Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It goodbye to plusnet after 23 year just under

deanmrd
Grafter

It goodbye to plusnet after 23 year just under

Hi everyone 

I've now left plusnet as they could supply my will Full Fibre but when I searched my naxt door address plusnet was willing to offer it to me yet my address was not able to get it. 

When I phoned in they still could not offer it to me. as of the 03/10/2022 at 8am my 1gb up & down symmetrical speed was installed with other company I looked again to day and it still says the same.

if anyone can shed abit a light why this is. 

I didnt leave because of there service as being with them for 23 years speaks for it self.

Thanks 

Dean

31 REPLIES 31
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: It goodbye to plusnet after 23 year just under

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Full Fibre to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Why you couldn't order through Plusnet will be down to one of two things:

1. Your property isn't serviced by Openreach FTTP.  It's possible that you are serviced from a different Distribution Point to your neighbour and Openreach haven't installed Fibre to yours yet.
  2. Probably more likely, the Openreach data is incorrect for your property and it is just a database issue with them that is saying you can't have an FTTP connection

Both of these would be the same with any ISP trying to supply you with an Openreach FTTP based connection.

Solutions to the above, for number 1 it's just a waiting game.  For number 2, it's raising it with Openreach to try and get them to correct their database records.  There is a form that you can use for doing that, but the link I've got bookmarked isn't working for me at the moment

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@pjmarsh  It appears that Plusnet have lost this customer already,

... as of the 03/10/2022 at 8am my 1gb up & down symmetrical speed was installed 

So a service has been provided by an Alt-net company i.e. not Openreach FTTP.

Openreach FTTP not showing availability is academic now, but was likely to be a database error. I suspect Plusnet support just say "computer says no" with no further action.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

@RealAleMadrid, yes I know that.  My post was answering the OPs question of "if anyone can shed abit a light why this is."

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

... as of the 03/10/2022 at 8am my 1gb up & down symmetrical speed was installed 

Openreach FTTP not showing availability is academic now, but was likely to be a database error. 

My money would be on FTTP simply not being available from Openreach at this property rather than a database error.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@Baldrick1 Not sure why you come to that conclusion as the Op stated Openreach FTTP was available for the neighbour next door. It doesn't matter anyway as a 1Gbps symmetrical service is far superior to any Openreach FTTP offering.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@deanmrd 

Was your OR connection above or below ground? If overhead, are your neighbours on the same pole?

If UG, any sign of different chambers serving the two houses?

My money's on a database screw up.

Brian

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There is an assumption being made here that "neighbour" means an immediately adjoining property ... rather than maybe dozen of yards away.

Connectivity is dependent on cabling routes and port availability ... just as we have seen where a FTTC cabinet's FTTC connection ports are all fully utilised - "Why cannot I not get FTTC when my neighbour can?".

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@Townman  Yes it is all conjecture, assumptions and guesses and I doubt that the OP will be particularly interested in replying so I will leave it at that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@pjmarsh wrote:

For number 2, it's raising it with Openreach to try and get them to correct their database records.  There is a form that you can use for doing that, but the link I've got bookmarked isn't working for me at the moment

Do you mean this? Not sure which form you have saved but I know Openreach moved from Formwize a while ago. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks @Gandalf.  It's the formwize I've got save.  Now updated!

deanmrd
Grafter

with plusnet tried neighbours on both side of me, I live in a row of houses, and shaire same gateaway with one neighbour not a flat though. I even tried neighbours across the road and they all could get full fibra with plusnet.

The company I went with signed me up strate away no issues when he came though it had already attached the line from the pole just had to feed it to the house. 

am I allowed to say who I went with?

P.S BT, SKY, talktalk also could not sign me up. 

Screenshot 2023-01-11 230657.jpg 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Clearly a BT Openreach database error then.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Most probably an Openreach database error then. Those other ISPs you’ve listed also use Openreach. It may be worth you completing the form Gandalf linked to and seeing if you can get it corrected. Whilst that won’t really help you now as you’ve gone with an AltNet, it may help you with options in the future should you (or anyone else in your house) want to consider an Openreach based line in the future.

Edit: Townman types faster than me on my phone!