cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a UK record for the longest ongoing fault repair - 10/08/2015 to date?

DaveD20

Is this a UK record for the longest ongoing fault repair - 10/08/2015 to date?

Question #108932082 - Your Feedback
< Back

[removed]- CSC Analyst
4:05pm, Monday 10 Aug 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Your fault has now been raised with our suppliers for further investigation.
They have advised the estimated time for resolution is 12/08/15 23:59.
Please note this is only a estimate and the fault could be resolved before this date, however we will continue to monitor for updates from them and if we are able to provide an update sooner than this we will do so.

**internal**
Fault Type:NDT
Test Results:FAULT - Earth Contact
Fault Ref:TR0000004909309
Estimated Resolution Time: 12/08/15 23:59
Contact Details:01766540576
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Email notification sent to: [Removed]]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your fault has now been raised with our suppliers and they have advised on the estimated time to repair being 12/08/15 23:59. If your fault changes in any way please reply to this text advising on what has changed for us to investigate further..]

[removed] - CSC Analyst
4:06pm, Monday 10 Aug 2015
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 13th August at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]

Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:08am, Thursday 13 Aug 2015
Question [ 108932082 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

[removed] - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
3:22pm, Friday 14 Aug 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Thank you for your continued patience and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
I have just had notice back from our suppliers that today they have completed the required maintenance work on your line and you should have no further problems.
If you believe that the issue has been resolved, please do not reply to this message. Instead, please ignore the ticket and it will close automatically in 14 days. This helps us increase our response times for all our customers.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[INTERNAL]
Clear Code - 82.1
[Email notification sent to: dave@.co.uk]
[Sms Message: Plusnet :I have just had notice back from our suppliers that today they have completed the required maintenance work on your line and you should have no further problems.]
Your Response
5:40pm, Saturday 22 Aug 2015
Add a comment for the support team here...
Your Response
5:44pm, Saturday 22 Aug 2015
Phone is working but crackly and internet speed is very slow much more than usual making it impossible to watchthe likes of BBC IPlayer
Your Response
5:44pm, Saturday 22 Aug 2015
Phone is working but crackly and internet speed is very slow much more than usual making it impossible to watchthe likes of BBC IPlayer
10:38am, Monday 24 Aug 2015
Dear Mr [removed],
Thank you for getting back in touch.
I have checked with Openreach and they have advised that they have cleared a fault on your line and they believe this has now resolved the issue you reported to us.
Unfortunately on retesting of your line the fault is still being detected.
I have raised the fault back to BT so that they can re arrange for a engineer to investigate your fault further.
The new estimated repair time is by midnight on 28/08/15.
I will now place this ticket on hold until 29/08/15 as we await further updates from Openreach. We will be in touch with an update within 72 hours of this ticket being released.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net/ or by phone on 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
This Question is now on hold until Saturday 29th August at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
**INTERNAL**
Description: FAULT - Battery Contact
TR0000004954512
[Sms Message: Unfortunately on retesting of your line the fault is still being detected. I have raised the fault back to BT so that they can re arrange for a engineer to investigate your fault further. The new estimated repair time is by midnight on 28/08/15.]
5:30pm, Wednesday 26 Aug 2015
The Question 108932082 has been released from hold in the BOT - Phone Faults - Logged pool and returned to the customer
Dear Mr [Removed]
Thanks for your patience.
BT Openreach have advised that they have cleared a fault on your line and they believe this has now resolved the issue you reported to us. If you are still having problems with your line, feel free to reply to this message and we will investigate the problem further, else it will close automatically after 14 days.
If you are happy this problem is resolved, please DO NOT reply to this message, it will close automatically after 14 days. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Email notification sent to: dave@co.uk]
[Sms Message: Plusnet
BT have advised that they have cleared a fault on your line and they believe this has now resolved the issue you reported to us. If you are still having problems with your line, reply to this SMS. If the problem is resolved DO NOT reply to this SMS.]
Your Response
11:10pm, Wednesday 26 Aug 2015
Phone line quality a bit better but internet speed now worse than before and now virtually useless
[removed] - CSC Analyst
5:49pm, Thursday 27 Aug 2015
Dear Mr Davies,
**INTERNAL**
Reject clear as customer is still having issues.
Kind regards,
[removed]

9:17pm, Saturday 29 Aug 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Our suppliers have confirmed they have fixed a fault and they believe this has resolved the issue you had reported to us. Please do let us know if you continue to have any further problems. I am passing this query back to you to monitor as we believe this issue should now be resolved.
I apologise for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Our suppliers have confirmed they have fixed a fault and they believe this has resolved the issue you had reported to us. Please do let us know if you continue to have any further problems. I am passing this query back to you to monitor as we believe this issue should now be resolved.]
Your Response
8:52am, Monday 31 Aug 2015
There is absolutely no difference to the phone line, still getting intermittent vice distortion during conversations, and very slow internet speed, maximum 0.7 mbps download speed, making it virtually useless for anything.
Nobody has been to the house while we are at home to test and prove/disprove this.
What internet speed is your monitoring system giving?
10:30am, Tuesday 1 Sep 2015
-
[INTERNAL]
No fault was found after automated testing.
A trouble report can still be raised if the End User is certain a fault exists.
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 1st September at 12:00pm.
[removed]- BOT - DSL Logged Faults
10:36am, Tuesday 1 Sep 2015
The Question 108932082 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - Phone Faults - Logged Appointments
Dear Mr [Removed],
The internet speed is showing a profile of 750kbit, but the noise on your phone line will heavily affect the broadband stability and speed. To investigate this further we should arrange a visit to repair the phone line.
Before we book an engineer to investigate and try to fix your issue, I need to make you aware of the following information, and you will need to accept before we proceed.
If the engineer finds the fault to be with one of the checks we have asked you to do, you miss the appointment, or you cancel the appointment within 48 hours of the engineer visit time, we will add a one off fee of £50 to your bill. This charge will appear within 90 days of the engineer visiting your property, and the engineer will demonstrate to you where the problem exists.
We are very stringent when accepting and passing on these charges, and protecting both you and us from paying a charge.
So that we may book an engineer, do you accept the possibility of a charge to your account?
BT operate 2 timeslots for visits. These are AM ( 0800-1300) and PM (1300-1800). 7 days a week. Weekend slots are not always available.
Please provide 3 timeslots you could attend and we will book the appointment for you and contact you to confirm when the engineer will be visiting.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net/ or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: We need to arrange an engineer visit, please call 0800 432 0200 or respond online at help.plus.net. n.b. We cannot make a booking by text or email, calling will give a faster response.]
10:39am, Tuesday 1 Sep 2015
-
[INTERNAL]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
3:59pm, Wednesday 2 Sep 2015
Customer rang up and would like any slot/time this week.
and if that is not available any slot/time next week, preferably the earliest slot would be convenient and they have asked for you to call there landline to confirm this as there mobile does not work.
[removed]

12:25pm, Thursday 3 Sep 2015
Dear [Removed],
I tried to call you today but there was no answer. I am afraid my colleague did not record all of the information we need to book this appointment. Please us on 0800 432 0200 or update at help.plus.net
We need you to confirm your name, and that you accept to pay the £50 charge if the fault is your setup or equipment. I'm really sorry about this.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Email notification sent to: [removed]]
[Sms Message: Plusnet I tried to call but no answer, I'm sorry my colleague did not get all of the information we need to book this. Please us on 0800 432 0200 or update at help.plus.net
We need you to confirm your name, and that you accept to pay the £50 charge if the fault is your setup or equipment. I'm really sorry about this.]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
1:46pm, Thursday 3 Sep 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Thank you for your time on the phone today.
As discussed, an appointment for an engineer to visit the premises has been arranged for 07.09.2015 between 8am and 1pm.
As agreed with you, If the engineer finds the fault to be within the boundaries of your property, the engineer will demonstrate to you where the problem exists and we will add a one off fee of £50 to your bill. The same fee will apply if you miss the appointment or you cancel the appointment within 48 hours of the engineer visit time. This charge will appear within 90 days of the engineer visiting your property.
We are very stringent on accepting and passing on these charges and protecting both you and us from paying a charge.
You can reply to this ticket here if you need to get in contact with us.
[Internal]
Customer has agreed to the charge: Y/N y
Confirm you have asked the customer to check if there is any physical damage to the BT equipment: Y/N y
Please confirm you have asked the customer to do all of the following:
Connect an alternative corded handset: Y/N y
Connect the phone directly to the test socket without a filter: Y/N or y
Connect the phone directly to the main socket without a filter with all other devices removed from the line: Y/N y
Fault Type: Noisy line
Test Results: NFF - but customer wanted an engineer appointment as they have done all the checks.
Fault Ref: TR0000004992314
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your phone engineer has been booked for 07.09.2015 between 8am and 1pm as discussed previously. Please tell us if this needs rearranging at least 48 hours prior to this.]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
1:46pm, Thursday 3 Sep 2015
*******INTERNAL*****
call back for customer after engineer appointment
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 8th September at 7:00am.
[removed]
2:24pm, Thursday 3 Sep 2015
The Question 108932082 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - DSL Logged Faults
-
[INTERNAL]
2:24pm, Thursday 3 Sep 2015
-
[INTERNAL]
2:26pm, Thursday 3 Sep 2015
-
[INTERNAL]
This Question is now on hold until Monday 7th September at 2:00pm.
2:05pm, Monday 7 Sep 2015
Question [ 108932082 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
[removed] - CSC Analyst
11:34am, Wednesday 9 Sep 2015
Dear [Removed],
Thank you for your patience.
The engineer report confirms that further work is required and that an ongoing fault was already logged for your area to replace a section of overhead cabling. I have spoken to Openreach to find out when the outage will be addressed. The job that the engineer attended to link yours to was actually a closed job so Openreach have had to send the case to another team for review. We expect an update within the next 72hours.
I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this fault.
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 10th September at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your fault ticket has been updated. You can view your fault and reply at http://contactus.plus.net/, or you can call us on 0345 140 0200.]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
1:19pm, Wednesday 9 Sep 2015
Holding.
Your Question is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon. Additional information is provided below:
Kind regards,
[removed]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
11:15am, Saturday 12 Sep 2015
Dear [Removed],
Thank you for your patience in this matter.
I am sorry that fault is still ongoing, but due to the nature of the fault this can’t be fast tracked and our suppliers are doing all they can to resolve it.
Your fault is linked with a cable breakdown issue that requires overhead work to resolve.
Currently we are awaiting Traffic management and traffic lights to be arranged which allow the engineers to go ahead to perform repair work. The set date for this to be in place is currently 16/09/2015.
Once traffic lights are in place we should have a further update on when the underground engineers would be able to perform the repair work.
We will be checking with our suppliers on 18/09/2015 to get an update on this and will advise you accordingly.
However our supplier has advised the work should be completed by 17/09/2015.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at Contact Us or alternatively, you can get answers to most questions using our support pages by going to Help and Support were you can find helpful guides for most issues.
This Question is now on hold until Friday 18th September at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your fault ticket has been updated. You can view your fault and reply at Contact Us. Alternatively you can call us on 0345 140 0200 for an update.]
7:07am, Friday 18 Sep 2015
Your Response
7:00am, Tuesday 22 Sep 2015
Expected date for the completion of the cable works and your update has now long past, may I have a current update on this fault now please
[removed] - CSC Analyst
9:49am, Tuesday 22 Sep 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Thank you for getting back to us.
I have contacted our suppliers for an update and have been given the following information
20 pairs of cable to be replaced and heavy tree cutting required also 2 way traffic lights to be in place for the work to be carried out. This has now been arranged with your local council and is planned to take place on 25/09/15, we expect an update from our suppliers by the 28/09/15 to confirm this has taken place.
Hope this helps and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused
Kind regards,
[removed]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
9:50am, Tuesday 22 Sep 2015
***INTERNAL***
Ticket placed on hold for Openreach Tracker update on 28/09/15
This Question is now on hold until Monday 28th September at 7:00am.
7:06am, Monday 28 Sep 2015
5:47pm, Tuesday 29 Sep 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
We're currently awaiting a further update from the engineers regarding the work on your line scheduled for the last couple of days. We'll keep checking and update you once we have further information. I'm sorry for the delay.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Thank you for your patience. We're currently awaiting a further update from the engineers regarding the work on your line scheduled for the last couple of days. We'll keep checking and update you once we have further information. I'm sorry for the delay.]
5:47pm, Tuesday 29 Sep 2015
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 30th September at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
7:09am, Wednesday 30 Sep 2015
Your Response
12:10pm, Wednesday 30 Sep 2015
The phone line is currently down as from sometime last night, there is no evidence of BT engineers working roadside on the cables.
11:57am, Friday 2 Oct 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
I have checked again with our suppliers who have informed me that the work is still in hand. I'm very sorry for the delay in getting the service restored.
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 7th October at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
2:49pm, Friday 2 Oct 2015
The Question 108932082 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - Phone Faults - Logged
Mr [Removed] called to escalate - Transferred through to Tech
Kind regards,
[removed]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
3:05pm, Friday 2 Oct 2015
**INTERNAL**
Advised to EU latest update on this fault as he wanted to know
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 7th October at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
7:06am, Wednesday 7 Oct 2015
9:28am, Friday 9 Oct 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
I have reviewed your fault with our suppliers who have advised they have now resolved the fault on your line however upon further testing your line, I have again found a further fault.
For this reason, I have now passed this issue back to our suppliers for further investigation and they estimate this issue be resolved by end of the day on 13/10/15.
We're happy to help if you have further technical or customer service questions in the meantime. You can reply to this message online or call us 24/7 on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200. You can find out how busy we are before you call by visiting our Support Statistics.
Kind regards,
[removed]
9:29am, Friday 9 Oct 2015
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 13th October at 7:00am.
Your Response
4:04pm, Friday 9 Oct 2015
The Question 108932082 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - Phone Faults - Logged
can you confirm the 20 spans of cable have now been replaced by BT Openworld as per the original fault rectification notice on 22 September or are we still having someone tinkering with it because this is now getting very tedious, this fault is now 2 months old and I am paying you monthly for a broadband service which is virtually useless for anything other than email or the occasional web lookup and for an intermittent phone line connection.
If this isn't rectified by the 13th I would appreciate this matter being escalated by yourselves to a senior manager in BT Openworld who has the position and authority to get this completed.
[removed] - CSC Analyst
3:49pm, Monday 12 Oct 2015
**INTERNAL**
Testing. Results to follow shortly.
[removed] - CSC Analyst
4:00pm, Monday 12 Oct 2015
** INTERNAL **
SMCAdvised engineer due on site with ERT of 13/10 and to check for further updates on 14/10.
Further work required to replace overhead cabling as this was not progressed due to CP timeout

[removed] - CSC Analyst
4:08pm, Monday 12 Oct 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Thank you for your continued patience.
Please accept my apologies for the delay and for any inconvenience this may be causing.
I have spoken to the suppliers today who advised that engineering teams are due on site to complete required work to rectify the issue you are reporting to us. In regards to the cabling replacement, Openreach informed that the replacement of the overhead cabling work is currently in progress.
Engineering work is estimated to be completed by end of the day 13/10/15. Therefore we should have more updates on this the following day and we will be in touch when we have more information. You should expect an update from us within 72 hours of the estimated response time.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
4:08pm, Monday 12 Oct 2015
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 13th October at 7:00am.
7:08am, Tuesday 13 Oct 2015
[removed] - CSC Analyst
1:59pm, Wednesday 14 Oct 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Our suppliers have informed us they have cleared a fault on your line. They believe this has rectified the issue you reported to us.
I hope this clears things up for you. There is no need to reply to this ticket if the matter is resolved. This ticket will remain open with you for the next 14 days. After which It will automatically close leaving a full copy of the notes on your account.
However, if you feel the matter needs further investigation do not hesitate to get back in touch ASAP and we will investigate further.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Our suppliers have informed us they have cleared a fault on your line. They believe this has rectified the issue you reported to us. If you feel the issue has not been resolved, please get back to us so we can further investigate.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.]
Your Response
7:13pm, Wednesday 21 Oct 2015
Phone is working but internet speed still struggling to reach 0.7mbit, almost less than a third of the usual speed so virtually useless for anything other than email. Wiring has not been replaced as they indicated would be done several weeks ago and broken tree branch across cable is still causing a considerable strain on the cable a year after I reported it to a previous engineer repairing the line to the property,
Definitely not satisfied with this back and forth, its getting real tedious now and about time someone stopped sticking plasters on it and rectified the fault once and for all.
I also spoke to my neighbours downstream of our line to the exchange, and although I am not sure of their service provider, they are all suffering serious degradation of their internet speeds, but BT OpenReach are "allegedly" responsible for the cables regardless of the service provider.
I would try and get a photo of the tree branch and email it but the road is quite narrow
12:15pm, Friday 23 Oct 2015
**INTERNAL**
Testing circuit, results to follow shortly.
Kind regards,
[removed]
1:01pm, Friday 23 Oct 2015
** INTERNAL **

KBD
xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: CBUK44625715 Service ID: BBIP38620286
Telephone NO.: [Removed] Test Executed On: 23-10-2015 12:15:28
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status: In Service NTE Power Status: NTE Power On Bypass Status: Bypass Not Activated
 Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 41.5 63.5
SNR Margin: 9.2 10
Errored Seconds: 1 13
HEC Errors: 0 0
Cell Count: 43313 80377
Speed: 416 768
Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 1152 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 921
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 8844 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 821
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 2274
BT Estimates WP Profile CLT NIC
Speed: 2000 Generic Speed 500 No Time Out  Pass  Pass
Radius
SummaryLine stable
Speed is below min speed
snr set to 9db
Will change to 6db 3-127156681870.
fault ref 3-127162526537
need to echat failed retest
Kind regards,
[removed]
1:11pm, Friday 23 Oct 2015
(13:02:29):
I have now reset the SNR as "BT IPStream Max 448/6dB/Interleaved"
(13:02:35):
Kindly request the customer to hard reboot the router and login again. Re run the KBD for the changes to reflect.
Kind regards,
[removed]
3:23pm, Friday 23 Oct 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Thank you for your patience,
I have tested your line and can see that connected is stable without any drops.
However there are some automatic settings on your line which are limiting the speed you able to get on the line.
I have arranged for the line to be reset to try and fix this. The reset normally takes 4 hours to complete. After 4 hours your router will need to be powered off for 10 seconds and then turned back on. When it reconnects we would expect the speed to be normal again, but it can take 24 hours before everything fully updates.
As part of resetting your line, this also starts a fresh "training period" on the line. This lasts for 10 days and you may see your speeds vary a little as the line tries to work out the best balance between speed and reliability for you. You may even see that your broadband connection drops a little over this period, but this is perfectly normal.
Whilst in this training period, please make sure that your router stays plugged in and powered up continuously. If you don't then you will receive a slower speed than your line may have been able to support.
If your issues continue, then please get back to us.
Please do not reply to this ticket if the matter is resolved.
If you wish to close this ticket you can do so via the following link:  Close This Ticket. Alternatively it will automatically close in 14 days.
However, if you feel the matter needs further investigation do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard/ if we can be of any further assistance.
Kind regards,
[removed]
Your Response
7:26pm, Sunday 1 Nov 2015
Add a comment for the support team here...
Your Response
7:26pm, Sunday 1 Nov 2015
Uploaded file attachment.
Name: DSC_1089.JPG
Type: image/jpeg; charset=binary
Download Attachment
Your Response
7:32pm, Sunday 1 Nov 2015
the attached photo shows a broken branch that is laying on and stressing the cable approx. 2.5 miles from my house toward the exchange, this was reported a year ago to engineers who attended a phone/broadband fault and several times since, the branch is still there laying on the cable.
Due to a family bereavement I will not be back at the house for at least another week so unable to test the quality or speed of the broadband connection but my wife checked it after the repair and before she left the house to say that, in her opinion, it was no better.
I will check when I get back to the house, in the meantime can you confirm if the 20 spans of cable BT Openworld said they were replacing some weeks ago have been completed ?
12:02pm, Sunday 8 Nov 2015
[INTERNAL] - Connection is now being tested, results will follow shortly....
12:17pm, Sunday 8 Nov 2015
[INTERNAL]

Profile Info: 6dB/Interleaved
Estimated Speed: 1 to 3 Mbps
 Upstream Downstream
Loop Loss: 41 dB 63.5 dB
SNRM: 5.9 dB 4 dB
Errors: 1 2
HEC errors: 0  
Sync: 448 Kbps 1184 Kbps
CLT: FAULT - Dis In Network (CE)
Problem Explanation: [CU17] The Copper Line test has failed (CE).
Resolution/Recommendation: BTW cannot progress this fault as the root cause is the PSTN failure. Please report to your Copper Line Service Provider.
Summary: Connection is stable and performing within the estimated speed range.
Action: Returning to customer as no fault found.
12:19pm, Sunday 8 Nov 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Thanks for your patience and apologies for the delayed response.
After retesting your connection it looks to be stable and running at the correct speed of 1 Mbps which is within the estimated speed range of between 1 Mbps and 3.5 Mbps.
Should the connection once again become slower please let us know so we can retest and investigate further, please note if the connection is operating within the estimated speed range this will not be something we can investigate further.
If you are happy this problem is resolved please close this support question.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your connection looks to be stable and is operating at the correct speed. Please call us on 0345 140 0200 if you require any further assistance.]
Your Response
6:16pm, Sunday 8 Nov 2015
I'm sorry but I must disagree, my broadband speed before all these problems was 1.8 - 2 Mbps which just about gave me enough broadband to watch Catchup TV which we have been unable to do since August as it just sits there buffering and stuttering even on SD low resolution and even trying to connect to my office with TeamViewer is a nightmare as the lag on the screen refresh makes it painful to use.
Can you confirm that the replacement of the 20 spans of cable as notified in your email of 12th October has been carried out and if not when is it scheduled, as I am still waiting for this to be confirmed.
[removed] - CSC Analyst
3:38pm, Tuesday 10 Nov 2015
**INTERNAL**
Connection is now being tested, results will follow shortly.
[removed] - CSC Analyst
6:57pm, Tuesday 10 Nov 2015
** INTERNAL **
Copper Line Test
Circuit ID: CBUK44625715 Service ID: BBIP38620286
Telephone NO.: [Removed] Test Executed On: 10-11-2015 15:37:39
Test Outcome: FAULT - Dis In Network
Copper Test Details
A to E  B to E  
Capacitance: NanoFarad NanoFarad
DP Line Length Estimate: 745 Metres DN Line Length Estimate: 745 Metres
Fault Report Advised: Y
Service Level: 2
Moving to PSTN pool
Kind regards,
[removed]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
6:59pm, Tuesday 10 Nov 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Your fault has now been raised with Openreach for further investigation. They have advised the estimated time for resolution is Friday, the 13th of November 2015. Please note this is only a estimate and the fault could be resolved before this date, however we will continue to monitor for updates from them and if we are able to provide an update sooner than this we will do so.
Please note, should an engineer find the cause of the fault to be on your internal wiring or setup then a charge of £50 will apply.
**INTERNAL**
Fault Type: BB issue
Test Results: Fail - Fault located at exchange (BT Wholesale side of MDF) Description: FAULT - no Dial Tone (line tests Abnormal)
Fault Ref: TR0000005239538
Estimated Resolution Time: Friday, the 13th of November 2015
Contact Details:07970873875
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your fault has now been raised with Openreach for further investigation. They have advised the estimated time for resolution is Friday, the 13th of November 2015]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
7:00pm, Tuesday 10 Nov 2015
This Question is now on hold until Friday 13th November at 9:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
9:05am, Friday 13 Nov 2015
Your Response
10:01am, Friday 13 Nov 2015
phone down & internet down AGAIN !!!!!
2:41pm, Monday 16 Nov 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Our suppliers are still working to clear your fault and an engineer is due to work on the fault today to clear the fault. Once we receive a further update, we will get back in touch with you.
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 17th November at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Our suppliers are still working to clear your fault and an engineer is due to work on the fault today to clear the fault. Once we receive a further update, we will get back in touch with you.]
7:09am, Tuesday 17 Nov 2015
9:38am, Thursday 19 Nov 2015
[internal]
9:41am, Thursday 19 Nov 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Thank you for your patience whilst the fault is being dealt with.
I have checked for an update on the fault Openreach have advised that a fault on your line has been cleared.
I can see that there is still a loss of broadband so I have retested your line and unfortunately an external fault is still being detected.
I have passed the case back to Openreach for further investigation and they have advised that an engineer is expected to be assigned by end of day on 23/11/15.
Apologies again for the ongoing inconvenience caused and for the time that it is taking to repair.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Openreach have advised that a fault on your line has been cleared. We can see that there is still a loss of broadband so we have retested your line and unfortunately an external fault is still being detected. We have passed the case back to Openreach for further investigation and will keep you informed.]
9:41am, Thursday 19 Nov 2015
[internal]
This Question is now on hold until Monday 23rd November at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
Your Response
2:01pm, Thursday 19 Nov 2015
This has been going on now since 10th August and yet again I am without part of my service and again being told it's on hold and to wait.
This is now long past any reasonable time limit for BT OpenReach to carry out and effect a permanent repair to my services so I now want to know who I need to contact to escalate this case to get it resolved once and for all..
In the meantime I am still paying PlusNet full price for a fault ridden service, " Broadband that love you back" I could not disagree more.
Your Response
1:44pm, Sunday 22 Nov 2015
Escalation Procedure
Escalation contacts are made by telephone in the first instance, and email is used for follow-ups. The escalation procedure is as follows:
1.First Escalation - SMC (Service Management Centre)
2.Second Escalation - SMC Team Leader
3.Third Escalation - Duty Repair Manager
4.Fourth Escalation - Head of Assurance
5.Fifth Escalation - General Manager of Service Operations
What if any of these escalation levels have been actioned to date?
10:16am, Monday 23 Nov 2015
**INTERNAL**
10:48am, Monday 23 Nov 2015
** INTERNAL **
Engineer NotesSpoke to EU, Mr [Removed] ON 01766 who confirmed that the line is still faulty NO INTERNET LT OKAY

4:11pm, Monday 23 Nov 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
Thank you for getting back to us.
I can appreciate the difficulties you have had with the services over this time. I have fully reviewed the case to ensure that going forward we can get this matter resolved.
Looking into the current level at the fault it is with BT, we do not have an escalation process with our suppliers regarding phone service.
I have been in touch with our suppliers who have advised that the job is scheduled to be assigned to an engineer tomorrow. Our suppliers have had a hard time locating the fault due to a loop condition on the line, after testing at the property it shows a fault external and when testing external it shows a fault towards the property. To move forward with the fault our suppliers are assigning a multi skilled engineer to investigate this further.
[removed] - CSC Analyst
10:35am, Thursday 26 Nov 2015
**INTERNAL**
[removed] - CSC Analyst
10:36am, Thursday 26 Nov 2015
Engineer NotesCalled SMC - Control have informed us that an engineer is working on this line today and to check for further updates tomorrow.

[removed] - CSC Analyst
10:41am, Thursday 26 Nov 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
I am sorry for the ongoing issues with your phone service.
I have spoken with our suppliers today who have informed me an engineer is working on your fault today and we can expect updates by tomorrow.
We will review this at that time and be in touch.
This Question is now on hold until Friday 27th November at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
7:09am, Friday 27 Nov 2015
9:38am, Tuesday 1 Dec 2015
**INTERNAL**
9:38am, Tuesday 1 Dec 2015
-
[INTERNAL]
Moving ticket to correct pool.
9:57am, Tuesday 1 Dec 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
An appointment for an engineer to visit the premises has been arranged for between 8am and 1pm on Monday, the 14th of December 2015
You can reply to this ticket here if you need to get in contact with us.
[Internal]
Fault Ref: TR0000005323391  
Called SMC and changed MFL. customer is away from home, and may change the appointment, but will call us if needed.
This Question is now on hold until Monday 14th December at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Plusnet: Your appointment for an engineer has been booked for between 8am and 1pm on Monday, the 14th of December 2015. Please call us on 0345 140 0200 if this needs rearranging.]
7:05am, Monday 14 Dec 2015
Your Response
5:00pm, Tuesday 15 Dec 2015
Engineer tested line and found 2 more faults, went off to fix them,
Text message from engineer today -
"Job has been sent back to workstack to be reallocated to an underground engineer as I do not have the skills required to complete the job"
4 months 1/3 of a year and still we don't have a fix - I am speechless.
8:57am, Wednesday 16 Dec 2015
[Internal]
2015-12-14 09:22:32 : I cannot complete this task because I do not have the skills required to complete the task and could not obtain assistance on the day. I am passing to an engineer with underground skills because the fault has been proven underground. The line has been proven good to the PCP, Dial tone at house but very nsy. Tdr from socket showing HR 1237m & Dis 1856m from socket. A line disconnection was detected towards the end customer.
Summary
SMC advised that fault is with an UG engineer and he's currently working on the fault right now
Kind regards,
[removed]
8:58am, Wednesday 16 Dec 2015
Dear Mr[Removed],
Thanks for your patience. I called our suppliers just now and they advised that a specialist underground engineer is working on your fault right and and he should complete the work by the end of the day today.
We appreciate your patience in this matter and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 17th December at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Thanks for your patience. I called our suppliers just now and they advised that a specialist underground engineer is working on your fault right and and he should complete the work by the end of the day today. We appreciate your patience in this matter and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.]
7:09am, Thursday 17 Dec 2015
Your Response
10:31am, Thursday 17 Dec 2015
So far all the engineers attending these faults have text to say they are attending, but can you tell me why none of them ever call to say the fault has been cleared but more importantly why they come to the house, test the line, find several faults at whatever distance from the house, go off to carry out the repairs but NEVER come back to the house to retest the line to see if they have captured all the problems, to teat the quality of the phone line and test the internet speed to ensure it is the best possible service for that location.
Basic fault finding, diagnosis and customer service.
8:27am, Saturday 19 Dec 2015
[Internal]
Fail - Fault located in local network
Kind regards,
[removed]
8:35am, Saturday 19 Dec 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
My testing is still detecting a fault on the line so I've re-raised a fault to them and the estimated repair time from BT is 04/01/16. Unfortunately as the engineers belong to our suppliers we have no control over their testing and fault finding process and this is the same for other providers.
Please note this is only a estimate and the fault could be resolved before this date, however we will continue to monitor for updates from them and if we are able to provide an update sooner than this we will do so.
We appreciate your patience in this matter and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
**internal**
Fault Type:Battery Contact
Test Results:Fail - Fault located in local network
Fault Ref:TR0000005389612
Estimated Response Time: 04/01/16 14:00:00
Contact Details:07970873875
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Plusnet:My testing is still detecting a fault on the line so I've re-raised a fault to them and the estimated repair time from BT is 04/01/16. Unfortunately as the engineers belong to our suppliers we have no control over their testing and fault finding process and this is the same for other providers.]
8:36am, Saturday 19 Dec 2015
holding
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 5th January at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
Your Response
12:55pm, Saturday 19 Dec 2015
No and because nobody retested the line immediately after the repair I have to wait another 10 days to get this sorted, It's always me, the customer, that gets inconvenienced. Why has this not been escalated and fast tracked as a high priority as it's a very long long on going problem ?
This really isn't satisfactory customer service by any stretch of the imagination..
[removed] - CSC Analyst
10:05am, Tuesday 22 Dec 2015
Dear Mr [Removed],
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 5th January at 1:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: (Plusnet): I apologise for the late estimated repair time. With this type of fault (especially due to the time of year) we are unable to escalate it to be done any quicker. If an engineer can go out earlier than planned it will be done automatically but at the moment the earliest date we can confirm is 04/01/16.]
Our Support Team will respond to your question soon. Please only add further comments when absolutely necessary.
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA names removed as per the forum rules.]
16 REPLIES 16
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Is this a UK record for the longest ongoing fault repair - 10/08/2015 to date?

Moderators Note.
Have also removed customer's name and email address and telephone number in the OP from a public forum.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Is this a UK record for the longest ongoing fault repair - 10/08/2015 to date?

Hi DaveD20, welcome to the Forum.
I doubt very much that this is anywhere near the longest ongoing fault repair Sad   Intermittent faults are the worst to find as invariably the fault doesn't show when an engineer attends and the issues can drag on for very much longer as described in this thread for example. At least you have a defined fault that is showing up under test, not that this is any consolation for the length of time taken for Openreach to get the fault(s) fixed. Depending on the location of the fault, one would have expected an engineer to have run tests from at least the PCP Cab and/or the exchange but one gets the impression they haven't been too thorough. Underground Faults can still be a problem to get fixed properly even when the location is known.
Let's hope the next engineer visit gets it resolved.
On a side note, you've posted a bit of personal information - not a good idea, also agents names (not allowed by Forum Rules). I see a mod has been along and edited them out for you Wink
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Nope not the longest by a long chalk!
I had one running 7+ months with 18+ BTOR visits before they finally sorted it.  Multiple d-side and e-side pair swaps, in-exchange work, new line termination box, replaced drop wires and filters - to say nothing of some improvements to internal, wiring.  BTOR however never did replace the problematic aluminium in my circuit.
Eventually I got my speed doubled, thanks to PlusNet persistence and excellent support from Anotherone.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Dave,
Just a comment about the overhead line and tree branch.  Damage to Openreach cables and equipment can be reported direct to Openreach on their Damage Reporting Number,  0800 023 2023  (Option 1).  Reported damage seems to have a higher priority as they are concerned with safety.  For example I reported a broken joint box along our lane, and that was repaired within around two hours (on Boxing day!) .  The engineer was actually on his way to a fault and was redirected to the damage.  The only caveat is that their priority is safety so in some cases that first attendance may simply make the equipment safe and not necessarily repair or reinstate service.  However on the whole I think it may be worth your while reporting the tree to Openreach.
DaveD20

Thank you for all your comments, I continue to live in hope, my main problem is I live in the Snowdonia National Park, nearest mobile phone signal is 4 miles away as is the nearest village, and part of the route is down a farm track from the house so the land line is our only communication with the outside world in case of an emergency.
The Internet speed, or lack of, means, we can't use it for any catch up TV or video streaming services , not exactly life threatening but still something the majority of UK residents take for granted.
Anotherone
Champion

Hi Dave.
Sorry to read that this is still ongoing. Try reporting the tree branch issue as aesmith has suggested. That said, I have re-read your original and ongoing posts and can't believe how incompetent Openreach management appear to have been with this, never mind how thorough or not individual engineers may have been.
One thing that might not be helping/causing confusion is who do you pay your line rental to - is it Plusnet or BT?
Although you are having problems with both the broadband and the phone, the essential problem is with the phone line and until that is fixed properly your broadband will also suffer.
If you pay line rental to BT then you really need to hassle them most severely about the phone line issues - don't go on about the broadband to them as they will just give you the run around. Moan on and on about the (intermittent) noisy line and distorted speech and repeat that it was not a problem before August last year. Even if you pay line rental to Plusnet, the same remarks apply.
But whoever is the provider, I noted you asked about escalation, but I see no response from Plusnet in the ticket about that.
So there seem to me to be following questions -
Has the issue been escalated within Plusnet and a single individual taken ownership of your problem?
Has the issue been escalated by your provider(s) with Openreach? and if not why not? (ask them).
It's now 5 months since your original fault was raised and it's pretty obvious to me (and most others I would say) that not only your provider but primarily Openreach, have failed to treat the problem in a co-ordinated manner. This isn't just an intermittent issue with multiple no faults found. There are repeated faults being found on test.
If there isn't some immediate action - and I would also say because of the circumstances, some contact from Openreach directly to you once the matter has been escalated, then I would be considering a formal report to OFCOM.
I think this needs some input from a member of CRT to ensure ownership of the issue is taken at a high level.
DaveD20

Anotherone, thank you. thank you, thank you for being the first person to truly see this for what it is and to see the cause for my frustration.
I was with BT but changed over to PlusNet as the sole service provider for line rental, phone calls and broadband so my primary contact has to be through the PlusNet support team and yes I too am quite at a loss why nobody there has taken ownership of this problem.having had email contact with what seems like almost everyone.in the support team.
You will see from the text trail I have asked on several occasions if the 20 spans of cable were ever replaced on the 16/09/2015 as per the information in their ticket dated 09/09/2015 but it's just given the run around. There seems to be more concern being given if I would agree to pay the £50 if it's found to be my side of the house junction box.
The money that must have been wasted by OpenReach in sending multiple engineers out to this is unbelievable and to think that we, the end user, is funding this, also the time being taken by the PlusNet tech support in keep relaying this information back and forth.
This particular case for me is making a total nonsense of the PlusNet TV advert about loving you back, how I really wish that were true
The latest ticket says the issue came off hold yesterday, 24 hours later nobody has added any further information so I presume nobody in support has chased it and we are waiting on OpenReach to add the latest update in their own good time  Angry  . 
chrcoluk
Grafter

When I first had adsl at this address I had a fault ongoing for over a year.
godsell4
Rising Star

Longest ongoing fault - well I have had broadband since about 2004 and when it rains my line will drop and sometimes becomes crackly, fault in untraceable unless it is raining. There are no spare pairs in the bundle of wires coming to my house and our neighbours, the fault affects our neighbours too.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
DaveD20

The latest part of this sad saga below - I still see no real commitment to getting this sorted, do they really expect someone to remain locked up in the house just in case they decide to pop in and have a look, what happened to keeping the customer informed and working with them to get problems resolved. There is no standardisation of service, sometimes the engineer will call to say he is coming and another time they just have a look at the line somewhere and disappear without any contact at all.
As for the phone calls there is no answerphone messages or missed calls so it must have gone astray somewhere ? Now waiting on phone call to book appointment to test the line at the house,.also still ignoring my request as to the 20 span cable replacement that never was.
xxxxxxxx CSC Analyst
12:44pm, Thursday 7 Jan 2016
**INTERNAL**

xxxxxxxx - CSC Analyst
12:50pm, Thursday 7 Jan 2016
**INTERNAL**
WLR3
Main Fault Location - CE (Fault located between DP and customer apparatus (no appointment required))
Fault Code: - NSY (Noisy)
Engineer Notes
The line has been proven good to the PCP, Dial tone ok at bt66 on customers premises,access required to verify service, no reply from contact
Line Test
NFF
Action taken - VM left as could not contact customer.

xxxxxxxx - CSC Analyst
12:51pm, Thursday 7 Jan 2016
Dear Mr D,
I tried to call you today but there was no answer.
As per my message,
Our suppliers have informed us they have cleared a fault on your line. They believe this has rectified the issue you reported to us.I hope this clears things up for you.
If you are happy the fault has been resolved, there is no need to reply as the ticket will close automatically after 14 days. This reduces our ticket volumes and lowers our overall response time.

Kind regards,
xxxxxxx
[Email notification sent to: ]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Our suppliers have informed us they have cleared a fault on your line. They believe this has rectified the issue you reported to us. If you feel the issue has not been resolved, please get back to so we can further investigate. If you are happy the issue is resolved there is no need to get back in touch]

Your Response
9:12am, Friday 8 Jan 2016
"The line has been proven good to the PCP, Dial tone ok at bt66 on customers premises,access required to verify service, no reply from contact"
If they were calling the land line then my wife was out as neither she or I had been informed that the engineer would be carrying out any work that day. They/you also have my mobile number and I have received no missed calls or voice mails.yesterday.
I presume the final test is still required so please contact either myself on my mobile or my wife on the landline to rebook the visit.
Our Support Team will respond to your question soon. Please only add further comments when absolutely necessary.
Anotherone
Champion

In view of no further response here, I wonder what is going on. I'm certainly not convinced that anyone responsible has taken ownership of this problem. Ask on the ticket
Why has this not been escalated, and why has a single faults agent not taken ownership of this problem.

if you get a stupid response, make a formal complaint.
DaveD20

Just to add this is still an on going problem, no fix in site and 30 different people have dealt with it from PlusNet ( allegedly dealt with it that is ) - 7 months and counting - Broadband that loves you back  Grin  Grin  Angry
Anotherone
Champion

To be more precise, your telephone line loves you back - NOT!  Crazy
summers
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Mav
Moderators Note.
Have also removed customer's name and email address and telephone number in the OP from a public forum.

Respect!