cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Anybody Answering the Phone today?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Anybody Answering the Phone today?

Quote from: podman
I think it would be a great idea for them to actively seek out more staff with detailed experience to work on the forums and on difficult faults. The guys on these forums do a great job if only there were more of them.

Yes I fully agree, but I would have them work two shifts (08:00 to 16:00, and 16:00 to 00:00) and the same at weekends.
Petard
Rising Star

Or perhaps PN could introduce a facility to call us back. That would save hanging about on the phone.
Better still, if we could select the nature of the problem from a menu, perhaps it could be someone in the relevant department who calls back. Just a thought.    Smiley
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: AndyH
Why don't PN have some kind of online interactive support where you can live chat with someone?
Most staff could multi task two or three people at once and it would save a lot of time.

If they're not answering the phones why would interactive support be any different?
ianoffwell
Dabbler

Quote from: dvorak
My line's free if you fancy a chat Wink
That's probably because you work in PN Business Customer area.PN wouldn't dare annoy them would they! I urge everyone to complain to OFCOM
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I sorted my problem out with help from elsewhere.  Still not had the courtesy of a reply from Andy Baker.  If I don't hear by next week I will write to Gavin Patterson CEO for BT Group and draw his attention to the poor service.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Get real!  You posted at 18:46 on a Friday that you've emailed Andy Baker and you're complaining 24 hours later, on a Saturday, that he hasn't replied?  Really?
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Possibly a little optimistic but not unreal Wink
Last Sunday I sent an email to Duncan Tait, CEO of Fujitsu, at 8.37am.  I had a reply from him at 8.44am telling me the name of the person in charge of their technology business and that he had forwarded my query to him. The next day, Monday, I received a detailed reply from the individual with a complete answer to my query and containing PDFs with all the technical information I required. I had need to go back with a follow-up during the week and received an almost instant reply and a phone call to back up our email exchange.
That's what I call customer service Smiley
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I had a GP where I could always get a same-day appointment and there was only ever one other person in the waiting room ahead of me.  But then he didn't have many patients and his surgery was rated as "sub standard" by some official criteria.  So the payoff would seem to be "good product. long queues, poor product, short queues"
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Far from it. Good product and obviously excellent customer service Smiley Smiley
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

A cynic might say the purpose of a "Help Desk" is to answer phone calls, not to provide answers. Sadly it seems PlusNet is not even achieving the answering calls part successfully. The idea, noted elsewhere, that moving to the Leeds Call Centre is an excuse for poor availability  of call response does not hold water. Unfortunately the people who get to experience the customer dissatisfaction are those employees on the front line. Andy Baker should be stepping up and showing his face.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

While the staff in the Leeds office get up to speed we're obviously going to get better support from the more experienced Sheffield staff. Luckily there is a way to ensure this happens when you are waiting on the phone: just say shibboleet while you are waiting and you'll automatically be transferred to the Sheffield queue.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
eblakeborough
Grafter

@ Jelv
Lol - I never knew where that came from Smiley
If the Leeds staff need assistance they can always contact us here. Saying that though they have loads of our most experienced Sheffield agents up there helping them already, so there shouldn't be problems.
wyorin

I am also disappointed by delay in answering of phone. I note some sites will ring you back if there is a delay.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Reference post #3 in this thread.  I have not received a reply, not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement. Looks like Mr Baker doesn't care much for his customers IMO Sad
avatastic
Grafter

If it's during the week and business hours I'll raise a ticket and then wave the ticket number at the DC manning twitter (unless it's something i can fit in to one tweet, that is), seems to work well enough. YMMV.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)