cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase monthly limits on Madasafish products?

DuncanL

Increase monthly limits on Madasafish products?

In these days of online music (Spotify particularly), video (Skype, iPlayer etal),  online gaming and ever more multimedia websites;  it's increasingly hard to stay under the 5Gb monthly limit of Max.  Even Plusnet's Value minimum seems to be 10GB;  which would be great.
The step from 5Gb Max to 20GB Max PLUS is a huge £120 per year;  and the limits have been the same for a number of years now.
Having been with the same ISP since the dawn of time (well the internet dark-ages of 1996!)  I'm loathe to change;  and I like the newsgroups and static IP of Madasafish.
Any chance of a meeting of minds,  nice Mister ISP?  Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
itsme
Grafter

Re: Increase monthly limits on Madasafish products?

Thought about moving over to Plusnet?
DuncanL

Re: Increase monthly limits on Madasafish products?

What are the downsides of Plusnet;  apart from the somewhat "robust" traffic shaping?  Actually;  does this affect VPN connections - I sometimes work from home and use Remote Desktop a lot.
I would lose my webspace (not vital but handy for transfers and hosting images for forums and avatars etc)
I've seen some comments about newsgroup access being limited with Plusnet?  Is that correct? - I can't find anything on the Plusnet site.
I need a static IP;  which would mean using Plusnet Pro or Unlimited - which would increase my payments by more than £100 over the 18 month contract.