cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intrerested in home phone packages but not in hanging on the telephone thank you

smithville

Intrerested in home phone packages but not in hanging on the telephone thank you

This is the story so far...7 days later and still I don't have an email address or return email with any information to my enquiry.  The problem seems to be that I ask one question and customer services answer another one..
On 24/03/2009 @ 10I:51  Stephanie Lawrence wrote:
>Hi there
>
>I was looking at your site to see whether it was worth my while
>looking at whether it would be worth my while using Plusnets home
>phone service . I did not have much luck finding it.  Can you help
>with this?
>
>I was also struck by the fact that I see to be spending in the higher
>quartiles of your pricing plan but I am in the lower quartiles for
>what I actually get. The opportunities presented to me for upgrade
>were a bit divisive and were  just was trying to force me to spend
>more money with you rather than offering the true range of services and
>prices available. To be honest I found this a liittle bit insulting !
>
>Like everyone else, I am in the middle of reassessing my expenditure
>in all departments. I notice Sky can offer me exactly the same as you
>give me for £5 a month rather than £15. I do not really like Sky and
>would rather stay with PlusNet.
>
>Can you help?
>
>Stephanie Lawrence

======= PlusNet Reply Below ========
Dear Stephanie Lawrence,
Thank you for your enquiry
Our Home Phone package with evening and weekends is £9.75 a month and our Home Phone
package with anytime is £14.65 both including line rental.
As you have our broadband already and would like a different deal then our COT team
will be able to help.
Regards, *******
PlusNet Customer Support

On 24/03/2009 @ 22:15 wrote:
Thanks for getting back so quickly. I don't work for PlusNet so I
don't know what your COT team is. (We do have cots in our household but
I suspect they are not the same as the cots to which you refer)
Would it be possible for you to forward my email to them?
Thanks for your help
Stephanie Lawrence
Dear Stephanie,
Thanks for getting back to us regarding this. Firstly, please accept my  apologies for the confusing nature of the previous response, as internal acronym's have been used, which you obviously have no idea about.
As you're an existing customer already, the best thing to do would either be raise a ticket directly on your account, or give our customer services team a call on 0845 1400 200. They will then be able to discuss
the options for you and give you some advice.
Regards,
PlusNet Customer Support
>> Dear Stephanie,
>>
Thanks for getting back to us again regarding this. Unfortunately,
>these messages are only seen by the sales team and we don't have access to
>the  full systems in the same way as the Customer Services and Technical
>teams  do. This is why we provide an online contact system on your account,
>under Contact Us -> Help Assistant so that you can raise your questions
>straight through to the correct people. They then have full access to all of
>your details and can give you all of the assistance you require.
>>
>> Regards,
>> ******
>> PlusNet Customer Support
>>
>> --
On 26/03/2009 @ 22:45 wrote:
Thank you very much but I don't see why you can't just forward my email on?
I do not want to call the telephone number. I want to speak to someone via email. You are an internet company, after all!
I always stuck with PlusNet because I thought Sky's customer service was not very good. I am beginning to wonder why.
So - I ask again. Please can you direct my enquiry to the correct department within your organisation. And if not, why not?
Yours sincerely
Stephanie Lawrence

I am beginning to find this almost funny.
You don't need access to any fancy systems, just the forward button on
your email. And then you just need their email address. Surely you can
find out the email address easier than I can? Maybe you could pop over
there and ask them if you don't know?
It is really not going to save yourself any time by fobbing me off like this.
So - I ask again - I would be very grateful if you could please can you
forward this email to your colleagues or if that really is too much for
your fragile frame, please could you provide me with their email address.
Yours Sincerely
Stephanie Lawrence

Dear Stephanie Lawrence

Thank you for your enquiry
As i have mentioned in previous emails to have our new packages our Retention Team
is the department to speak to and they are open monday - friday 9.00 - 5.30 and they
will be able to transfer your account to the new prices as sales are just for new
customers.
Alternatively email us on monday between the times and we would pass it to our
collegue but normally you would need to call customer services for any other
quieries and not through the contact sales.
Thank you again

Regards,
PlusNet Customer Support

Please can you forward this email as you said you would. It is between 9
and 5.
Have PlusNet been taken over by Ryanair, I wonder?
Stephanie Lawrence
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  [CSA Names Removed] ]
adie:red further csa name removed]
6 REPLIES 6
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Intrerested in home phone packages but not in hanging on the telephone thank you

It would have been less effort to simply do as they requested, and use the ticket system.
PN Deliberately avoid using emails for communication, as they are much harder to reconcile against a customer account.
By using the ticket system, full details of communication both ways are kept, and there can not be any doubt about who said what.
Mand
Grafter

Re: Intrerested in home phone packages but not in hanging on the telephone thank you

Hi,
I'm not in the office today, but I've passed your details to our sales team to call you directly and discuss your options.
Hopefully that will resolve things for you.
BTW, welcome to the community!  Smiley
Not applicable

Having just had problems trying to transfer my niece to Homephone when she moves house next week I can empathise with your dilemma. I telephoned in yesterday morning, pressed the button for sales and had the most peculiar conversation.
Was asked for an ID which was most strange as we always use the username. After several attempts her account could not be located on the system. I explained that I was actually in the account on the portal at that very moment but the person insisted that it did not exist! Eventually was told that the matter could not be dealt with due to data protection (never did find out if the account was located). This was despite the fact that the previous day I had telephoned in to update her billing details with no problems. I asked if Mand or James was around to speak to and was told that there was no one there by these names. It was as if sales had nothing to do with any part of Plusnet and that I had actually telephoned the wrong company. What is going on? Does PN want to sell the telephone service or not?
I have to say that I eventually spoke to a very pleasant gentleman today about the matter - he called back immediately and apologised but said that the transfer would be in excess of £100 as the current tenant is taking his number and it would be like a new line.
Needless to say, BT here we come.
MommaCat
Grafter

Why not just order the Plusnet phone service from this website?  I did it on-line (when I signed up to Plusnet Broadband) and the wheels were put into motion immediately.  The change over was painless and I was very impressed.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This wasn't a straight forward "order" MommaCat. The  broadband service was going to go to a line where the number had been taken by the previous occupant to their new premises, which meant a new number had to be set up. There was some confusion obviously, by one of PN's staff somewhere, about the cost of doing this.
BT were doing this for free, but the customer will be tied to a 12 months contract.
Not applicable

Anotherone's description is identical to my niece's. I was quoted approximately £38-something to set it up then on further enquiry it was to be £120+ because the current occupant is going to take his number and it would be treated as a new connection.
BT, of course, as has been said, do it free albeit for a 12 month contract.
With the new arrangement I understand that re-connections will be free but too late for my niece.