port complete by noon Saturday please do drop us a message on here and we'll happily chase this up for you.

SilentWight
Dabbler

Will do thanks for your reply, I presume internet will go live on the same day as number being ported.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

That's correct @SilentWight. Upon the porting issue completing and this allowing the phone order to complete we should see the broadband order complete with this. As mentioned though if there's any issues come Saturday and you haven't heard from our order updates team then please do let us know. Having checked the link between your phone and broadband order everything looks to be in place to go active.

SilentWight
Dabbler

Good afternoon,

I really feel I have entered some kind of Brexit negotiations, loads of back and forth and still no promised results, in this case porting over my number and enabling fibre broadband.

I have worried elderly relatives trying to call me from abroad to my home number that is still in between some kind of 3rd dimension between my old provider Wightfibre and Plusnet.

They now have to call my mobile and are incurring extra costs doing so, I also am receiving a avalanche of emails of people who tried phoning my home number to no avail.

As you might have guessed from my post, number still has not been ported as of 13.25pm today, very disappointing!

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @SilentWight I am sorry for the delays with your service and to see the inconvenience this is causing to you. I've spoken with our suppliers today and have provided you with an update on your account here

SilentWight
Dabbler

Broadband and home phone both working as from this afternoon Smiley

(ticket updated)

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

That's great news @SilentWight .

We've now applied the agreed upon credits.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch with any further queries at all.

SilentWight
Dabbler

Credits received in my account this morning  Thumbs_Up

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Glad to hear @SilentWight

Just let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team