cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation frustrations

harrysnow

Installation frustrations

Plusnet, I have been a customer for exactly 16 days now and I am already frustrated with you.
Since I moved to an area where Virgin does not provide services, I signed up to Plusnet for their Fibre Unlimited service on the 14th of December.
I was assured that I would have broadband by the 4th of January. The reason for the delay given was that OpenReach would take that much time to install the phone line (this is a new build property).
OpenReach installed the phone line last week. The ordertracker showed that the broadband had been ordered and all was well.
Then I get an email saying that the broadband order had been cancelled because of a line problem.
I called plusnet support and they said that the line had not been installed - the same line I was calling them from. It seems that someone double-ordered the line installation. As a result, the order for broadband was cancelled internally.
I managed to get the second line installation cancelled. But I was told that I had lost my place in the queue and that I would now get broadband only by the 12th of January!
I have been paying my mobile phone company through my nose to tether my laptop to my mobile phone for the last week or so. And now it looks like I will be stuck with having very limited (and very expensive) internet access for the next two weeks.
Plusnet, if there were any other viable option, you would have lost me as a customer.
Even if Virgin wires up my neighbourhood tomorrow morning, I would happily pay all sorts of penalties to get rid of my contract with you.
Customer support is obviously very low on your agenda.
/rant
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Installation frustrations

Hi Harry,
A warm welcome to the forums.  Sad to hear of your woes, which will need a  CRT (PlusNET staff) member to address.  I could though make some informed guesses on what might have happened here.
1. When BTOR installed the phone line, they did not correctly update their database to advise PlusNET that the line is live.
2. As a consequence of the above the scheduled install / order got cancelled.
3. By the time it was all sorted the resource booked for the 4th got allocated elsewhere.
One hopes that if this is indeed a BTOR foul-up PlusNET will twist arms to obtain a FOC expedited install for you.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Harry,
Really sorry about all the issues you've had so far, I'm going to take a look through things now and I'll update this thread shortly with what's going on
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Thanks for your patience Harry, I've taken a good look at what has happened and can see exactly where things began to fall out of place.
When your account was signed up our systems placed a Solus phone installation order(the Fibre order was due to be placed once the phone was installed), the phone order was left in place to progress as it should, however at the same time our systems also created a ticket on your account for us to manually provision the line.
A few days after you signed up an agent picked up that ticket and placed the order without checking the rest of the account for the previous order, they placed this order as a Solus phone order again(this was not matched to a broadband order as we could not confirm a connection date at that time as there were no spare "pairs" or connections at the local exchange at the time the order was placed)
This order was however not added to our internal trackers so we did not receive notifications from it.
The first line order placed automatically went through until this matter was noticed and was then cancelled, however our system tried to place the Fibre order on this line(as the trackers were not updated as above), this was "cancelled" or more accurately failed with our suppliers as it was trying to place a Fibre order on a line that had been cancelled.
The Fibre order was placed 4 days after the phone was activated, given the holidays this meant it was 2 days delayed from when it would have been processed by BT Wholesale
As things stand we unfortunately are not able to bring the connection date forward as this is the earliest standard appointment available and as the error was on our side we cannot get Openreach to expedite completion, I have however messaged you from your account with an offer for the delays you have experienced due to this, I will also pass on any internal feedback that needs to be done
lindyloo

I"ve had similar problems, it"s taken 5weeks to get broadband to my home, errors made by plusnet from the start,. I"m raging that they instructed TT to disconnect my broadband as they were taking over my line on the 6thDec, when they,plusnet,  had no idea when they would be taking over the line ended up without any broadband for 8days.  So know just how you must be feeling.