cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a number I can call to try and sort out my order?

BadMelonFarmer
Dabbler

Is there a number I can call to try and sort out my order?

hi,
I am trying to find out what the hell is going on with my order... keep getting passed pillar to post or kept on hold in a queue and giving up after 20 mins.
Signed up on the 1st of September, given an installation date of the 25th for a new phone line and fibre.
Email sent to me on the 7th telling me the order had been cancelled - no explanation as to why.
Called plus net, passed to support, passed to orders .... 20 minutes later gave up!
Used online chat, was told it was a mistake and the order would be replaced in a day or 2 and expect an email.... installation date would be the same ... fine.
Tried to call on the 11th to see if there was any update .... gave up after 15 minutes in queue!
Online chat told me that the order had been cancelled and would be replaced ... no timescales or explanation... told I need to call support... in queue for over 10 mins... gave up
no idea what is going on and no-one seems to be able to give me a straight answer as to what is happening.
14 days is up the 15th, 4 days and am getting a real bad taste in the mouth regarding lack of customer service or information ... does not bode well for any service I am likely to receive as a customer.
16 REPLIES 16
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Is there a number I can call to try and sort out my order?

Hi BMF,
A warm welcome to the forums.
Yes sadly sometime things do go wrong with orders placed into BTw and if there is an issue an automated message is generated advising that PlusNet's supplier has cancelled the order, but not why and there after it takes PlusNet too long to pick up the problem.  There are far too many failures in the processes (personally I'm wondering if it is all to do with the recent acquiring provider lead service migration process).  One then concludes that a sizable volume in failures swamps the phone lines which are open even fewer hours now.
What kind of order is this?  You migrating from one provider to another or you taking over a line from someone else?  Each of these has distinct typical causes of failure, both caused by the existing provider.
Migration: The existing provider is blocking the transfer in the belief that the user does not want to change provider.
Take over: The existing subscriber / service provider has placed a service cancellation date on a line.  Until that cease order is fulfilled, no new order can be placed on that line.
Each of the above results in a cancellation and there is nothing PlusNet can do until the matter is sorted with the other party.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I think PN have been exceptionally busy recently not that, that is any excuse because the wait normally is too long.
If you check this link you can see how many calls are waiting and there are generally a couple of quieter periods throughout the day.
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212
BadMelonFarmer
Dabbler

Quote from: Townman
Hi BMF,
A warm welcome to the forums.
Yes sadly sometime things do go wrong with orders placed into BTw and if there is an issue an automated message is generated advising that PlusNet's supplier has cancelled the order, but not why and there after it takes PlusNet too long to pick up the problem.  There are far too many failures in the processes (personally I'm wondering if it is all to do with the recent acquiring provider lead service migration process).  One then concludes that a sizable volume in failures swamps the phone lines which are open even fewer hours now.
What kind of order is this?  You migrating from one provider to another or you taking over a line from someone else?  Each of these has distinct typical causes of failure, both caused by the existing provider.
Migration: The existing provider is blocking the transfer in the belief that the user does not want to change provider.
Take over: The existing subscriber / service provider has placed a service cancellation date on a line.  Until that cease order is fulfilled, no new order can be placed on that line.
Each of the above results in a cancellation and there is nothing PlusNet can do until the matter is sorted with the other party.

Hi Townman,
Thanks for the welcome.
It is, in theory or should be simple.... A brand new line and brand new fibre provision.
I work from home and planned to add a new connection so the wife and daughter can use the Internet without impacting my work and vice versa.... I have QOS set up my existing connection, but it is not really up to spec at 4Meg. So figured a second line would help.... Maybe but not in stress levels!
BadMelonFarmer
Dabbler

Quote from: Mayfly
I think PN have been exceptionally busy recently not that, that is any excuse because the wait normally is too long.
If you check this link you can see how many calls are waiting and there are generally a couple of quieter periods throughout the day.
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212

Thanks! Good to know I sat in a queue for 36 minutes today and the call dropped before I spoke to anyone.
Reminds me of the bad old days of trying to get through to call centres... I thought these things were in the past.
I raised a ticket.... No response.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry about the waits on the phone @BadMelonFarmer
Let us do the legwork from here. I can see the ticket has been passed to the right team today so we'll be able to update you with an activation date soon.
I'll check the ticket tomorrow to make sure it's been picked up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BadMelonFarmer
Dabbler

Thanks.... just tried to call again and was warned of wait times of 30 minutes  Embarrassed
will wait until tomorrow, but really losing all confidence
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You don't need to call us as I'm making sure this is getting attention.
If you need to ask us anything please reply here or PM me.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Adam,
Is this another example of a failed order not systematically monitored (as per the IT Works thread)?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I believe this one is down to agent error.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Harry,
Respect the honesty!  Smiley
Good to see you back here, there's loads to do...
Kevin

BadMelonFarmer
Dabbler

Quote from: HarryB
I believe this one is down to agent error.

Thanks for sorting it... Shame about the slipping date though.
I hope the "Agent Error" was not by the person in sales as I asked specific questions around minimum service level and cancellation without penalty... I was given specific information which I was ok with what I was told.... They did go away and check, so fingers crossed.
Anne3014
Hooked
Fixes: 1

It's a relief to see from.this thread that I'm not the only one having problems with getting set up on Plusnet.  My order was cancelled and I didn't know about it until I phoned to find out why I hadn't received my router. I wasted hours on hold. It wasn't just one wait but two. 30 minutes to get through then put on hold for another 45 minutes to be put through to provisioning. Then an appointment was made without consulting me about whether I would be in. I had raised a question so was able to get in contact by "adding details" and asking to be phoned. A very nice woman phoned the same day (good mark) and we agreed a time and day for an appointment.. Then when the text came through it was an appointment for tbe morning not the afternoon as agreed.(bad mark).
So I can't understand why Plusnet's customer service is so highly rated. Having said that, I am moving from John Lewis broadband with whom I have been for years and had sung their praises for good technical support.  But  recently I had such a bad experience with their customer service and was so cross about it that  I decided to move to Plusnet. Out of the frying pan into the fire it seems.
Is the root cause of unsatisfactory customer service poor management? Poor technical systems?  Lack of investment in staff training? Cost cutting?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Anne,
A warm welcome to the Forums.
Oooops!! John Lewis support is PlusNet!
What were the problems you saw there?  Generally we've been a bit frustrated here in that the JLP support desk has been more responsive than PN's ... for a time PN users were calling the JLP desk until that back door got closed.
The root is a good mix of the things you identify, with a massive dollop of BTOR failures adding to the work load.

Hope things are soon sorted for you.
Kevin

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Anne3014,
It appears that your migration from another supplier was cancelled in error.
I can see we've needed to follow a different provisioning process to get you online and that is due to be done on the 29th as per what's been noted on ticket 110785286.
I can agree from what's noted on the account that we didn't communicate this with you as clearly as I would like to have seen so I apologise for this and will be passing on some feedback about how the communication was handled.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team