cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your phone service with Plusnet? If not, why not?

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Is your phone service with Plusnet? If not, why not?

I have checked - the LLU provider has its own equipment in the market 1 exchange, which means that BT whole sale are not the sole provider in that market 1 exchange.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Hairy
WE ALL WANT FREE CALLED ID

I certainly do and it's the main reason my telephone service is not with Plusnet.  If Plusnet gave free caller ID it would be clear that I should move my phone to Plusnet.  Plusnet's caller ID charge skews the economics and makes it more attractive to consider another ISP + Phone deal.
msssltd
Grafter

+1 for the 21st Century and 'naked' data connection
I resent the time I already have to spend pouring through an indeterminable number of tariff options, none of which will out perform my VOIP or mobile subscriptions.

The only reason I still have an analogue phone at all, strictly for incoming calls, is because once BB is on the line, BTWhichever will not migrate the POTS number.
dratddestroyer
Grafter

I am with BT because I do not have any confidence in Plusnet customer services to read tickets properly.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88149.0.html
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Just renewed with BT LRS + Anytime. Had a long think about moving over to Plusnet BUT:
FTTP is coming to us sometime soon (or so they have been telling us for over a  year). Still fully intending to go with the Plusnet trial but have to keep my options open as it is a trial and could therefore presumably be pulled at any time without being released as a commercial product. Also need to keep an eye on all the extra stuff BT is loading into its packages - it's looking  more attractive by the day  Undecided
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

are the rates quoted here inclusive of VAT?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yes, VAT is included, it confirms that at the top of the list.
David
Luzern
Hero

I never read it from the top:-[ Wink
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
coldingham

In this end of line remote community line faults are not uncommon. Experience has shown that when I complain to BT an engineer usually rolls up next day. With other systems it always takes longer. Up to a week with some. This alone is the reason I stay with BT added to which their rates for line rental a year in advance plus 24/7 free calls mean there is little to be gained financially by moving
Conversly, I've always found Plusnet (via Madasafish) good for broadband and have had the account for around 10 years. Loyalty keeps me there, as well as good response when there has been the odd technical glitch. I value the Sheffield service. However, I've had to haggle extra hard for my discount this year and the free BT sport option with BT may cause me to move when my present lock in period ends unless Plusnet offer a discount for the sports channels
Luzern
Hero

From my analysis of calls in the past 12 months, here is why I shall not be transferring to PN, It's dearer due to higher mobile charges, the £3/month option being worse, and there's the problem of lack of refunds for diverted calls if a phone fault comes along.
So right now I am signing up for another year with BT.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well my LRS is coming due for renewal, given the costs I will be looking around for a better deal, I don't make many calls so inclusive calls are not a selling point, FREE CID will be or combined cost of it over the year.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I asked this question at the time of the original announcment of broadband only cost increase but didn't get an official answer
When someone signs up for broadband + phone they get the £2.50 reduction but then move the phone elsewhere the broadband price goes up by £2.50 per month.
If someone changes broadband packet then they go onto the new deal of £2.50 extra if no phone or £2.50 extra if they subsequently move the phone elsewhere
So if a customer who is presently on phone + broadband and signed up prior to the change then decides to move the phone elsewhere does the broadband price increase or not