cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your phone service with Plusnet? If not, why not?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Is your phone service with Plusnet? If not, why not?

Hi folks,
The subject line should say it all really.
We're interested to find out how many of you have our Home Phone service and for those of you that don't, what your reasoning is?
Feel free to use the voting buttons but we'd appreciate a quick post from anyone that doesn't have their phone with us to say what their reasons are for not moving it to Plusnet.
This thread isn't intended as a Q & A so if you've a question about the service then please ask it in a new thread.
We're just trying to find out what forum-goers primary reasons are for not having their phone service with us.
Thanks.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

71 REPLIES 71
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Is your phone service with Plusnet? If not, why not?

TBH I can see no particular advantage for me. Anyway changing over having paid a year up front needs too fine timing for this oldie. Grin
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

I am currently on the Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plan with BT
As you might expect this gives me free weekend and evening calls.
The cost to me is, including line rental, £15.45
So it's much of a muchness.
I would be tempted to move my phone to PlusNet for neatness sake, but, as I've stated elsewhere,
I'm considering moving my internet service (after 11 years with PlusNet! Sob!) to BT to get BT Sport.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

With BT on AnyTime.
It's what happens when there's a problem that means I won't move. BT Retail are far, far, far, far quicker in reporting the issue to "their suppliers" than Plusnet. BT give free diversion to a mobile if you are unable to receive incoming calls.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

BT, line rental saver and anytime calls.
Each time I look there's so little in it (in fact bt were cheaper) when taking the free caller id into account and don't use 1571.
There would have to substantial benefit for me to move, as there's always the risk something could go wrong and the grief one would get for that it isn't worth the effort.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I am with PN but only 'cause of the discount on the fibre order. If I can find a replacement when my LRS is up, cheaper with included CID then I will move. I don't make that many calls so don't need a lot from the line. If I could get fibre without phone then I would drop the line totally.
gswindale
Grafter

BT - due to the fact that the equivalent package with PN is slightly more expensive when I add in the cost of caller ID which PN still charge for unlike other suppliers.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

On Plusnet LRS at present so no immediate plans to move but when it ends I may consider a move back to BT. The last time I looked the price difference was not great after having to pay for Caller Display. BT also offers, at a price, a larger range of add-on services (flexible call barring options for example).
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Addons costing more when they are free or cheaper elsewhere, which might make me move my line back to BT.  That even outweighs the Indian call centre support
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Currently on the Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plus Plan with BT which gives me £1/month discount on the normal tariff. Did think about going to the PlusNet LRS option but now that's been increased in price ( and no calls ) then it's out. Other reasons as Jelv & Dvorak. Only advantage to PN would be UK support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: alanf
On Plusnet LRS at present so no immediate plans to move but when it ends I may consider a move back to BT. The last time I looked the price difference was not great after having to pay for Caller Display. BT also offers, at a price, a larger range of add-on services (flexible call barring options for example).
Quote from: jelv
BT Retail are far, far, far, far quicker in reporting the issue to "their suppliers" than Plusnet. BT give free diversion to a mobile if you are unable to receive incoming calls.

Both of these!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

On PN LRS at the moment will likely move LR back to BT when it is up, the reason same as the quotes (from alanf and jelv) in w23 response.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tonic

I have both broadband (unlimited fibre) and my phone line with PN.  Getting 10Mb? faster download speed than quoted !   On the phone side, I have anytime international 300.
All that for around £16 p.m. rising to £26 p.m. after 6 months.  Asked BT for equivalent package, and was quoted £57 p.m.   Plus it made sense to me to have everything in one neat little package!!
Tony.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

All that for around £16 p.m. rising to £26 p.m. after 6 months
+ Line rental surely ? or LRS in advance.

tonic

LRS in advance  Roll_eyes
Tony.