cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im quite confused and really cross..thinking of cancelling

parrotpotty01

Im quite confused and really cross..thinking of cancelling

I had a chat with PN on Saturday about my account and was told about the 12mth line rental saver that they have again this year...
Chap I spoke to said I should have had an email (which never got to me) and he said he'd 're-send- it. He didn't. So I called them just now and got DIFFERENT advice off the one I just spoke to
The new one just told me that "whilst I can have that line rental saver again, it has to be at the higher price because they cant do it more than 3mths before my contract ends...which works out as 31 october 2012. As the 'saving' FINISHES on the 28th October I have to pay the higher price. And for some reason, Im really quite cross about it. I guess it takes allsorts to upset people but I kinda feel very disappointed and let down now.. and starting to wonder if I should listen to what any of them say anymore.. Im starting to 'mistrust' the information Im getting
I know there are those out there who are gonna think Im being really trivial, but I am fed up of someone telling me something that looks to be a good deal, and when you try and sort it, you get told they gave you the wrong information ("and Ii can only apologise, Miss , that my colleagues have given you the wrong information..I dont know why they did that.. And if it doesnt say anything about it on our website, then I will have to warn technical staff and have it added..." blah blah blah.Try reading between the lines and THIS is what theyre really saying:- "Im sorry you were stupid enough to think that we would repeat this massive saver offer to you again this year so that we can keep you as a happy customer, but to be honest, Miss .. you can go and get stuffed... cos we are gonna charge you a higher price because we worked it out that your payment would be due on the 31st October, so we decided to let it finish [as far as YOU are concerned] on the 28th. Isnt that clever of us.. Can we have your feedback? Have we peeved you off today? Oh we ARE pleased.!"
Guess who's got a job to do in the next month or so, looking for another provider? One that can be trusted...)
Sad Have a good night y'all..Im off to kip...try... AngryBoyBlue x
10 REPLIES 10
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Im quite confused and really cross..thinking of cancelling

I think you can pay for the next year early, there have been some people posting on here who have done just that.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi parrotpotty01,
Thanks or taking your time to post and give you feedback to us.
Apologies that you have had to have been told alternative answers to your questions. I will look at who has informed you what and when. It may have been a genuine mistake or it may be that we need to inform the agent more who you spoke to. Either way I will feedback with this.

It looks like the agent you spoke to the second time did inform you of the correct details, not that that makes it any better for you.
I have created a ticket(#60520432) on your account that will explain in further detail regarding the LRS and I have also closed your other ticket regarding this.
Chris
parrotpotty01

well Chris, I hate to be a 'stuck-in-the-mud, but as the poster above you said..there are people here that have already paid early.. SO WHY CANT I?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The paying early has a time limit of 3 months - in other words you can renew up to 3 months in advance of it running out
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi parrotpotty01,
You can pay in advance but it cannot be more than 3 months in advance of your current LRS ending.
I have updated your ticket that will hopefully offer a solution.
Chris
parrotpotty01

Hello Chris
2 messages in your PM folder (sent today)
THANKS from George n Fiona  Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi,
Just to let you know that Chris (the other one) isn't in the office today, he's back tomorrow so should pick up your PMs then.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
parrotpotty01

Grin Thank you for letting me know!  Smiley Have a great afternoon!
CliffTopp
Dabbler

Quote from: parrotpotty01
Guess who's got a job to do in the next month or so, looking for another provider? One that can be trusted...)

I think BT's current line rental saver price goes up at the start of January - so it looks like you miss out on that one too  Cry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just to be clear Pusnet's Phone prices including LRS do not go up now until November the 18th, so you can renew if your current LRS expires around mid-February.
With regard to not receiving emails check the email address registered here (login required).