cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anybody who can take control?

davedeering
Grafter

Is there anybody who can take control?

I am hoping that one of the Plusnet reps sees this, as I am getting seriously fed up with things,

I raised a ticket (126142592) a while ago about poor speeds and noisy line, have had 2 Openreach visits which actually took place plus 2 where the enigineers didn't show up, I was due a visit this morning, just had a call from the engineer to say he won't be coming because he's been given the incorrect address, same thing happened the other week.

I have informed both Openreach and Plusnet that Openreach have an incorrect address for me, I might just as well talk to the wall.

I will now need to contact Plusnet again and get another appointment arranged, it really isn't good enough, is there nobody who take personal control and get this sorted out.

18 REPLIES 18
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Is there anybody who can take control?

This makes for poor reading so far.

Before I investigate, do you mind PM'ing me your exact address? From there, I'll update this thread.

Thanks,

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
davedeering
Grafter

PM sent Matty, thanks.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that Dave,

There's no notes on the account from this morning yet, though I've noted down the address the we have, the actual address, and the address that the post office go by.

At this stage it's best to wait for the engineer notes to come back, so I've left myself a reminder to check on what they've said this afternoon.

Matty

davedeering
Grafter

Thanks Matty, look forward to your feedback

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok Dave,

I've just left you a voicemail.

The address is in fact incorrect in Openreach's systems. Rather than the cul-de-sac you live on, you are assigned to the avenue next to it beginning with 'T'.

This isn't usually an issue for us, and we tend to find that Openreach will still look to resolving faults. However, we generally only see minor errors on addresses, whereas your asset is registered on a completely different road.

At this point, I think it'll be best to cancel down the fault, as if we don't the same thing will happen again (definition of insanity comes to mind). From there, I'll need to get the records updated, and then re-raise the fault. I'm hoping there won't be too long a delay.

This address issue is arguably an error on our part, as your house move provision orders were placed manually. I'll have to hold my hands up and apologise on that one and feed back.

Matty

davedeering
Grafter

Thanks for that, I never, ever have my mobile phone switched on as I only have it in my car in case of emergencies, I wouldn't even know how to receive a voice mail, ha ha.

I'll go along with whatever you consider to be the best course of action regarding this fault, I would just like to reiterate though, that I have personally made Openreach and yourselves aware that they have my address down incorrectly previously and yet nobody seems to have taken it onboard.

I'll wait to hear from you, hopefully not by voice mail.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Duly noted on the voicemail.

I'm in office tomorrow so expect to hear from me.

davedeering
Grafter

Are you likely to be contacting me tomorrow, should you need to, by phone or via the forum?, if by phone, I'll ensure that I have my mobile switched on.

Dave

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll update the fault ticket correspondence that we have up for you.

Matty

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Pleasure speaking with you Dave, will update your ticket shortly.

Matty

davedeering
Grafter

Thanks for everything you've done, but guess what, Openreach have failed once again to keep the appointment, this is the one which you organised for today between 08:00 and 13:00.

It's now 19:16 and they haven't put in an appearance and this time, the third by the way, they haven't even bothered to phone me to explain why.

I really do feel that it's high time that somebody high up in Plusnet laid the law down to Openreach, I know it won't happen, you being also a part of BT but they are a disgrace of an organisation.

I've updated the ticket and asked to whom I should send my invoice for my wasted time.

I'll wait to hear from you.

Dave

davedeering
Grafter

So, here we are, 9 days after I notified Plusnet of the failure of Openreach to keep the appointment and I'm still none the wiser as to what's going on.

Engineers report apparently said that nobody was in at premises, both myself and my wife were in all day, report said that they had photographic evidence of attendance, have asked Plusnet for copy of evidence, none forthcoming, received an email from Plusnet  advising that they've sent the fault back to Openreach and they'll get back to me in 48/72 hours, it's now 96 hours and nothing.

Is there anybody there at all?

davedeering
Grafter

As a follow on to my earlier thread

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Is-there-anybody-who-can-take-control/td-p/1343256

and the subsequent non arrival of an Openreach engineer to attend the appointment booked for 21/06/216 which was arranged for me by Matty.

A further appointment was made for today 04/07/216 08:00-13:00, which has been fulfilled by Openreach but yet again and notwithstanding Plusnet advising Openreach of my correct address, they have once again sent their engineer to the incorrect address, at least this time, he had the gumption to ring me and ask for my correct address.

However, as my noisy line is totally intermittent and Sod's Law has kicked in, the line was noise free whilst he was here, so it's a 'No fault detected' report.

This is the very reason I started my original post asking somebody to take control of this issue, it would seem that I am wasting my time.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Topics merged rather than starting a new thread as makes it easier to continue support

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still