cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a need for weekend DCT cover here?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is there a need for weekend DCT cover here?

Given the continued high volume of calls and long wait time on the call centre, coupled with the chronic failure of BTOR would t be prudent for PN to introduce weekend forum cover from DCT type resources?  At least whist there remains a significant backlog of BTOR related issues.
For some people without service / landline the forums are the only cost effective route to accessing support.  In an always on world, the additional delay arising from no weekend cover can be most frustrating.
Thoughts please,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Re: Is there a need for weekend DCT cover here?

Well blow me down... Within minutes of posting this (10am Saturday morning) I see Matt Taylor is busy responding to the very issue I had in mind.  Is this (unpaid?) personal commitment above and beyond the call of duty or a demonstration of PN responding to the workload issue?
Edit ... Or having since (10:30) seen the announcement about changing the telephone system was this just a matter of taking a look for additional issues consequential to the call centre being off air today?
Great work Matt!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Smiley yes, online to make sure there were no issues during the phone maintenance, and I was asked to. All been pretty quiet tbh, and the maintenance is now done so all seems good fortunately Smiley
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Does this mean the Leeds Call Centre is fully up and running now?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No, it does mean the phone system there is up and running though. Hoping they'll be on and ready to go soon, we'll certainly be announcing when they are Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Townman
Personally I'd love to see more staff around on these forums, not just the DC team. Realistically with a team the size of DC (me and 4 agents), splitting them to working weekend will absolutely kill us during the week!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Chris,
I suspected that the size of the DCT team is small and that stretching to weekends might indeed "kill" them, which is why I suggested "cover from DCT type resources".
Indeed the general point that other staff should also stroll in here (gives them direct visibility of customer perspectives / issues etc) is a good idea.
Cheers,
Kevin