cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Epic, do plusnet know anything at all?!

barireid
Grafter

Installation Epic, do plusnet know anything at all?!

So got the keys for our new house a couple of months ago - placed my order and paid the installation charge 23/05.

The existing phone line in the property was already working so thought it would be straight forward... how wrong was I.

The openreach engineer came out to do his line checks and found something not to his liking - so he said he would need to do something at the pole, that's fine - but plusnet simply said they would update me in a couple of days.

Fast forward a few days - absolutely nothing from plusnet, so I followed this up by contacting them. Pole work had to be carried out, but couldn't give me a date.

Chased up again, was given the date of 10th June for the work - 10th June came and went with nothing from anyone.

14th June, message to say pole work was being carried out that date and an update would follow on the 15th.

Nothing on the 15th so contacted plusnet myself - given an update that the work would be carried out on the 17th

Update on the 17th saying the pole work would be carried out on the 27th - no explanation of why work planned for the 10th was now 17 days later, so after asking was given a line that the work was complex - surely the timescales are quite easy to tie down rather than waiting every couple of days?

I have asked several times for actual dates and a timeline towards the installation - this request has consistently been ignored.

27th June - no contact from plusnet, so again had to chase it up myself

28th reply saying they would have an update "tomorrow"

30th June (after me chasing up, yet again, on the 29th) an update at 7pm - saying the account would be "picked up in the morning"

2nd July - still no update, so had to chase it up 

6th July - had to chase again on live chat - promised an update in 48 hours

Update on the 8th saying broadband was due to be activated by 14th and router in post

11th July - Update saying the order has to be cancelled and another product ordered from the suppliers?! and it would be 1-2 days to cancel the order and then an unspecified amount of time to order the different service!

All I asked for was broadband, how difficult could it be.

Absolutely sick to the back teeth of being promised updates, only for the update to be the promise of another update, I've taken time off work for appointments that haven't been met, missed people working at my house because they didn't let me know they were coming - and all plusnet can do it pass the buck.

Even on live chat today after complaining, I asked for a transcript to be forwarded to the complaints department, and guess what, they can't do that!! 

Really ridiculous that plusnet are unable to give customers any realistic dates or timescales, and are happy to ignore direct requests for information, preferring instead to palm folk off with "we'll have an update for you soon"

No end in sight and apparently the "service" can't be cancelled until it's installed!

Have used plusnet for many years and recommended them several times but will never put anyone through this rubbish again

11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Installation Epic, do plusnet know anything at all?!

Hi there,

I'm disappointed to see that we've failed to meet expectations on a number of occasions here and honestly surprised to hear that we've had to then place a new order so I'm not surprised you're frustrated by the situation.

I haven't been able to trace your account so I'm unaware if this has been raised as a complaint by yourself, if that is the case a member of our customer relations team will pick that up and access the transcripts for any chats in question.

If that isn't the case and you still wish to escalate the matter please send me a PM with your username and I'll be happy to take ownership.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just letting you know I've checked and we're just waiting for the previous order to clear down before I can place a new one. I'll come back to this again later as I'd expect to be able to get the new order in after another couple of hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
barireid
Grafter

Can you tell me why exactly the order needs to be cancelled and then a new order placed?

I ordered broadband service to a specific address nearly two months ago - and now apparently plusnet has ordered the wrong thing from the supplier? But I don't understand how this issue couldn't have been picked up at the time of order, surely there is some record of what service is available where?

For example, I can't order Fibre to my house because it's not available, and I know that by putting my address into your website - but somehow you have managed to place an order on my behalf for a service not available at my address and only found out after weeks.

All of which means I don't have an install and no one can give me any update on when that is likely to be - it beggars belief that this is allowed to happen - I couldn't take a payment from a customer and just never get around to doing the work they have ordered, just saying everytime they ask - I'll have an update for you in a while, just blame it on someone else in the process. Then come back after a few weeks saying, actually - I know you've ordered and paid for that but it turns out I need to change something slightly, but we will have to completely cancel your order and place a new one!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The order was cancelled as unfortunately capacity was depleted after the order was placed. This is why we're placing an order on the 20CN platform for you which is available at the exchange.

We need the previous order's cancellation to clear down before we can order this. I've just checked again and that hasn't processed yet so we'll need to check this again after today for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
barireid
Grafter

Ahh, so it's Openreach at fault, and not an incorrect order as I was told previously... surprising that plusnet are trying to pass the buck yet again and promising updates yet again!!

Why does the order need to be cancelled, why can it not be changed to the 20CN - cancelling the order, waiting for plusnet to order something else and then waiting for the same engineer to do the same job from openreach seems ridiculous, surely there are man hours assigned to this job, I cannot see the logic in cancelling an order only to replace it with another, slightly different order.

The level of service and ability to keep the customer informed are truly terrible - an update to me isn't just saying there will be an update at some time in the future.

I have asked several times, and I am actually sick of asking - but can you give me a date for a completed installation?

I am now actively seeking an alternative provider as I simply can't continually waste my own time chasing and chasing a company that are supposedly providing a service but are entirely incompetent in delivering anything.

Can you tell me the cancellation process and how to obtain a refund, presumably as my order is already in the process of being cancelled it will be straightforward enough?

barireid
Grafter

So apparently I have to sit on the phone to be able to cancel the service - great stuff, waste more and more of time because you are incapable of providing the service that I've paid for - I have taken a note of all my hours either taken off work to be at home when no one shows up, or chasing the "updates" from plusnet.

Still, it's nice to get the email saying that I can apply for my cashback now my service has been activated... obviously whoever sent that one out didn't check the account before doing it!

I can't believe that I have had no update from plusnet since it was going to be 1-2 working days to cancel and replace the order, it's now on the fifth working day.... actually, of course I can believe it, it has been the only thing that has been consistent in this whole process - absolutely no date for anything has been on time.

Next week will be 8 weeks since the payment for installation, in what world is that acceptable?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We can't change an order that's already been placed. Orders for 20cn and 21cn are placed against different accounts.

I'm really sorry you've decided to cancel, please see here for more information on that: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

Let me know if you do change your mind and I'll attempt the order again.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
barireid
Grafter

you can't tell me what's happening with the order, when anything will happen with it, when you will get back to me about etc - I have literally no idea when I might have a broadband service in my house so there is no other choice than to get a service provider that might be able to actually do what the name suggests and provide a service!

I'm not even sure your cancellation policy covers anything here - I am neither ceasing the service or moving to another supplier since you have roundly failed to install or provide a service for me to cease of move!

barireid
Grafter

Now cancelled and order placed with a new supplier - only wish I'd know 8 weeks ago how terrible the communication and customer services would be as it would have saved me many hours.

Will be switching away from plusnet for my other service too.

barireid
Grafter

Ahh, it gets better...

New ISP are saying the number is marked as "available" on their system and can't process the order - so seems plusnet are still able to cause delays even when they have been removed from the process!

At least the new company have already called me back (twice) with information and not just promised to give me an update at somepoint in the future

and if I could just correct John who sent the message about my refund - I didn't "choose not to take your service", you failed to give me a service to take!

Ed2016
Hooked

Hi

Your new supplier seems to be providing better support etc.. can you tell me who that supplier is .. on forum or by PM.

Been waiting 3 weeks for a working fibre service and getting nowhere. As far as I am concerned if no usable service is delivered in a reasonable time then the contract is breached by plusnet... their supply chain is irrelevant (so they can blame Outreach all they like).

Strikes me that all that glossy TV advertising is tantamount to fraud from what I am currently experiencing.

Thanks