cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet going back to the bad old days of poor customer service?

ByteIT
Dabbler

Is Plusnet going back to the bad old days of poor customer service?

I've been with Force9/Plusnet for about 9 years now and have been through some good and bad times (anyone remember the Tiscali LLU debacle about 5 years ago?)  I'm currently starting up my own IT company and was keen to become a plusnet partner.  I sent off an email to the partner email address on Friday 26th June.  On Friday 3rd July I still had not received any kind of reply so I called the number.  "All our operatives are busy" it said, (at 9am) so I left a message, at 10:15pm I'm still awaiting the reply.
I am also still awaiting the reply to a ticket I raised this around lunchtime today while trying to transfer a domain name into Plusnet.  It kept failing because it wanted a name or company name to be filled in as the registrar, unfortunately, there wasn't a box marked registrar so I couldn't.  Perhaps Plusnet would like me to take my customers and my domain somewhere else?
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable

Re: Is Plusnet going back to the bad old days of poor customer service?

Don't know if this is the cause of your problems but the service status postings yesterday indicated problems with internal telephone systems (now resolved) - http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1246649642.htm
and broadband network capacity - also now resolved: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1246649113.htm
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Hi There,
I have marked your post for the attention of Mark Kelly, who is responsible for Business Services and the Plusnet partner programme. He should be back in on Monday all being well, and will see your post then.
Please note that I am only a forum mod and not a member of PN staff, so I can't help you with anything else. I think Poppy hit the nail on the head with regards to the internal phone system though.
Hope this helps of sorts.
Cheers
CB
ByteIT
Dabbler

The phones may have been down on Friday, but they still had a whole week to reply to my email.  Hopefully I will hear back on Moday, if not I'll try calling again.  Thanks for your help.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've spoken with Mark today who informs me that there are no emails that have not been responded to in the partner email account.
If you would like to get in touch with our Business Suopport team on 0114 296 5182, they'll be more than happy to help.
ByteIT
Dabbler

Obviously there is an unanswered email......mine!  Nevermind, I've left another voicemail as everyone seems to be busy again.  To make matters worse, my domain transfer has been started on Sunday morning (after the original request on Friday afternoon) so it's now going to be down for the next 2 days, which doesnt look very professional.  Just have to pray it is up before my radio ad going on on Wednesday.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Which number were you trying to call?
Could you possibly PM me with a username and a telephone number and I'll see if I can get someone to give you a call?
ByteIT
Dabbler

Thanks Jameseh, PM sent
James
Grafter

Thanks.  I've passed your details onto a member of the Partner team who should be getting in touch today.
ByteIT
Dabbler

Thanks for your help Jameseh
Gordon was in touch this morning and agreed to get the issues sorted before we discuss becoming a partner.  I'm happy to report the domain transfer issue is now resolved and look forward to speaking to Gordon regarding the Partner Program.
Thank again
Stephen
ByteIT
Dabbler

I still haven’t heard back form the partner program despite a number of requests since my last post.  I've obtained my MAC key this morning and will soon be moving my customers to another provider.
I find it pretty disgraceful that Plusnet seem to think they can treat customers like this, because like me, they won't be customers for much longer.
ByteIT
Dabbler

To make matters worse, I logged a fault on behalf of a client at 4:30 on Wednesday and the ticket still as not been repied to.  COME ON PLUSNET GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!! 
ByteIT
Dabbler

So can somebody give me the name of the person I need to write to regarding this matter?  It's just beyond a joke. Who is in charge of customer services?
James
Grafter

Hi,
If you let me know a convenient time to call, I'll happily give you a ring and do whatever I can to ensure that your concerns are met.
ByteIT
Dabbler

You have my mobile number on record, you can call me anytime between 8:30am and 11pm.