cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the escalation, of Annoyed / Upset customers, what proposals would you ask PN

TORPC
Grafter

In the escalation, of Annoyed / Upset customers, what proposals would you ask PN

As per the title
What would you like to propose to PlusNet to help them, plug the holes in their current (We're currently unable to DO YOU PROUD) sinking ship ?Huh
WE NEED YOUR HELP
S.O.S
Edit:

Title amended, to reflect on actual post titles

81 REPLIES 81
Spider
Grafter

Re: In the escalation, of Angry / Upset customers, what proposals would you ask PN

Throw the person(s) overboard who are creating the holes in their ship then repair the holes, before pumping out the water.
picbits
Rising Star

Re: In the escalation, of Angry / Upset customers, what proposals would you ask PN

I wouldn't say there was an escalation of angry/upset customers - I wouldn't say it was that much more prevalent in proportion to the amount of complaints and issues vs customers when I first joined up.
I would say that a lot of the issues appear to be caused by no-shows and BT Openreach issues (although not all). The Plusnet Billing system also seems to be a cause of quite a few issues.
Obviously we then have customers who take a lot of the staffs time with minor issues and complaints or even issues which weren't Plusnets fault to start with.
I do also thing the ticket response time issues should be looked at as customers who haven't had a reply in a few days often come onto the forum as a "last ditch" attempt to get something sorted.
I also would question your "sinking ship" statement as Plusnet are a growing company. They just need to find the balance between the service and the customer numbers.
Empirical
Grafter

One thing I can see that they are doing very wrong is not calling back customers when promised. Even if you have no more info if you said you would call back at (or by) x time then you should  - no exceptions. That is a simple one.
There are a few other things I can think of, should they want to hire me as a consultant.  Cheesy
They are not a bad company and you cannot use complaints on forums as a measure of success. Most customers only talk when something is wrong not when something is right.
Mav
Fixes: 515

I've had a few problems recently and each promised call-back was met, escalations happened when appropriate and even had my profile raised over the weekend within a short time of phoning.
Call wait times have been on average between negligible and 5 minutes.
There is an outstanding issue with regards to my phone control panel but it isn't causing major problems at the moment so I am happy to wait for it to be resolved.
I don't believe PN is a sinking ship but, like Dom S pointed out, it is obvious that some issues do keep cropping up time and time again an should be addressed as soon as practicable.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

IMHO maybe the OP should take a step back ?
Plusnet have problems which are addressed on a daily basis through this forum, and through the phone lines.
While things are not perfect they can only improve through constructive remarks and support / patience from all.

The quote sounds more like a petulant child who has not got his/her way rather than a constructive criticism of Plusnet's problems and not worthy of a forum thread
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Oh dear, PN's resident malcontent is at it again Roll_eyes
Most of us are quite happy with the service we get from PN. If you don't like it then there is a very simple solution Wink
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Well said artmo. I'm another very satisfied customer.  Smiley
TORPC
Grafter

Obviously you have not noticed, the reaction from customers, other than myself, to which you want to cast aspersions
NedLudd
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
Oh dear, PN's resident malcontent is at it again Roll_eyes
Most of us are quite happy with the service we get from PN. If you don't like it then there is a very simple solution Wink

Plus one!
Geoff,
York.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: In the escalation, of Anoyed / Upset customers, what proposals would you ask PN

Oh dear - the kangaroo court is in session again!
Were it anyone else, I feel there wouldn't be the derogatory sniping.
I am a happy customer, but I look at the forums and see on the feedback pages only ONE posting of positive feedback. A FEW postings of neutral feedback.
However, of the 30 posts on the first page , approximately 19 POSTS ARE NEGATIVE (when I looked). And a few locked threads too.
So something is not right. Give the guy a break, it is not a personal attack, it is not malicious nor abusive.  It is a valid question that maybe ( as pointed out by DomS, and Empirical) there are things that could be addressed. And if people would stop and answer, may give some positive feedback that can be acted upon by PN.
Unfortunately, I feel if OP were to say good morning there are people here who would take offence!
Krazeh
Grafter

Re: In the escalation, of Anoyed / Upset customers, what proposals would you ask PN

Quote from: doris
I am a happy customer, but I look at the forums and see on the feedback pages only ONE posting of positive feedback. A FEW postings of neutral feedback.
However, of the 30 posts on the first page , approximately 19 POSTS ARE NEGATIVE (when I looked). And a few locked threads too.

That's not really that surprising to be honest. People who don't have any problems with their service are generally much less likely to post about it on a forum. You're always going to get a very skewed picture by relying on a forum for an indication of how a business is doing in terms of customer satisfaction..
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
<snip>

Are you trying to lose PlusNet revenue ?Huh
If so
Would you pay for the disgruntled peoples get out clause  fees, if  / when they feel the need to leave (whilst in contract) ?Huh
If more people left, it would be lessening the revenue for PlusNet
Crumbs
Even PlusNet themselves, have openly stated they have problems, some of which are not a priority, & some of which are, look how hard they have worked, just to make the running of the forum smoother, due to our constant & positive feedback.
Ok I know the forum is still not 100% perfect, however it is running a lot smoother with less issues as a result
Now if we can all be positive & help PN in the areas that they are struggling, as DomS so aptly said
Quote from: DomS
<snip>
They just need to find the balance between the service and the customer numbers.

Which when you have a customer base as large as PlusNet (surely you can appreciate, that it is no easy feat),
Therefore if we can help them in the right direction, they may get there a tad quicker
Put it in simpler terms
I do not want Plusnet to be awarded the wooden spoon or even be a contender for the wooden spoon awards

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Personally I'm really happy with PN I haven't had any problems for quiet a while [3 years] and certainly don't see them as a 'sinking ship' or believe things are anywhere near as bad as title of the thread suggests but I do get dismayed at the number of repeat problems that customers seem to get.
Putting aside any OR/BT problems there shouldn't be repeat problems with internal issues such as billing. When someone states they have a problem with their bill and then told it's sorted only for it happen again the next month that's embarrassing and as I've said before I find the pricing policy complicated beyond belief.
There does appear to be a fair few problems within their own website [usage and call wait times to mention 2 areas] and that doesn't look good for an IT company
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

In a spirit fo fairness, I should point out that ANNOYED has 2x Ns!  Wink