cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet went down last night couldnt even watch youview recordings, rant

poppy123
Dabbler

Internet went down last night couldnt even watch youview recordings, rant

I accept things can go wrong from time to time, in middle of watching a youtube video and half way through no internet. Gave it an hour or so still no joy. Its now 9.30 to early for bed so went to watch a youview recording from Natgeo, cant watch that either, must need internet to verify I have that channel even though its over a week old recording. What a joke that is, I pay for a service and can't watch it when I want too.

I since found out a mate of mine with BT also had internet down and so did a few of his mates all in Scarborough.

Why is this acceptable in this day and age?I been on internet since 1996/7 and yes it was bad then but we rely so much on technology too even for viewing tv like youview/netflix. I rarely watch normall tv

Oh and I am getting rid of youview when contract ends in June too many repeats, too many same old programs. Its getting boring I got youview because I was fed up of normal tv

2 REPLIES 2
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Internet went down last night couldnt even watch youview recordings, rant

Think yourself lucky you don't live here.

You'd be calling for the death penalty to be reinstated Grin

poppy123
Dabbler

Re: Internet went down last night couldnt even watch youview recordings, rant

Ironic our exchange was on fire many years ago just before internet around 1995. No one in town got a ounce of compensation from BT instead they gave it to a theatre as a donation. I am against death penalty accept Isis as we do them a favour so they can meet there maker earlier Wink

I gather a lot of our town was out of action last night so must be a local thing just shows how reliant we now are on technology. Smiley