cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im so upset and fed up with plus net.. pls help me

serenhere

Im so upset and fed up with plus net.. pls help me

Question topic: Your Question | ID: 28543298 - latest fault reported
Before I joined Plus Net I was with my previous supplier for 5 years - with no problems whatsoever!!
I have had on going problems with my internet connection since February , speed problems and connection problems.
I have recieved poor customer service, numerous phone calls have got no where except a huge phone bill. I am continually told to do things such as change filters, wires, plug into test socket etc. All of which I have done to the point I even bought a new router and brought in a BT engineer (who found no fault with the BT connection!) The Line has been continually tested and no solution is offered.
My lastest issue has meant that I have been without an internet connection for two days on and off. To add to annoyance I need the internet for my work, which has obviously suffered for the last two days. BT have now not only hinted but definately stated to me that the fault is indeed with my internet provider!
I have been given no compensation for a service that I am paying for and not receiving,
On the face of this would you join plus net or renew your contract?? I certainly will not be recommending your service to my aquaintences, as I would in an ICT based industry - this is a good many people!!
7 REPLIES 7
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Im so upset and fed up with plus net.. pls help me

Customer service certainly seems to be getting worse of late. Perhaps if you give more details of your problem together with your line stats customers may be able to help you. There are some very helpful people on these forums.
serenhere

Thanks, the problem at the moment simply there is no broadband connection. There is a dial tone on the phone, but neither router can connect to the broadband service. It is not a username password fault. They lowered the nosie ratio to increase my speed about a month back as the speed was so slow.
Plus Net said at 2.00pm yesterday that they are running tests ... that is the last I heard from them - apart from when I phoned for an update as there was no response to my request online (I connected through 3G phone) and they informed me I had to wait till morning...morning comes and no response!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi serenhere,
I'm sorry you are having these problems. Just to check you say you have dial tone on your line, can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other intermittent noise on the line. Dial a 1 to get rid of the dial tone. If you need more time before the NUT (number unobtainable tone) dial the quiet line test 17070 option 2. (Don't use any ringback or other test). Who is your Telephone Line Rental provider?
I'm sure you will have been asked much of the following before, so I'm sorry but if there is no crackling noises on your linee we'll need the following to help get to the bottom of this.
You may have an intermittent line problem, the worst to deal with.
What Mode/Router are you using? Do you know to access your Modem/Router ADSL line stats?
If you can post both Downstream and Upstream - Sync/connection speed, Attenuation, NoiseMargin (SNRM) and Power.
Try here - http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php - if you need guidance for many Modem/Routers.
Can you also post the results from http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ - (you need Java Runtime Environment installed for this to work - the latest version for your OS).
Please login to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate and advise what it says for your current profile/line speed.
Finally could you give an Outline description of your installation -
1) Do you have an NTE5 Master LineBox (the type with the removeable lower front plate) and which logo it has on it.?
2) Whether you have any fixed extension wiring and sockets & how many, and roughly how the cables go from one to another;
3) What filters do you have and where is the Modem/Router plugged in?
4) Do you have a corded phone, do you have a cordless phone - if so what type?
5) Is any other POTS (plain old telephone service) equipment (Faxes, Answer phones, Sky boxes or Alarms systems etc) plugged in/connected.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi serenhere,
I can see the fault is raised and all the necessary tests have been done, I would expect this to be raised to BT for you later on today. This definitely looks like an intermittent sync issue, sorry for the hassle.
serenhere

Hi,
1. Yes there is noise on the line - BT said it is within the boundaries though - they are my telephone provider
    BT have done about 5 line tests since i changed to plus net - 2 in the last 2 days
2. Router a) Belkin N Wireless Router - i think ....F5D8233UK4
                 b) Thomson Speedtouch 585 Wireless Router
3. I have tried wireless and wired connections
4. I am posting from a friends internet as mine has no connection so I cant give you the speed test but from experience this can range greatly
5. Profile of the line before plus net and at the start was 3.5M now is 0.5M according to o2 online (where you type your number in)
6. I have removed the plate and it has been plugged in there for 3 months - when my troubles started
7. No extension wiring - one socket
8. Filters - i have tried several - one plus net sent me... a belkin one.. another unnamed
9. I have a corded phone I have tried with it and and without it in
10. No other equipment plugged in
Sorry if I have missed anything
Thank You loads for your help!!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you can hear crackling on your phone line with the modem/router unplugged and using a corded phone, then phone BT on 151, when it is crackling, don't use any automated tests - a waste of time in this situation, apart from which incoming ringing can temporarily clean a bad joint, speak directly to an adviser. Get them to confirm that they can hear the noise and log it and log it as intermittent. Don't mention your broadband (you get the run around). Tell them there are times when it gets very loud and interfers with your conversation. Tell them you are plugged into the test socket using a corded phone. Request that all that information is passed to the OpenReach engineer.
serenhere

Hi,
I phoned like you said and BT are sending someone round tomorrow... so fingers crossed.  No reply from plus net on the open questions so i am not sure how far they have got with BT.
Many Thanks - much more supportive and helpful than customer services on plus net!
I will update when or if things change