cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the escalation, of Annoyed / Upset customers, what proposals would you ask PN

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: In the escalation, of Anoyed / Upset customers, what proposals would you ask PN

Quote from: Oldjim
I will tell you one way for the ticket/call times to be reduced
Get BT Openreach sorted properly

Jim,
Quite succinct!  But with a through and through BT man at the helm, is this ever likely to be addressed?  As I said a few months back, he needs to either pee or get off the pot.  Back to BTOR, to be a bit fair, their new CEO who has been in post a lot less time than has Andy, has already announced changes which will help address their operational issues - more engineers - just a pity that his predecessor got rid of them in the first place.  What's been heard from Andy - did I miss it?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

confident
Rising Star

Re: In the escalation, of Anoyed / Upset customers, what proposals would you ask PN

The most pressing problems to my mind are the call waiting times (up to 25 minutes again today) and the lack of response once a ticket has been raised. If there is a fault, making people wait simply increases their stress and subsequently their anger levels. Which is understandable but not very useful. (note to self please remember this).
With the tickets, the last 2 that I have raised have had a number of waits well in excess of 4 days (one of a week) not to get the fault resolved - but just to get a reply on the ticket! This has to be addressed and improved. Especially when automatic messages are sent out and then not followed up on, for example.
The following exchange occurred 2 weeks into a fault ticket, and it is not a unique exchange I could have quoted any amount of them.
"Script User - Automated Script Pool, 7:07am, Wednesday 28 May 2014, Question [ 85534360 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
My reply 12:47pm, Thursday 29 May 2014 Eu getting PO by lack of response - absolutely no point in above auto messages being sent out and nothing happening.
It then took another 5 days for anyone to respond to the ticket - and that was only after I kicked off in here on the forums, simply because I didn't know what else to do. (sorry chaps/chapesses  Embarrassed )
If there are insufficient staff to deal with the tickets at the minute, then wait times are not going to get better, they are going to get worse, as you are never going to catch up.
I do understand that PN appear to have major issues with the ability of OR to fulfil their contractual obligations. Unfortunately this is something that we, the members, can do little about directly.
However, PN management must address it.

TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Well, lets keep this constructive.
How about making a poll or something similar of the things you'd either like to see or things you'd like to see improving/fixing?

In that case, can we possibly root out the stalking / derogatory poster(s) please (Which can clearly be seen in posts #5 / #6 & #9) as it not only looks bad for PN but for the ones that  made them posts aswell as other threads that several member(s) have clearly noticed & bought out in the open on the forums as pointed out in post  #10 for just this thread,
& PLEASE NO / NO / NO MORE to (Its all up to the Moderators) because PN should have the final say, not the Mods (no offence to the mods) as the Mods should also be moderated & chastised / demoted / banned (MORE SO) if / when the break the very rules they have to be governed by (afer all rules are rules) arn't they
Since it appears that  the new CEO 6 - 7 months in have not improved things, then they need to look for a new CEO as since Andy Bakers arrival there has been a major decline in some areas (hope it is just a coincidence) we will not be waiting with bated breath as, pointed out,
Quote from: MauriceC
IIRC  The last time this scenario was playing,  ALL investment in improving the Service was under restriction as the Value of the Company was inflated prior to the BT takeover.
Now I'm no conspiracy theorist, but there just has to be an underlying reason why so many problems affecting Back Office; Provisioning; Finance; Network are in the "Tomorrow" file?
The DCT guys'n'gals are doing a sterling job propping up the lack of Senior commitment,  but 'Sorry'  has now lost most of its value through too frequent use.
Some visibility of Andy Baker's plans to keep the ship afloat are overdue.
M

I think PlusNet should HeadHunt for their next CEO
DIDO HARDING
as she has literally turned TalkTalk around, I know they still have work to do, as Rome was not built in a day, but the hard work from DIDO HARDING is clearly paying off, as can be seen on their forums (where you do not have to be a customer to sign up)
Quote from: tijara33
In a spirit fo fairness, I should point out that ANNOYED has 2x Ns!  Wink

Duly noted & amended, thank you  Wink
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: In the escalation, of Annoyed / Upset customers, what proposals would you ask PN

Karen,

There is unfortunately a long standing known issue where if the EU touches a ticket which is with support, it goes back to the end of the queue.  The ticket sort sequence appears to look at only the last touch time by anyone, being unable to discern between an EU touch and a PN touch.
If a ticket comes off hold and remains with a on team DO NOT TOUCH IT unless you want to wait!
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

confident
Rising Star

Re: In the escalation, of Annoyed / Upset customers, what proposals would you ask PN

Kevin, it took another 5 days after I responded!
Quote from: Townman
Karen,
a long standing known issue where if the EU touches a ticket which is with support, it goes back to the end of the queue. 

If that is the case Kevin it needs to be addressed asap, that is appalling, and would go to the top of my proposals list. If people are not getting a reply after that auto message goes out, then of course the user will put something on the ticket.  Shocked
TORPC
Grafter

Especially before the 14 day / 2 week time for the tickets to auto close
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Duly noted & amended, thank you  Wink

You're most welcome. Sadly we OAPs tend to be rather pedantic.  Embarrassed
I hope that your campaign makes some progress & the feedback gets forwarded to the man at the top. I'm sure that CP will do his level best to make sure it does.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Yep!
TORPC
Grafter

When do you propose you will, be speaking with Andy Baker (again) ?Huh
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm not in a position to provide dates/times of when any such conversations will be held or with the relevant people.
We'll take the feedback on board though and I'll continue to push on this so that we come back to you with something.
TORPC
Grafter

One thing I would like changed (more for a security purpose) in the unlikely event that Hackers or a more likely scenario
When a customer internet is down, & they have to rely on a public place like a library etc, to update / check their ticket(s)
They should not have to be faced with, an in your face, WE WANT YOUR DIRECT DEBIT DETAILS TO PREVENT THIS PAGE from YOU SEEING YOUR TICKET etc, with the FIELDS ALREADY FILLED IN Sad
If a customer like me chooses to manually pay & the card details are clearly stored in your database, then why the need to thrust the DD page in their face(s) . especially when you are always paid the same time month after month without fail ?Huh

Albeit it, the page typically happens the 1st time you log it to the member centre, then disappears for a while or that day (can not remember how long)
as I have already signed in to pay my bill today I am unable to re-enact a screenshot
Have you got an expectation of a reasonable time-frame when you hope to speak with Andy ?Huh
For example
I will hope to have a meeting with Andy Baker within the next week or 2 dependent on schedules etc (with an update when a time / day has then been arranged)
A BTW Chris when you said
Yep!

Can you please clarify which part(s)  / sections of the thread you was referring to, as I guess a single word answer (may be clashing with Confucius), even though that was clearly not the intent  Wink
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It was Chris Parr to whom I think you're quoting there - he isn't in the office at the moment.
All I'm going to say is, leave it with us and I'll ensure that we get something out for you all. I'm not on a position to make any hard and fast promises but I do want something for you all to see what it is we're doing and what the plan of action is. This is something that all of us here want for you all, I'm just sorry it's taken this long, so far.
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers Chris (Conficius) as there are many a Chris in PN Towers  Wink Cheesy Lips_are_sealed
As you have also recognised how long this has taken to date, (Only hope is that, the other parties, yet to be spoken with) DO NOT DRAG IT OUT any longer than required

Can we please have some closure on this (as it may confuse others)
A member asked a question in relation to his signature (NO NOT my query this time)
I did ask the other day, yet somehow got lost, in the influx of workload
& the result ended in confusion (due to the Language rule not being clear for Avatars & Signatures)
Quote from: TORPC
Whilst we are discussing the rules in a civilised manner
Can we have the Language / Signature rules to be clear, in that it is ok, to have a different / foreign language in the signature
Or if it is not ok, then make that clear in the rules
Please refer to this thread for clarification

Edit:

I am not the only one confused Lips_are_sealed
Quote from: Petlew

Seem to recall there's a not often invoked forum rule about the use of foreign languages. But maybe that doesn't apply to sigs.
<snip>
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The rule is clear as written.
The language restriction is specific to posts
TORPC
Grafter

Therefore to clarify (NOT to be perceived as some members would like to call / class me as) before they start again http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_troll & http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_attack
No offence OJ however (not everyone has the same / similar outstanding, mindset or, are  as intelligent as you clearly are) you should of been a Mensa candidate  Wink
If they need to ask a question or 2 then, they need help / advice etc to clarify what they do not fully understand
Sometimes a simple
Yes sir it is ok
Or
Sorry Sir it is not ok
Or
Sorry Sir, I honestly do not know, however leave it with me, & I will endeavour to find out, & will get back you asap
Should suffice unless they require a further understanding on that subject
They should not have to be sent around the estate to find the answers, to find the answers that others find clear
You are either saying
The use of foreign languages in the signature are
Welcomed with open arms
Or
Are not
Welcomed with open arms
Can you please point out where it shows to you as clear as mud, restricted specifically to posts
[quote= http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_language]Forum Language
The official language to be used with all postings on these forums is English
Which clearly indicates that, it includes the Avatars & signatures as the avatars & signatures are part of the postings
If it were as clear as mud, then why did the OP have to ask in the 1st place
I'm happy to discuss the rules and any changes to them, <snip>

Then when a moderator was shown the Language rule (Sorry Strat) as I think you may of been confused also
Neither said
It is ok & within the rules
or
It is not ok as it is against the rules
Conclusion
Leaving the door wide open for Confucius to walk in
Personally I have no problem if any member was to have a foreign language in their signature, as long as it is clear that they can do so,
I must admit I do like to see other languages in signatures, as long as they are within the guidelines of course + it shows individuality