Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a sign of things to come?

medlocktj
Dabbler

Re: Is this a sign of things to come?

I thought I'd just post a quick update.
BT are calling around this morning to install the line and check the phone socket between 8am and 1pm so I should have the broadband up and running! I've taken the day off work to be able to let them in but they haven't arrived yet...
Still, just over an hour to go!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi medlocktj,
Did everything go well regarding the install? Hope the engineer turned up and set everything going for you, please let us know.
medlocktj
Dabbler

Well...I don't know!
The engineer turned up about 10 minutes after I posted! He said he'd be popping in and out of the flat, which was fine. Then, just before 1pm, he left in his van. He didn't say he was going anywhere or tell me he'd done so I was left scratching my head as to what was going on! Normally that wouldn't be a problem as I'd just have waited but today it was as I had a hospital appointment and couldn't really wait around to find out.
I did wait until 1.30pm but then had to go, still not knowing what was going on!
Anyway, when I returned at 3.45 I found a note in the post box with a number to ring him. He said he'd left some tools in the flat and I explained that I had to go and, whilst he wasn't rude, it was quite clear he wasn't happy.
I can understand him not being so but, really, what was I to do? I did tell him when he first arrived that I had a hospital appointment (though didn't tell him what time it was) but this is irrelevant. If he's going to drive off without a word without leaving me with anyway of contacting him, is that really good service? Should he not be letting me know what's going on or what he has to do? Especially if he's going to be driving off for 40 minutes or longer at a time?
As it stands, I don't know what's happening but I do know that if my line isn't installed I'm going to be contacting BT personally to complain about the engineer's conduct.
What do others think? Is it normal practice for engineers to do this?
medlocktj
Dabbler

Another update! The engineer's just been back and has finished setting everything up! We agreed that it was just a misunderstanding earlier so it's all cool!
Just need to wait for my equipment to arrive from PlusNet and to bin this awful T Mobile dongle effort!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Tha'ts good to hear! The router' is on the way and should be with you in a couple of days.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
medlocktj
Dabbler

Ta muchly Chris!
When that arrives will I be good to go? Or do you need to activate anything first?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hopefully yes, we should receive confirmation of the orders completing in the next day or so and then you're account will activate.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
medlocktj
Dabbler

That's great, Chris. Thanks for the prompt response!