cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this another case of 80/20 provisioned as 40/10?

bytemaster

Is this another case of 80/20 provisioned as 40/10?

Hi,
I joined PN on Monday. Install was painless however it looks like my connection has been incorrectly provisioned.
The forecast was 53/16 but repeated speed tests are showing around 39/9. The BT Speedtester is showing:
IP Profile for your line is - 40.63 Mbps / 20Mbps.
I lodged a fault ticket with PN on Tuesday, when can I expect this to be resolved?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Is this another case of 80/20 provisioned as 40/10?

Doesn't look like a provisioning issue. If your IP profile is 40.63 Mbps then you must be synching at approx 46Mbps which means you can't have been provisioned on a 40Mb product.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

That's right, you have been provisioned on the 80/20 product correctly.
As you've stated, a fault ticket has been raised, so it's probably a good idea to see what comes from that.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Regarding the how long it's likely to be before it's resolved question, I'm afraid that's never one we can answer with any certainty - there's just too many variables. I would hope soon, but it depends on finding out what's causing the fault first, then dependent on the fix - which may or may not require an engineer visit, which is another variable I'm afraid. All we can say is that we'll let you know as soon as we have any more information.
Sorry we can't answer any better than that.